Christian Pulisic

golfaddict1

Yes.  The USA has finally found gold with an international player.  Only 18 years old and already becoming an international recognizable name.  The US is always hyping the next kid when there's even a hint of potential.  Minus Landon Donovan, they've all failed....until now.  I don't wanna jinx the kid, but he's got IT.  He'll be playing on a bigger team within two years. He's just what the USA needs for soccer to really start gaining traction here.  Hell, I'm ready to go buy a Pulisic jersey!:D

• Haha 1

On 8/19/2017 at 11:56 AM, World Citizen said:

^^^

I have really enjoyed watching the world cup.  Awesome stuff.  Only thing that would make it better is If they didn't act like they were shot every time someone bumps them and they go down.  Writhing in agony and 1 minute later running up and down the field.  Other than that it's great.  

I hear ya.  Also the number of times the offsides is called incorrectly and often results in a goal (game winner at times) and that drives me nuts.  I don't see the logic in having one main ref who has to run a good amount of the time and is responsible for a large field.  The flag wavers can only do so much.  The decision is on one guy for such a large area... I never understood this.  

The Cosmos in the 70's with a tv contract got me hooked right away.  Pele in the twilight of his career was still a talent and they were loaded w talent.   

On 8/19/2017 at 3:07 PM, Bormio said:

Dortmund is plenty big.  He needs to play.  Do not want him to go to Barca or Real or a big time EPL team and ride the bench.

Indeed Bundesliga Borrussia Dortmund is just fine.  They play in the Champions League.   Talented club. 

I agree that Dortmund is top notch team, but are you saying that he wouldn't go to Barca, RM, or Man U etc if he had the chance (and $)?  All's I'm saying is that I think he's going to become good enough to where one of those teams is going to throw some serious cash his way. If he stays at BD, that's cool too.  But I predict he's not going to finish his career at BD.

15 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

I agree that Dortmund is top notch team, but are you saying that he wouldn't go to Barca, RM, or Man U etc if he had the chance (and $)?  All's I'm saying is that I think he's going to become good enough to where one of those teams is going to throw some serious cash his way. If he stays at BD, that's cool too.  But I predict he's not going to finish his career at BD.

Not saying he would not go - but probably not best for his development right now.  If he is that good, he will certainly end up with a team like that.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2017 at 10:19 AM, Blueliner said:

Yes.  The USA has finally found gold with an international player.  Only 18 years old and already becoming an international recognizable name.  The US is always hyping the next kid when there's even a hint of potential.  Minus Landon Donovan, they've all failed....until now.  I don't wanna jinx the kid, but he's got IT.  He'll be playing on a bigger team within two years. He's just what the USA needs for soccer to really start gaining traction here.  Hell, I'm ready to go buy a Pulisic jersey!:D

A lot to do with coaching. Been hearing all my life how soccer is going to take over in the USA. Coaching and player development still lacks behind the rest of the world. You are correct on Donovan, but before that the last great American at the highest level?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cossacks said:

A lot to do with coaching. Been hearing all my life how soccer is going to take over in the USA. Coaching and player development still lacks behind the rest of the world. You are correct on Donovan, but before that the last great American at the highest level?

i was curious myself. I just went down the list of the 50 best Americans ever.  The answer to your question would be: none.  That said, other than goalies (which the US has produced several at the world class level), Clint Dempsey, Carlos Bocanegra, and Steve Cherundolo had pretty damn good careers overseas at the highest levels.  But those guys weren't know world wide, and they came up through the ranks versus being "the next great thing".  Pulisic is certainly not a a star yet, but he is on the world radar already at 18 years old. It's up to him now...and coaching, like you said. He's getting daily reps against some of the top players in the world. He's in the right spot at this point of his career. Exciting times for him.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Cossacks said:

The women have been very successful, much more than the men, and probably could add a name or two.