CKKC Day 3: North Gwinnett 28, Walton 31 - F/OT

ECHS05

23 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Boyyyyy this shit right here annoys me. I was always told that a team, no matter who it is, shouldn't beat a top 10 team from a higher classification. Obviously the numbers are against the team from the smaller classification, so when you take a team like......Peach County for instance, and they beat a top 10 team from 6A, then people wanna say, "Peach is an elite team....they're supposed to win that game." I could think of several scenarios like this as well. 

Its never that cut & dry... you should know that.

Its never going to be all Top 10 7A teams can beat everyone from every other class. Every Top 10 6A team can beat every Top 10 team from 5A and lower... every Top 10 5A team can beat every team from 4A and lower... thats just nonsense.

The main point is... the higher in class you go, the more good teams there will be... it doesnt mean #1 in 3A cant beat any Top 5 6A team. No. It simply doesnt.

It doesnt mean that the top team in the State cant be from a class outside of 7A... although the top team in the State has been from the highest class every year but once in the last decade...

Use common sense... its never cut and dry.

2A has Benedictine... they would be ranked top 3 in 3A, Top 3 in 4A, Top 6 in 5A, Top 6-7 in 6A, and somewhere from 9-14 in 7A.

Notice they go down in class ranking every class they go up... due to depth. Honestly this is just an example.

The top 3A team may beat the top 6A team some years... but not normally. 

I think Benedictine & Callaway from 2A... GAC, Cedar Grove, Peach Co. & Crisp Co. from 3A... Cartersville, Sandy Creek, Thomson from 4A... Rome, Buford, Carrollton, & Stockbridge from 5A... 5-6 more from 6A.... are all good teams no matter what class you put them in...

5A may have the best Top 4 in the state of any class... Rome, Buford, Carrollton, & Stockbridge are something serious.

Depth and talent goes up the higher in class you get... thats the point.

56 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Let's see what Carrollton does over time. A Newnan win doesn't mean much for me. 

I honestly believe 5As top 4 may be better than any other classes Top 4...

Idk though.. 7A with Grayson, Colquitt, Lowndes, and a 4th team like Parkview, Brookwood, Westlake, Mill Creek, or McEachern would be hard to beat.

Ok I take it back... 5A has a better Top 4 than 6A... or any other class besides 7A.

Im high on all of Rome, Buford, Carrollton, and Stockbridge. 

Is it possible Parkview is a Top 5 7A team this year?

They do bring back 17 starters and they added some talented transfers... and only lost to Brookwood 24-23 ( and Brookwood is receiving a lot of hype), lost to Lowndes by 1 also, 35-34... Norcross 38-15, and McEachern 47-29 in the playoffs but McEachern was very good last year..

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

They do bring back 17 starters and they added some talented transfers... and only lost to Brookwood 24-23 ( and Brookwood is receiving a lot of hype), lost to Lowndes by 1 also, 35-34... Norcross 38-15, and McEachern 47-29 in the playoffs but McEachern was very good last year..

They took Peachtree Ridge to the woodshed last night, 50-13. Not sure if PTR made a terrible hire or if Parkview is a contender. Could be both

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Their game is on NFHS. Saw it again late late last night. 

Parkview looked good but damn Peachtree Ridge is not a good team this year. I shit you not when Parkview scored all of their touchdowns untouched. Just GAPING holes. Ridge went up 13-0 (off some help) and then 50 unanswered. It was ugly. 

Do find it shitty that Payton was Ridge's QB for years , to switch to Parkview and then go in there and play with that poor attitude  

Game #2 7A Archer vs 7A Brookwood....

Theres a lot of talent in this upcoming game...

Check out the D1 talent for both teams...

Archer: Players with D1 offers

4* CB Andrew Booth - Favoring Clemson... #20 CB Nationally

4* S Jalyn Phillips - 32 FBS offers .... #23 S Nationally

4* ATH Braylen Weems - Offers from Iowa St. South Carolina, & Rutgers ... #35 ATH Nationally

3* SDE Colby Wooden - Favoring Duke/UGA ... #27 SDE Nationally

3* CB Taiyon Palmer - Duke Commit - #33 CB Nationally

3* OT Joshua Ezeudu - Favoring Minnesota/West Virginia ... #78 OT Nationally

3* DT Will Choloh - 21 FBS offers,  #43 DT Nationally 

TE Brandon Shelnutt - Georgia St. Offer

Brookwood: Players with D1 Offers

4* WR Matthew Hill - Auburn Commit ...  #13 WR Nationally

3* RB Dante Black - 8 FBS offers ... #86 RB Nationally

3* OT Casey Holman - Duke Commit ... #34 OT Nationally

3* CB Kendall Williamson - 28 FBS offers... #115 CB Nationally

ATH Jamison Collier - Offer from Purdue...