PrepGridiron.com National High School Football Top 25 Reader Poll (Updated 1/5)

PrepGridiron

4 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Is that supposed to be St X (Kentucky)? Didn't they beat Indy Cathedral? Surely, they're not in the top 25? 

20 minutes ago, THS2011 said:

Yeah, St X KY. I also agree. I'd have them 101-150 right now, not top 25. I think they meant to put X Ohio. 

Thanks, gents for the help. It's been corrected. 

7 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

The PrepGridiron.com Reader poll has fluidity this week demonstrating that the voters are not bound by the rules that once you earn your spot you stay there until you lose. Several teams that had games, including Chandler, American Heritage and East, jumped up positions. Two of the exits from the poll were from Florida as Carol City got thumped by PrepGridiron.com Number 1, IMG Academy, and Miami Central's 35-6 win over Dwyer in the KOC was not enough to keep it in at 22. The other exit, St. Joseph's Regional, were replaced by another New Jersey team, St. Peter's Prep. Also coming into the poll this week are bubble teams St. Frances Academy riding a number of transfers and St. Xavier who squeezed by Indy Cathedral.  

Week 1 Top 25 Rankings. Updated 8/23/2017. First place votes in parentheses. 

1. IMG Academy (FL) (5) 1-0 defeated Carol City 41-22; next up @ No. 11 Chandler (AZ) on 8/26
  2. Mater Dei (CA) (3) 0-0 bye; next up @ Bishop Amat on 8/25
  3. St. John Bosco (CA) (1) 0-0 bye; next up @ No. 5 St. Thomas Aquinas (FL) on 8/25
  4. Bishop Gorman (NV) (2) 0-0 bye; next up No. 8 Dematha (MD) on 8/25
  5. St. Thomas Aquinas (FL) 0-0 defeated Dillard 39-0 in KOC; next up No. 3 St. John Bosco (CA) on 8/25
  6. Allen (TX) 0-0 bye; next up Cedar Hill on 9/1
  7. Grayson (GA) 0-0 bye; next up No. 23 Hoover (AL) on 8/25
  8. Dematha (MD) 0-0 bye; next up @ No. 4 Bishop Gorman (NV) on 8/25
  9. Centennial (CA) 0-0 bye; next up Pittsburg on 8/25
  10. American Heritage (FL) 0-0 defeated Booker T. Washington 42-27 in KOC; next up @ Bishop Sullivan (VA) on 8/26
  11. Chandler (AZ) 1-0 defeated Red Mountain 42-14; next up No. 1 IMG Academy (FL) on 8/26
  12. De La Salle (CA) 0-0 bye; next up @ Amador Valley on 8/25
  13. East (UT) 1-0 defeated Timpview 42-10; next up @ Bingham on 8/25
  14. Katy (TX) 0-0 bye; next up Westlake on 9/1
  15. Trinity (KY) 1-0 defeated Carmel (IN) 31-3; next up @ No. 18 Warren Central (IN) on 8/25
  16. DeSoto (TX) 1-0 bye; next up @ Dallas Jesuit on 9/1
  17. Bergen Catholic (NJ) 0-0 bye; next up DePaul Catholic on 9/2
  18. Warren Central (IN) 1-0 defeated Center Grove 27-24; next up No. 15 Trinity (KY) on 8/25
  19. Colerain (OH) 1-0 bye; next up @ LaSalle on 8/25
  20. St. John's College (DC) 0-0 bye; next up Jones (FL) on 8/26
  21. St. Peter's Prep (NJ) 0-0 bye; next up Union City on 9/1
  22. Lake Travis (TX) 0-0 bye; next up @ Converse Judson on 9/1
  23. Hoover (AL) 0-0 bye; next up @ No. 7 Grayson on 8/25
  24. St. Xavier (OH) 0-0 bye; next up @ Hinsdale Central (IL) on 8/26
  25. St. Frances Academy (MD) 0-0 bye; next up @ Canada Prep on 8/26
Bubble Teams: Converse Judson (TX), Carol City (FL), Miami Central (FL), Colquitt County (GA)

Let us know what you think!

I understand if you replace SJR with another  school that has played and over performed...but to replace SJR with SPP another NJ school who like SJR has not played a game yet and  has the weakest schedule in the BNU is a absolute joke.  Get a freaking spine.  THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

I understand if you replace SJR with another  school that has played and over performed...but to replace SJR with SPP another NJ school who like SJR has not played a game yet and  has the weakest schedule in the BNU is a absolute joke.  Get a freaking spine.  THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NJ has been tough for many to weed out. I think you could put several BNU teams and make a case for and against. I'm sure SJR will earn their way back in. 

8 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Ouch! I think part of being a great varsity head coach is building a program at all levels. Hopefully this is an aberration and isn't a long term sign of things to come. 

Colquitt freshman lost like 31-0 or something to Lowndes the other day. I don't know how it works in other states, but usually the best freshman play JV. 

I guess we take it slow .... it is extremely rare .... no frosh play JV at SJR ... only rare frosh to varsity .... that I know of .. hatton / alaimo last year .... frosh rb this year ... probably missing one or two but highly unusual to play varsity ... and why bother with JV when frosh schedule is brutal 

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

Colquitt freshman lost like 31-0 or something to Lowndes the other day. I don't know how it works in other states, but usually the best freshman play JV. 

Colquitt Freshman Lost to Lowndes 31-6 last week at Lowndes

Colquitt JV Beat Lowndes last week 30-6 in Moultrie

One Colquitt Freshman played JV last week, the remainder played in the 9th grade game

The Freshman have been putting in a lot of work over the past week to correct the problems from last week. This group of kids had never lost a game since the started playing together as a group in the sixth grade, and they definitely did not like the feeling of losing. The freshman will play Valdosta this afternoon in Valdosta. I'll give an update later this afternoon

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 94Packer said:

Colquitt Freshman Lost to Lowndes 31-6 last week at Lowndes

Colquitt JV Beat Lowndes last week 30-6 in Moultrie

One Colquitt Freshman played JV last week, the remainder played in the 9th grade game

The Freshman have been putting in a lot of work over the past week to correct the problems from last week. This group of kids had never lost a game since the started playing together as a group in the sixth grade, and they definitely did not like the feeling of losing. The freshman will play Valdosta this afternoon in Valdosta. I'll give an update later this afternoon

The ninth grade/freshman game was called at half time In Valdosta due to lightning they will have to replay the game 

9 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

Yeah, I want to keep it in the same thread but will give it its own home as well. 

Maybe keep adding the new poll to the OP instead of it getting lost in the deep dark pages of the thread?

Just put the week for the poll with the added installment and edit the title to reflect the week.

On 8/23/2017 at 5:08 PM, PrepGridiron said:

I personally don't because they don't play the pressure end of season games. For example, we were watching SJB outlast a Centennial team, ram the ball down Mater Dei's throat and completely dismantle DLS. They were playing great football at the end of the season and had they been undefeated they would have been hard not to put at 1. I think the same thing may happen this year. Unless IMG is playing in some Geico classic, we won't see them at the end of the year when it matters most.

WHERE was this mindset in 2015, when Colquitt went on the road more than 200 miles each week, and defeated three teams with a combined record of 39-1? And two of those were highly nationally ranked!

• PrepGridiron changed the title to PrepGridiron.com National High School Football Top 25 Reader Poll (Updated 9/7)
  • PrepGridiron unpinned this topic