DeMatha player sends Bishop Gorman QB some "friendly" words on twitter

coach_warren

32 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

A few years ago cole gest was lighting up some sjr players twitter accounts ... props to him though after the game he gave respect to sjr when Eds lost. 

If you dish it out ... you gotta be able to take it back. 

Wow thats interesting. What did he say?

And I agree, this is gonna be a slug-fest. Such an interesting matchup.

John J Morgan is a 6'2", 235  lb. defensive end for DeMatha.  He is a Pitt commit but was also offered by Penn State, Maryland and Virginia Tech among others.

Interesting tweet to send to the opposing qb...

As an aside DeMatha is 3-3 on games televised by ESPN, ESPN 2 or ESPNU.  The victories include Miami Central in a season opening game two years ago.

21 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Big Drop, 

Can you see DM laying an egg like vs SJR in 2013? #42-14

I'm actually afraid to say anything for fear of jinxing them.  

Still....all kinds of excuses for the game against  SJR (former coach gave one of the best pregame speeches I've ever heard which was broadcast on, I think, ESPN).  Bottom line is that SJR, all excuses aside, was at least one to two tds better in any situation even a return game at DM.  A great SJR team! The DM team the next year, was much better. Still, would that team have beaten SJR?  I don't know.   I'm told that the game against Miami Central the next year was not the "toughest" game of the year; it was American Heritage Plantation who the week before DM beat IMG.  

This is when I almost wish there was a kind of "super league" which included teams from the DC area, Baltimore, Philly and North Jersey.

Against Gorman, the only real question mark that DM had WAS their qb who performed phenominally well against SFA.  I know that Gorman's qb had a similar game (11 for 11?) on Friday night so both should be ready for the other.  I honestly expect the difference to be one td or so either way.  Regardless, DeMatha should be totally prepared for this.  

I'm guessing that Coach Rollinson finds himself in the unusual position of rooting for Gorman.  If they beat DM it puts more important on the Mater Dei/Gorman game.  If Gorman loses he may feel that he should have come to the D. C. area....

Honestly, I would like to see both DM and MD win by the same margin over Gorman.

And, that SJR team was probably the equal of anyone in America that year.

:D

• Like 2

22 hours ago, BigDrop said:

John J Morgan is a 6'2", 235  lb. defensive end for DeMatha.  He is a Pitt commit but was also offered by Penn State, Maryland and Virginia Tech among others.

Interesting tweet to send to the opposing qb...

As an aside DeMatha is 3-3 on games televised by ESPN, ESPN 2 or ESPNU.  The victories include Miami Central in a season opening game two years ago.

Did he get any looks from a POWER FIVE power? Most of those teams are usually second tier!