Corky Kell potential games?

FootballGuy

Just now, steeler01 said:

Buford played a top team last year from 7A, and were thumped 24-7.

Buford scored 7 points against the 2 best teams they played. 

IM NOT TALKING ABOUT LAST YEARS BUFORD.

Im talking about the John Ford led Buford of this year.

There is absolutely no comparing Buford of last year and this year. None what so ever.

1 minute ago, old_e said:

If your not playing in the top bracket of your own state, I really doubt you will compete with a top dog from one of the power states. Ask Aledo.

Let me stop you there. 

Unlike Aledo. Buford has played our top programs. Theyve won some and theyve lost some. 

And Im not gonna lie I dont see Bishop Amat beating Buford. 

Just like i dont see Buford beating MD.

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

IM NOT TALKING ABOUT LAST YEARS BUFORD.

Im talking about the John Ford led Buford of this year.

There is absolutely no comparing Buford of last year and this year. None what so ever.

Last years Buford is probably better.

I know Ford runs an uptempo offense, which will mean more possessions for teams offensively and less rest for a thin team like Buford. This would also help Mater Dei if they played.

Running the ball is better for a team like Buford, less possessions means their defense doesn't get worn down.

5 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Let me stop you there. 

Unlike Aledo. Buford has played our top programs. Theyve won some and theyve lost some. 

And Im not gonna lie I dont see Bishop Amat beating Buford. 

Just like i dont see Buford beating MD.

Fair enough. But to assume that a lower tier program will hang with assumed number 1 team in our state its a straight diss.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

They haven't beaten any top teams in those given years though.

Playing a top program and playing a top team in the given year are two different things.

Aledo had beaten Lake Travis before, a higher rated win in Texas  than any Buford has ever had in Georgia.

2 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

They haven't beaten any top teams in those given years though.

Playing a top program and playing a top team in the given year are two different things.

Aledo had beaten Lake Travis before, a higher rated win in Texas  than any Buford has ever had in Georgia.

Buford has beaten Mceachern recently within the last 3 years. Theyve also destroyed all of Deshaun Watsons lead Gainesville teams. 

When has Aledo beat Lake Travis? 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

They don't seem much different. Barely beating scrubs in back to back weeks.

They're not. Give them a couple of years. A bunch of money has been put into the program. Marietta didn't spend it because someone was friends with a builder. Like Buford, Marietta is a seperate city school system. So if the will is there, the staff can recruit a slew of talent from Cobb ( Marietta is in Cobb County, though as mentioned above has it's own school system). There is potential there to stack a team with, for around here anyway, an unusual amount of talent. Basically cherry pick players east of I-75 More than enough alent to load up a few teams, but Marietta is the only one who can do so without any recourse. I'll be curious to see what he fields over the next couple of years. And if they are willing to take on some OOS heavyweights.