Herald N/S Divisional Rankings (Eastern Mass.)

Adam Kurkjian

Read a story about 3. Walpole (6-5) awhile back...(aka Walpole Rebels)

Evidently they had to change their mascot and do away with the Rebel flags and stuff.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/letters/2015/07/25/there-solution-walpole-controversy-rename-rebels/vYi3xVWv0b392VyEac0wRM/story.html

Really has nothing to do with the polls you posted, but it reminded of the story when I saw Walpole......may have been on the national news too, not sure.

walpole high school rebels 480.jpg

wiggs_Flag_397446[1].jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Read a story about 3. Walpole (6-5) awhile back...(aka Walpole Rebels)

Evidently they had to change their mascot and do away with the Rebel flags and stuff.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/letters/2015/07/25/there-solution-walpole-controversy-rename-rebels/vYi3xVWv0b392VyEac0wRM/story.html

Really has nothing to do with the polls you posted, but it reminded of the story when I saw Walpole......may have been on the national news too, not sure.

walpole high school rebels 480.jpg

wiggs_Flag_397446[1].jpg

Yeah, was a huge thing for a very long time. They had to make announcements before games about the guy not being affiliated with the school.

i know a lot of coaches and people from Walpole. Covered the town for years. They've had some great teams. Their field hockey program, believe it or not, has been one of the best in the nation for decades.

1 hour ago, Coletrain06 said:

I liked Everett last year. How they looking in comparison 

Very good. Easy top team in the state (until further notice).

Lost a D1 qb to graduation but the backup, a junior who hasn't played since he was a freshman, has already picked up a 1aa offer.

They have three 1a offered kids (two juniors and a senior) with another on the way likely by the end of this year. The most highly rated kid is Lewis Cine, a safety, who is a junior and is very fast and physical.

There a bunch more kids with 1aa offers.

They are overflowing with skill talent but have to replace a lot on both lines. That would be more of a concern in some years, but they are so good everywhere else that I doubt they lose a game.

We tried like crazy to fill their open date (sept 28/29 weekend) but no dice. Most teams here won't play them. They've even had teams bail on scrimmaging them.

GSB nearly had a good OOS game lined up that fell through because of $$ (they're a city school). There was another OOS game that was perfect because it was not that far away and very doable. Everett reached out, the other school's AD said 'OK, let me run it by the coach,' and Everett never heard back.

It's too bad because they have 788 wins (the maxpreps # is off) and if they had that date filled and ran the table they'd hit 800 at Gillette (max number of games for a d1 team here is 12 but others by virtue of how the playoff system is set up can get to 13 ... don't get me started...).

Looking forward to seeing them in person to get a better idea of what they have. But I'd be shocked if there were a better team in New England.

(although there are a few in Conn. and RI that I would like to see them match up against)

• Like 1