Lime Sink Georgia Top Ten 8/20/2017

Rufus69

Georgia hasn't completely started the FUN just yet...but we did get a glimpse of some of our front runners.  Here's where The Gospel is...this Sunday morning.

1.  Grayson - previously ranked No.1 - no change - they were idle

2.  Marietta - previously ranked No.2 - no change - they beat Wheeler High 52-0

3.  Lowndes - previously ranked No.3 - no change - they beat Valdosta 45-0

4.  Cartersville - previously No.8 - up 4 places - they beat Allatoona 35-14

5.  Norcross - previously No.4 - down 1 place - they got screwed by the refs losing to Colquitt 17-20

6.  Milton - previously No.9 - up 3 places - they beat Alpharetta 31-9

7.  Buford - previously No.13 - up 6 places - they beat Hillgrove 41-17

8.  Archer - previously No.14 - up 6 places - they beat Brookwood 25-17

9.  Tucker - previously No.10 - up 1 place - they beat Kell 28-27 in OT 

10.  Brookwood - previously No.6 - down 4 places - they lost to Archer 17-25

Rufus>>

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Georgia hasn't completely started the FUN just yet...but we did get a glimpse of some of our front runners.  Here's where The Gospel is...this Sunday morning.

5.  Norcross - previously No.4 - down 1 place - they got screwed by the refs losing to Colquitt 17-20

Rufus>>

For curiosities sake...

What did you do with Colquitt? 

I dropped them 3 spots because that officiating crew doesn't travel with the team.  Seems we could probably use them next Friday. against the Cali-is-better-than-Georgie-VMBroncz.

• Like 2

Mill Creek went to No.11

McEachern dropped all the way to No.12 (I lost money on them...Smile)

Colquitt dropped to No.13.

Rome moved up to No.14.

Valdosta dropped to No.15 (holding on by a thread)

As far as next Friday night goes.....Oh Woe Is Us !!!! (I hear the stripers will be out of the ATL)

Rufus>>

2 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

As far as next Friday night goes.....Oh Woe Is Us !!!! (I hear the stripers will be out of the ATL)

Rufus>>

From Atlanta?! 

After the brow beating the refs have been taking since yesterday afternoon?!

Oh Lawd! Something's fucky!

Image result for bubbles scared

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

I have to wait to see peanuts's Top 50 in GA, but it looks good. Couple things.

I wasn't that impressed with Norcross though. Nothing I haven't seen in La.

Colquitt should be #1 or #2.....

• Haha 1

Just now, TheRealCAJ said:

I have to wait to see peanuts's Top 50 in GA, but it looks good. Couple things.

I wasn't that impressed with Norcross though. Nothing I haven't seen in La.

Colquitt should be #1 or #2.....

Amigo, I know we all have our opines...but I gotta ask ya...did you think Colquitt looked like a Top Ten team?  I would accept a ...YES...for about 30 minutes out of the 48 minute game.  We lost focus. Top Ten teams do not do that.  MAYBE...we'll see some improvement before region time arrives.

Rufus>>

4 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Amigo, I know we all have our opines...but I gotta ask ya...did you think Colquitt looked like a Top Ten team?  I would accept a ...YES...for about 30 minutes out of the 48 minute game.  We lost focus. Top Ten teams do not do that.  MAYBE...we'll see some improvement before region time arrives.

Rufus>>

It was game 1.......and, the only problem I saw with Colquitt was Rush was putting the gun on safety running the ball 12-15 times in a row..It almost cost him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

Our defense was on point and stellar. Our offense..... not so much. We have some great pieces within the offense but the coordinator needs to regroup. Why didn't Steve throw more? Was there an unspoken arm issue? Were we trying to make Norcross's safety's and corners a non issue. The ground game looked decent not great but decent. I'm proud of the effort the young line put in. I can only imagine how strong the D will be once JJ is allowed to go full throttle.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

Our defense was on point and stellar. Our offense..... not so much. We have some great pieces within the offense but the coordinator needs to regroup. Why didn't Steve throw more? Was there an unspoken arm issue? Were we trying to make Norcross's safety's and corners a non issue. The ground game looked decent not great but decent. I'm proud of the effort the young line put in. I can only imagine how strong the D will be once JJ is allowed to go full throttle.

