PrepGridiron.com National High School Football Top 25 Reader Poll (Updated 1/5)

PrepGridiron

On 8/17/2017 at 9:54 PM, PrepGridiron said:

PrepGridiron.com National High School Football Top 25 Reader Poll Week 12

Week 12 Top 25 Rankings. Updated 11/8/2017. 

1. IMG Academy (FL) 
  2. Mater Dei (CA) 
  3. Allen (TX) 
  4. Centennial (CA)
  5. American Heritage (FL)
  6. St. Frances Academy (MD) 
  7. Ben Davis (IN) 
  8. Katy (TX)
  9. Bishop Gorman (NV) 
  10. Miami Central (FL)
  11. Bingham (UT) 
  12. St. John Bosco (CA)
  13. Trinity (KY) 
  14. Lowndes (GA)
  15. St. Joseph's Prep (PA)
  16. De La Salle (CA)
  17. Miami Northwestern (FL) 
  18. South Pointe (SC) 
  19. St. John's College (DC)
  20. Archer (GA)
  21. St. Ignatius (OH) 
  22. Union (OK)
  23. Pine-Richland (PA)
  24. Mission Viejo (CA)
  25. St. Xavier (OH)

On the Bubble:  Grayson (GA), St. Edward (OH), Duncanville (TX), Brentwood Academy (TN)

Archived Rankings for 2017

Edited 23 hours ago by PrepGridironuote

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, lemme git dis skraight! You boys are STILL up da Bishop's ass as a TOP TEN in UNIVERSE?! Even though they were hard pressed to beat FIVE LOSS Dematha? A Dematha, a team who in their six wins, beat NOBODY who anybody outside of Delmarva, has ever heard of? And THEN, you further insult the integrity of your poll, by placing St. Francis and American Heritage, high in the pecking order! Two teams who struggled with one of Colquitt's BEEEEOOOOOOTCES, Bishop Sullivan! TRUTH be known, there are probably no fewer that ten schools in Georgia, who could kick the shit outta most of your top twenty five!

OH, I almost forgot! Fucking South Pointe BARELY beat crappy lil BUFORD, of Georgia AAAAA! And Buford may not even be the best team in AAAAA! Have you ever heard of ROME? I heard that it wasn't built in a day! This ranking shit CAIN'T be THIS difficult for you boys!

18 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, lemme git dis skraight! You boys are STILL up da Bishop's ass as a TOP TEN in UNIVERSE?! Even though they were hard pressed to beat FIVE LOSS Dematha? A Dematha, a team who in their six wins, beat NOBODY who anybody outside of Delmarva, has ever heard of? And THEN, you further insult the integrity of your poll, by placing St. Francis and American Heritage, high in the pecking order! Two teams who struggled with one of Colquitt's BEEEEOOOOOOTCES, Bishop Sullivan! TRUTH be known, there are probably no fewer that ten schools in Georgia, who could kick the shit outta most of your top twenty five!

OH, I almost forgot! Fucking South Pointe BARELY beat crappy lil BUFORD, of Georgia AAAAA! And Buford may not even be the best team in AAAAA! Have you ever heard of ROME? I heard that it wasn't built in a day! This ranking shit CAIN'T be THIS difficult for you boys!

SFA’s canceled game w IMG sucks.  DBP and Bishop Sullivan weren’t exactly resume boosters this year but they played both and did what elite teams do. 

SFA plays the artist formerly known as Gilman in their finals.   What that means is their marquee win this year was beating McDonough 2x.   Talented team that had they played and beat IMG could have raised some MNC attention.  

On November 10, 2017 at 4:27 PM, golfaddict1 said:

Let’s see how MNW-MC ll next week turns out.  One bad half of pre playoffs celebration perhaps, but I believe 27-7  MNW 1st half is more indicative of a ranking differential than 21-0 Norland 2nd half in a meaningless game before the playoffs.  MC beat BG on the road and  gave IMG their toughest battle, also a road game.  Unless an injury bug hit MNW, they will be a tough out.  

@GardenStateBaller Still mad at MNW lol.

• Sad 1

Week 13 Top 25 Rankings. Updated 11/17/2017. 

1. IMG Academy (FL) 
  2. Mater Dei (CA) 
  3. Allen (TX) 
  4. American Heritage (FL)
  5. Centennial (CA)
  6. Ben Davis (IN)
  7. St. Frances Academy (MD) 
  8.  St. John Bosco (CA)
  9. Bishop Gorman (NV) 
  10. Miami Central (FL)
  11. Bingham (UT) 
  12. Katy (TX)
  13. Trinity (KY) 
  14. Miami Northwestern (FL) 
  15. Lowndes (GA)
  16. De La Salle (CA)
  17. St. Joseph's Prep (PA)
  18. St. John's College (DC)
  19. Archer (GA)
  20. St. Ignatius (OH) 
  21. South Pointe (SC)
  22. Pine-Richland (PA)
  23. St. Xavier (OH)
  24. Union (OK)
  25. Grayson (GA)

On the Bubble:  Duncanville (TX), Chandler (AZ), Mission Viejo (CA), The Woodlands (TX), Brentwood Academy (TN)

On 11/12/2017 at 4:02 PM, ORabidOne said:

If its so easy rab please show us the 10 in ga that you speak of who can beat all of the top 25.  You talk alot of shit but I never see you actually bring anything to your fights. 

