Do any Republicans/Conservatives care about this?

World Citizen

Republican lawmakers, once again, have decided to stick it to the people.  They stopped the $35 cap on the cost of insulin which was part of the Inflation Reduction Act.  

My question is do any Republicans care about this?  

This is a sincere question.  

Republicans strip $35 insulin price cap from Democrats' bill -- but insist Senate rules are to blame - ABC News (go.com)

Why Did Republicans Vote Against the Insulin Cap? (marketrealist.com)

Republicans Force Removal of Insulin Cap for Private Insurers - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Republican lawmakers, once again, have decided to stick it to the people.  They stopped the $35 cap on the cost of insulin which was part of the Inflation Reduction Act.  

Republicans strip $35 insulin price cap from Democrats' bill -- but insist Senate rules are to blame - ABC News (go.com)

Republicans Force Removal of Insulin Cap for Private Insurers - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Simple answer is no they don’t. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Evil.

48 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

The sad part is Cassidy and Kennedy are idiots...... guess I'll give them a little credit.

I hate all these damn people. 

Republicans Bill Cassidy of Louisiana, Susan Collins of Maine, Josh Hawley of Missouri, Cindy Hyde-Smith of Mississippi, John Kennedy of Louisiana and Alaska's Lisa Murkowski and Dan Sullivan voted for the measure with Democrats. All 43 "no" votes came from Republicans.

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

Since you are being sincere...

I believe both sides (constituencies not politicians) care about this.

but another question might be...

is it any better when the Dem's just did it too?

PS: From yer own link..."noting that he previously "voted for an amendment, that Dems blocked, to provide insulin at cost to low-income Americans."...

btw: Wonder if the Reps were trying to break procedural rules, when those Dems nixed it?

🤔

Interesting-perspective GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

53 minutes ago, RedZone said:

The sad part is Cassidy and Kennedy are idiots...... guess I'll give them a little credit.

I hate all these damn people. 

Republicans Bill Cassidy of Louisiana, Susan Collins of Maine, Josh Hawley of Missouri, Cindy Hyde-Smith of Mississippi, John Kennedy of Louisiana and Alaska's Lisa Murkowski and Dan Sullivan voted for the measure with Democrats. All 43 "no" votes came from Republicans.

They are all idiots.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Troll said:

Since you are being sincere...

I believe both sides (constituencies not politicians) care about this.

but another question might be...

is it any better when the Dem's just did it too?

PS: From yer own link..."noting that he previously "voted for an amendment, that Dems blocked, to provide insulin at cost to low-income Americans."...

btw: Wonder if the Reps were trying to break procedural rules, when those Dems nixed it?

🤔

Interesting-perspective GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

How about damn the rules and be human in another way besides greed.

• Like 1

As a stand alone issue this is foolish. There should be a cap. Medicine should always be affordable no matter what. We can’t send Ukraine $100 billion dollars and have expensive medicine at the same time. I don’t agree with this. Plus it’s bad policy and not popular with the mainstream. It might cost some of them in the polls. 

21 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

As a stand alone issue this is foolish. There should be a cap. Medicine should always be affordable no matter what. We can’t send Ukraine $100 billion dollars and have expensive medicine at the same time. I don’t agree with this. Plus it’s bad policy and not popular with the mainstream. It might cost some of them in the polls. 

Republicans at their best.

Don't want to help anyone........for any reason.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

It never costs them in the polls. It’s certain members of the GOP (primarily freedom caucus) that want to eliminate social security and Medicare. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, concha said:

Freedom for those forced to pay for a Ponzi scheme that will be bankrupt by 2032 and whose "lock box" has been looted and is filled with nothing but Dumb & Dumber IOUs?

dumb-and-dumber-iou.gif

S.S. is a Ponzi scheme and giving money to Ukraine is bad...what a 🤡

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

what’s your thoughts on the Fla GOP leg. proposal to have bloggers register with the state and disclose who sources their blog? you for that too Bull?  Which constitutional right you think that supports?   🤔 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, World Citizen said:

%7B
THE ANSWER

Yes, the Biden administration stopped an executive order issued by President Trump that intended to make insulin more affordable, but the order would have only helped low-income patients at select clinics.

WHAT WE FOUND

On July 24, 2020, President Trump signed Executive Order 13937. The stated goal was to make insulin and EpiPens more affordable.

There’s debate about what sort of impact it would have had, but there’s no way to know for sure because it never actually went into effect. Here’s why.

Executive orders don’t typically go into effect immediately. The federal departments involved first have to write up a plan to execute them, called a rule. Trump’s Department of Health and Human Services finalized an insulin rule on Dec. 23, 2020, and scheduled it to take effect Jan. 22, 2021.

But President Biden took office on Jan. 20. His administration issued a freeze on the rule – and several others that were still pending – so his administration could look it over before letting it take effect. This is common practice when a new president takes office.

After a months-long review process, the Biden administration decided to rescind the rule, preventing it from going into effect.

As for the claim that Trump’s order would have lowered insulin prices, that’s true, but only for low-income patients of Federally Qualified Health Centers.

FQHCs are community clinics that receive government funding to help vulnerable populations. They’re eligible for government-negotiated discounts on certain drugs, including insulin.

Trump’s order would have prevented FQHCs from charging patients within certain income brackets – those making less than 350% of the federal poverty line – more for insulin than the discounted price paid by the clinic, plus a small administrative fee.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, World Citizen said:

HEALTH CARE

Trump slashes cost of insulin for Medicare enrollees to $35 a month

By Ebony Bowden

May 26, 2020 | 1:27pm

poster.jpg

WASHINGTON — President Trump on Tuesday will announce a prescription plan drastically reducing the cost of insulin for American seniors who rely on Medicare.

The deal struck with the nation’s insulin manufacturers and health care providers will limit the co-pay for a month’s supply of insulin to $35 — a 66 percent reduction to current costs, White House counselor Kellyanne Conway said.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, concha said:

Freedom for those forced to pay for a Ponzi scheme that will be bankrupt by 2032 and whose "lock box" has been looted and is filled with nothing but Dumb & Dumber IOUs?

dumb-and-dumber-iou.gif

Then give me everything I paid in back

That way if my future gets fucked itll be entirely my fault... 

They want Social Security gutted and gone.... 

Then give me and the people who have paid anything in back our money.... 

But we know that wont happen... 

We'll get some "its going to be used to better support America" type excuse which is just slang for "We took your money you paid in and pocketed it and funneled it to other shady investments" 

Anything to keep from having to give it back.... 

In an attempt to privatize everything.... 

Granted I will give you this after looking into it alot of private stuff tends to have better benefits and pay outs.... 

PROBLEM 

ITS EXPENSIVE AND MOST PEOPLE CANT AFFORD IT 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1