The speed and strength on the DL was impressive. They pushed around an OL that looked to average 300 lbs, which opened up holes for our blitzing linebackers. The Norcross QB played about as well as he could under those circumstances. The defense sawrms to the ball; there is a lot of speed on that defense.

As expected, the RBs look very solid. Their production will increase as the OL's run blocking improves. We have many options in the 2 back formations, as well as the wildcat.

Hadley #44 could prove to be a valuable target at the TE position. He is athletic enough to create mismatches. He did have that drop on a would be TD, but other than that he had a good performance.

Fitzgerald has greatly improved this off season. He cost us the AHP game last year, but thats in the past. I see him winning us a game or two by way of FGs and/or his deep kickoffs (huge advantage in high school).

Krajewski showed that he can manage the Colquitt offense with confidence. He made some beautiful throws that most just don't have the ability to make by fitting the ball into tight windows with perfect placement. His WRs will have to help him out by hanging onto the ball: dropped TD costing us 4 points and a few others that would have put us in better down and distance situations. He made a bad decision on the scoop and score, but that is a relatively easy fix for the coaching staff. The first fumble was a result of a high snap that messed up the timing of the handoff; not too alarming in game 1.

As expected, the OL had trouble at times. We were average in run blocking, and struggled with the blitz. When teams begin blitzing, it is important that we execute our screen plays. With that being said, Krajewski will have to make better throws on the HB screen.

I would grade us a B+ overall. The score could just have easily been 28-3 or worse. Starting out 1-0 is a lot better than 0-1 regardless. Now its time to see them under the Friday night lights in the Hawg Pen.

The Broncos are coming across the country this weekend. Preparation starts today!

• Like 1

Theres only 3 senior starters on Colquitts offense... an OL, WR Cam Singletary, and QB Steven Krajewski.... meaning 8 of the opening day starting 11 will return next year... so question, whos the QB behind Krajewski, and is he good enough to take what will be an experienced 2018 Colquitt offense to the next level?

7 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

I SEE whatcha did thar! When Colquitt whacks Lowends, Marshal Tucker Hi, and Brookville! They kin oink like a BIG HOG!:)

7 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

For curiosities sake...

What did you do with Colquitt? 

I dropped them 3 spots because that officiating crew doesn't travel with the team.  Seems we could probably use them next Friday. against the Cali-is-better-than-Georgie-VMBroncz.

You KNOW how these FLAAAAWDA transplants HATE Colquitt!:$

7 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Mill Creek went to No.11

McEachern dropped all the way to No.12 (I lost money on them...Smile)

Colquitt dropped to No.13.

Rome moved up to No.14.

Valdosta dropped to No.15 (holding on by a thread)

Rufus>>

You just ranked Valdookie, cause you're tryin to stay in good graces, with the RADIO CREW in DEATH VALLEY!

7 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

From Atlanta?! 

After the brow beating the refs have been taking since yesterday afternoon?!

Oh Lawd! Something's fucky!

Image result for bubbles scared

YOU sir, cain't USE that type language on a 'G' rated website! There ARE after all, many chillern from Cali and Jersey on this site, who view yor rantings! I think I'm going to hafta report you to the MODERATOR!>:(

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

For about twelve minutes, they looked like the 2017 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! For the next 30 minutes, they looked like the KEYSTONE COPS! THANKFULLY, they awakened JIST in time to steal anothern!:D

By the BY, as for top ten teams not losing focus! Did you happen to see the second half of the 2015 Colquitt game with the high school from HELL? I believe that we was outscored by a CHUNK but SURVIVED!

2 hours ago, 94Packer said:

According to the 11 ALIVE pundits, Nocross has the best secondary in the state!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

For the style they play, they looked good. Even after norcross got them on their heels, they found a way to win. 

What do you MEAN, for the style they play? That style has set the GHSA big school scoring record TWICE, in two years running! 700 plus points in Georgia against our quality of competition, is a FRICKIN TON!