All 3 backup Qbs have transferred from Alabama

HSFBfan

Barnett, Cornwell, Bateman are all gone. Jalen Hurts is the only scholarship QB left on the roster.

Pretty much speaks to the ability of this kid when the other QBs realize that they are never gonna play.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/alabama-quarterback-transfer-cooper-bateman-david-cornwell-blake-barnett-arizona-state-120716

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

More reason to choose a school based on academics rather than football program. With degrees from schools like Vandy, Stanford, ND, Duke, Northwestern, Michigan, UNC, etc, there's no need to worry about playing time. One's life is set regardless. 

They came to Bama to play. Bateman was never that good and i knew that he was never gonna play there. One kid transferred to Arizona St. Im sure hell get playing time there. All those schools you mentioned outside of Michigan will never have a shot at winning a national title and as a fan thats the only thing that matters to me. These kids im guessing their dreams are the NFL. Jalen Hurts is just a beast. Now lets see who they hire as an OC. I really hope it doesnt hurt Hurts development. 

12 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

If a players main goal is a college Natty Chip or to play in the NFL, I then blame his parent(s). The odds are extremely low for either. 

But you gotta take that chance. Can always go back for your education at any point in your life. 1 year in the NFL will make you 800k 

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

$800k less taxes spread out between the ages of 25-75 is only about $10k per year. Get it? 

Yes i got that. But what i was headed towards was taking that money and you can afford to finish your degree or whatever the case may be

The system stinks. Its not the kids fault. Your allowed to leave college football after 3 years. You can leave college basketball after one year. If you have the talent you have to go for the NFL NBA etc. If that fails go finish your education. Larry Fitzgerald did that exact route

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

$800k less taxes spread out between the ages of 25-75 is only about $10k per year. Get it? 

Having a pot of cash to start life is not at all the same as having an annuity that pays $10,000.

Take that $800k,  invest it. At a mere 10% to get $80,000 a year for life. 

Let's say your a boob, blow half of it and only get %5 back became you are dumb. That is still $20,000 a year.... for life. 

Don't discount the importance of having cash when young. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You keep making my point. Larry Fitzgerald attended Valley Forge Military Academy. If things didn't work for him w football, he was already on a path to success by graduating from there. IMO that's less likely to happen if he goes to his public HS in Minneapolis.  

He didnt graduate tho from Pitt. He left for the NFL. He got his degree from the University Of Phoenix later in life. You can go to any school. And if you have a shot at the professional league go for it.

Kaminsky from SJR doesnt have any college. Signed to go play professional baseball. When his career is over he can go back to school

17 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Heres the rankings for education for the SEC schools

Alabama: 103

Vandy #15

MSU #176

Ole Miss #135

Florida #50

Georgia #56

Tennessee #103

South Carolina #107

A&M #74

LSU #135

Kentucky #133

Pretty much every school in the top 150. And 4 in the top 100 isnt too shabby

I'm, not sure where these rankings are from. The Wall Street Journal recently published academic rankings for the schools in the power 5 conferences. The Big 12 was the worst of the 5.  http://www.wsj.com/articles/college-rankings-football-vs-academics-1476293728

Here is the SEC.

SEC

Average Academic Rank: 283

Vanderbilt often looks out of place in the juggernaut Southeastern Conference, winning just 25.3% of its league games since 2006. But there’s another reason the Commodores don’t quite fit in: In a league with an average college rank of 283—the second worst of the five major conferences—they rank 21st nationally. Alabama, the sport’s supreme super power, ranks 398th in the WSJ/THE ranking, tied with Montclair State, Canisius College and Norwich University. Call the paramedics if these schools try to break the tie by challenging the Crimson Tide to a game of football.

The SEC Ranking

Show10Allentries
Search:
College WSJ/THE College Rank Conf. Win % (Since 2006)
Vanderbilt 21 .253
Florida 56 .687
Texas A&M 80 .583
Georgia 245 .655
Tennessee 253 .422
South Carolina 256 .482
Auburn 273 .518
Ole Miss 325 .366
Missouri 325 .500
Kentucky 380 .262
Alabama 398 .783
Arkansas 427 .451
LSU 441 .675
Mississippi State 487 .410

11 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I'm, not sure where these rankings are from. The Wall Street Journal recently published academic rankings for the schools in the power 5 conferences. The Big 12 was the worst of the 5.  http://www.wsj.com/articles/college-rankings-football-vs-academics-1476293728

Here is the SEC.

SEC

Average Academic Rank: 283

Vanderbilt often looks out of place in the juggernaut Southeastern Conference, winning just 25.3% of its league games since 2006. But there’s another reason the Commodores don’t quite fit in: In a league with an average college rank of 283—the second worst of the five major conferences—they rank 21st nationally. Alabama, the sport’s supreme super power, ranks 398th in the WSJ/THE ranking, tied with Montclair State, Canisius College and Norwich University. Call the paramedics if these schools try to break the tie by challenging the Crimson Tide to a game of football.

The SEC Ranking

Show10Allentries
Search:
College WSJ/THE College Rank Conf. Win % (Since 2006)
Vanderbilt 21 .253
Florida 56 .687
Texas A&M 80 .583
Georgia 245 .655
Tennessee 253 .422
South Carolina 256 .482
Auburn 273 .518
Ole Miss 325 .366
Missouri 325 .500
Kentucky 380 .262
Alabama 398 .783
Arkansas 427 .451
LSU 441 .675
Mississippi State 487 .410

This is were i got the info from

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges

US News and World Report which is usually a very respectable publication of rankings

5 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Don Bosco is the #34 best private in NJ.

NJ Private High School Rank

I don't even see Bergen Catholic in the Top 100.

PC at #77 or so.

The methodology is terrible. It fails to factor in, what we call,  extracurricular activities of any kind. 

A case can be made that they are as important or even more important straight academics. Then we have the problem of standardized test scores. . (I personally think SAT scores are completely misinterpreted and should be abolished)  

It fails to even attempt to measure a child's full development at said institution. 

I appreciate you taking your the time to support your opinion but to me, it's meaningless.

I would say, if anyone thinks that attending Don Bosco is not apt to yield the optimum results expected from high school, don't go there. 

I am sure I could construct a methodology that would attempt to gauge a child's full development in 4 years at a high school that would put Bosco near or likely,  at the top. 

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

The methodology is terrible. It fails to factor in, what we call,  extracurricular activities of any kind. 

A case can be made that they are as important or even more important straight academics. Then we have the problem of standardized test scores. . (I personally think SAT scores are completely misinterpreted and should be abolished)  

It fails to even attempt to measure a child's full development at said institution. 

I appreciate you taking your the time to support your opinion but to me, it's meaningless.

I would say, if anyone thinks that attending Don Bosco is not apt to yield the optimum results expected from high school, don't go there. 

I am sure I could construct a methodology that would attempt to gauge a child's full development in 4 years at a high school that would put Bosco near or likely,  at the top. 

It's better than anything you could possibly come up with.

Of course, you can always try.

I'm afraid it would be similar to calpreps.