Just an interesting game note from Trinity. This year in the playoffs Trinity has been thrown for 357 yards of penalties in 2 games. In the playoffs the officials come from out in the state meaning district refs arnt used. We're having a debate on our local site about how the khsaa is purposefully trying to get Trinity to lose. Kind of funny. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, THS2011 said:

Just an interesting game note from Trinity. This year in the playoffs Trinity has been thrown for 357 yards of penalties in 2 games. In the playoffs the officials come from out in the state meaning district refs arnt used. We're having a debate on our local site about how the khsaa is purposefully trying to get Trinity to lose. Kind of funny. 

Speaking of refs getting arm injuries from throwing flags.Del Oro coach got suspended 1 game for his frustration over the Refs giving his team over 300 yards in penalties in their playoff game ...Yes I said 300 yards in one game

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, THS2011 said:

When will another KY team step up?

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 3:58 PM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

When will another KY team step up?

Depends on which class you're talking about...

Since going to 6 classes in 2007 (WAY too many classes for Kentucky…Should have stayed at 4 classes…5 MAX), 6A has been 90% Louisville…Trinity, St. X and Male for the last 10 years, with a Northern KY team (Scott County), in the mix!

5A has been dominated by Highlands and Bowling Green the past 10 years with Covington…Catholic stepping up again…Finally, for this year!

Since 1975, 4A was dominated by Louisville Trinity, St. X and Male with a few other schools from out in the state winning titles once the 6 classes were created…Boyle County and Highlands specifically!

Since 1959, 3A was Dominated by Louisville Schools till they went to 4 classes in 1975…From that point on, it was dominated by Highlands, Covington Catholic, Boyle County, Belfry and Louisville Central!

Since 1959, 2A has been a fairly good mixture of winning teams…Mostly dominated by Danville, Mayfield till the early to mid 90’s!

Since 1959, 1A has been a fairly good mixture of winning teams as well…Mostly dominated by Beechwood, Danville and Mayfield!

Here are a few links to the Kentucky HS Football Championships History, and the winners for those years and all 6 classes.

https://khsaa.org/records/football/pastwinners.pdf

https://khsaa.org/records/football/footballteamcompositechampionships.pdf

B|

13 minutes ago, American Male said:

Depends on which class you're talking about...

Since going to 6 classes in 2007 (WAY too many classes for Kentucky…Should have stayed at 4 classes…5 MAX), 6A has been 90% Louisville…Trinity, St. X and Male for the last 10 years, with a Northern KY team (Scott County), in the mix!

5A has been dominated by Highlands and Bowling Green the past 10 years with Covington…Catholic stepping up again…Finally, for this year!

Since 1975, 4A was dominated by Louisville Trinity, St. X and Male with a few other schools from out in the state winning titles once the 6 classes were created…Boyle County and Highlands specifically!

Since 1959, 3A was Dominated by Louisville Schools till they went to 4 classes in 1975…From that point on, it was dominated by Highlands, Covington Catholic, Boyle County, Belfry and Louisville Central!

Since 1959, 2A has been a fairly good mixture of winning teams…Mostly dominated by Danville, Mayfield till the early to mid 90’s!

Since 1959, 1A has been a fairly good mixture of winning teams as well…Mostly dominated by Beechwood, Danville and Mayfield!

Here are a few links to the Kentucky HS Football Championships History, and the winners for those years and all 6 classes.

https://khsaa.org/records/football/pastwinners.pdf

https://khsaa.org/records/football/footballteamcompositechampionships.pdf

B|

Thats one thing I never understood... why smaller states have so many classes... 

Kentucky seems like 4A or 5A should be the max.... 

I feel the same way about SC and Arkansas... 

SC has 5 classes... they need no more than 4. 

Arkansas has 1A-7A... and thats senseless... 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Thats one thing I never understood... why smaller states have so many classes... 

Kentucky seems like 4A or 5A should be the max.... 

I feel the same way about SC and Arkansas... 

SC has 5 classes... they need no more than 4. 

Arkansas has 1A-7A... and thats senseless... 

I agree!

The KHSAA wanted to give other state teams a chance to win a state title in football...Thus, they jumped from 4 classes to 6 classes!!!

