Some California news

Ararar

On 8/20/2017 at 4:37 PM, Griff said:

You just named 17 counties. The vast majority of MD and Bosco kids come from 2 counties....LA, OC, and they get a handful from Riverside and San Bernardino.

But such is the life of private school football. They can grab kids from anywhere and they do.

FULL DISCLOSURE! There are MAYbe 1,000,000 people TOTAL, below Macon, Ga.! And Savannah has 280,000 of that total! Conversely, Gwinnett County has 900,000! And 5A Buford alone, recruits from that county, plus the 400,000 in Fulton, the 200,000 in Forsyth, the 150,000 in Hall, and the 30,000 in Barrow counties! The counties I named have one high school, with the exception of Thomas, Dougherty, and Lowndes, that have seven total! My assertion was for Colquitt to get a mere 34 transfers total from those areas! And they could beat ANYBODY in Cali, Texas, Jersey or Florida! Did you not see the blurb on Thomas county? THAT was aired in 1993! They have produced MANY, MANY studs since that time! And many state championship teams! Thomas Co, Central alone, has won the state title in 1992, 1994, 1996, and 1997, since that program aired!

Brooks county has had a stud DT who played for Super Bowl Champion New England! Tift has had a Center who played for the Cowboys! Albany high schools have produced two of the fastest players in NFL HISTORY(Deon Branch and Alexander Wright) Plus Lionel James of Chargers fame! Cairo produced Bill Stanfill and Bobby Walden! And so on, and so on, and so on!

14 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

They look prepared to give up 35+ per game... to any team with a pulse that is. 😉

I don't think they really care if they give up 35+ as long as their O. scores 40+. Every year it's the same thing, the defense looks bad and the offense scores tons of points. They'll hang 50+ on Pittsburg and may give up 30 as they rest players and get ready for IMG the following week.  

1 hour ago, 1DayPGA said:

I don't think they really care if they give up 35+ as long as their O. scores 40+. Every year it's the same thing, the defense looks bad and the offense scores tons of points. They'll hang 50+ on Pittsburg and may give up 30 as they rest players and get ready for IMG the following week.  

And then they give up 40+ when it matters. It's not a philosophy tailored for winning championships.

Its flashy and cute, but the trophy case is bare.

35 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

And then they give up 40+ when it matters. It's not a philosophy tailored for winning championships.

Its flashy and cute, but the trophy case is bare.

I agree, it's like they say defense wins championships. Thou they have had success by trying to put up more points then their opponent. Last year they lost 2 games by a total of 3 points and that was to IMG and SJB. That's not too shabby. Fwiw, their trophy case is not totally bare. They did win a state championship back in 2008 over DLS.  Perhaps they may play better against IMG this year since they don't have to play Chandler the week before like they had to last year.  

6 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

A friend's kid who now plays rugby at Cal (and his dad is a Friar gridiron legend) played for both Corona Del Mar and JSerra and he said even back then (3-4 years ago) that there was a huge difference in the level of play and athletes on those teams

JSerra may have gotten better but I think O'Shea is making much ado about nothing if now suddenly being concerned about a talent gap 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

FULL DISCLOSURE! There are MAYbe 1,000,000 people TOTAL, below Macon, Ga.! And Savannah has 280,000 of that total! Conversely, Gwinnett County has 900,000! And 5A Buford alone, recruits from that county, plus the 400,000 in Fulton, the 200,000 in Forsyth, the 150,000 in Hall, and the 30,000 in Barrow counties! The counties I named have one high school, with the exception of Thomas, Dougherty, and Lowndes, that have seven total! My assertion was for Colquitt to get a mere 34 transfers total from those areas! And they could beat ANYBODY in Cali, Texas, Jersey or Florida! Did you not see the blurb on Thomas county? THAT was aired in 1993! They have produced MANY, MANY studs since that time! And many state championship teams! Thomas Co, Central alone, has won the state title in 1992, 1994, 1996, and 1997, since that program aired!

Brooks county has had a stud DT who played for Super Bowl Champion New England! Tift has had a Center who played for the Cowboys! Albany high schools have produced two of the fastest players in NFL HISTORY(Deon Branch and Alexander Wright) Plus Lionel James of Chargers fame! Cairo produced Bill Stanfill and Bobby Walden! And so on, and so on, and so on!

WHo who who who and WHO?????????