Louisville teams were DOMINATING 3A when all they had were 3 classes, so they went to 4 classes...Guess what...Louisville Teams Still DOMINATED 4A too...Thus the 6 classes!!!

That's why I posted the two links I posted...Gives everyone here a history of the teams in Kentucky with the Best/Most Tradition, and a better understanding of the system we're under!!!

With a little over 4.5 million people in Kentucky, we should have no more than 4 classes...5 at most...And IMHO 5 is one too many!!! 

B|

8 minutes ago, American Male said:

I agree!

The KHSAA wanted to give other state teams a chance to win a state title in football...Thus, they jumped from 4 classes to 6 classes!!!

Louisville teams were DOMINATING 3A when all they had were 3 classes, so they went to 4 classes...Guess what...Louisville Teams Still DOMINATED 4A too...Thus the 6 classes!!!

That's why I posted the two links I posted...Gives everyone here a history of the teams in Kentucky with the Best/Most Tradition, and a better understanding of the system we're under!!!

With a little over 4.5 million people in Kentucky, we should have no more than 4 classes...5 at most...And I think 5 is one too many!!! 

B|

Arkansas has a population of 2.9 million... and they have 7 classes.... 

I mean at the very least Kentucky has 4.5 Million and 6 classes. 

But 2.9 and 7? 

@Frosty4024 You know Arkansas football why is that? 

SC 4.9 Million-5 classes 

GA-10.43 Million-7 classes... 

3 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

But 2.9 and 7? 

SC 4.9 Million-5 classes 

I agree with the Arkansas mess as well...But, it might be a public vs. private type thing like New Jersey and Tennessee...Separate playoffs for them!!!

B|

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

But 2.9 and 7? 

SC 4.9 Million-5 classes 

I'm Louisiana and Texas (and parts of Southern Arkansas)

If I recall...7A was developed in 2006-2007 because teams like Fayetteville, Springdale Har-Bar, and Bentonville were dominating the state (School size supposedly gave them a competitive advantage...Think Allen, TX)...

So they added another class...

Want to complicate things...Look at what they're doing to all sports EXCEPT Football:

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2017/aug/01/recount-passes-reclassification-2017080-1/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, American Male said:

I agree with the Arkansas mess as well...But, it might be a public vs. private type thing like New Jersey and Tennessee...Separate playoffs for them!!!

B|

I remember Tennessee switching to public and private playoffs around the early to mid 90s(?). The publics were tired of recruited up BA and MBA winning state every other year.

The split didn’t bother me as much as them dividing up the public’s into 5 classes. Now, they have 6!! Too many watered down champs now. With Tennessee’s population they should have no more than 4 public classes. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

I'm Louisiana and Texas (and parts of Southern Arkansas)

If I recall...7A was developed in 2006-2007 because teams like Fayetteville, Springdale Har-Bar, and Bentonville were dominating the state (School size supposedly gave them a competitive advantage...Think Allen, TX)...

So they added another class...

Want to complicate things...Look at what they're doing to all sports EXCEPT Football:

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2017/aug/01/recount-passes-reclassification-2017080-1/

Frosty, I was evaluating AR state ranks on Calpreps yesterday...  do you or anyone have a clue why 2017 would make a spike like this?

2014  (26th), 2015  (30th),  2016  (25th)  2017  (currently 7th)?   

18 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

They're winning the OOS games?

2014 (12-12),  2015  (9-4),  2016  (12-3),  2017  (13-4)... previous 3 years their top 50 schools avg. was in the 32-33 range and now this year the avg. spiked up over 10 pts to 44.  Not really sure the quality of wins and losses through the years, but imo just a weird adjustment all of a sudden in 2017.   Looking down the top 10, Fayettville beat a MO squad by 5 and lost to a TX private by 1.  Bentonville over an OK school and a loss to a MO school.     

Week 14 Top 25 Rankings. Updated 11/24/2017. 

1. IMG Academy (FL) 
  2. Mater Dei (CA) 
  3. Allen (TX) 
  4. American Heritage (FL)
  5. St. Frances Academy (MD) 
  6. Centennial (CA)
  7. Ben Davis (IN)
  8.  St. John Bosco (CA)
  9. Katy (TX)
  10. Bingham (UT) 
  11. Bishop Gorman (NV) 
  12. Miami Northwestern (FL)
  13. St. John's College (DC)
  14. Trinity (KY) 
  15. Archer (GA)
  16. De La Salle (CA)
  17. Miami Central (FL)
  18. Colerain (OH)
  19. Pine-Richland (PA)
  20. St. Joseph's Prep (PA)
  21. Mission Viejo (CA)
  22. Chandler (AZ)
  23. Duncanville (TX)
  24. Union (OK)
  25. North Gwinnett (GA)

On the Bubble:  Brentwood Academy (TN), South Pointe (SC), Klein Collins (TX), Armwood (FL)