GOW: No. 3 SJB, 3 vs. No. 5 STA, 9 F OT

PrepGridiron

Who Will Win?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins when SJB travels to STA on 8/25.

• St. John Bosco Braves
    • St. Thomas Aquinas Raiders
    • S. Florida Rain

9 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Prolly bout 3 hours ago....;)

You are always well stocked -- Whatcha got in the fridge for this one Cossacks?  You know it's real when 1dayPGA is breaking out the Pliney's.

I've not yet decided, but as I will be coming off the golf course about half hour before kickoff, I'm leaning toward a summer blend - Maybe a Pelican out of Tillamook Ore, that I discovered last week, or an Allagash White out of Maine.  Allagash has a tripel, so the alcohol content of that one will match the magnitude of the game...You'll get a full report in the game thread (cuz beer talk is legal on the main forum B|).

Love the Allagash White! Local bar serves it on draft, but I don't know where to buy it to take home. I'm still saving my big 10 dollar beer that I bought a few weeks ago. 

Ommegang The Three Philosophers

illustration

Against the advice of some of the New York locals that it wasn't that special etc., I saved it for my opening weekend tasting. Hopefully I'll be drinking it in celebration and not to lose my tears into. xD

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Prolly bout 3 hours ago....;)

You are always well stocked -- Whatcha got in the fridge for this one Cossacks?  You know it's real when 1dayPGA is breaking out the Pliney's.

I've not yet decided, but as I will be coming off the golf course about half hour before kickoff, I'm leaning toward a summer blend - Maybe a Pelican out of Tillamook Ore, that I discovered last week, or an Allagash White out of Maine.  Allagash has a tripel, so the alcohol content of that one will match the magnitude of the game...You'll get a full report in the game thread (cuz beer talk is legal on the main forum B|).

I know I'm gonna go Belgian Ale with a few of these for sure. 

IMG_1621.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bestcoast said:

I think SJB wins. Cali plays the most physical football in the world. I've seen it first hand. They are some tough dudes!

i have to jump in the shower now after my after work surf.

living the dream!!

Was just in Carlsbad and Oceanside. Didn't bring my board so I didn't get wet, and I was wishing. Had some good surf yesterday here in Cocoa Beach. Little overhead rollers with a slight offshore. Had a good time. Still in the water at 65, and riding my 6'6" pintail. Stay in the water and stay fit.

Life can be fun if you want it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bestcoast said:

Ga are the soft ones. That's why they schedule there number 1 team to play Cali's number 35 team. 

I don't think VM is that high

and CQ not #1 in GA -- all of GA's top teams are playing Intl School of Broward, the worst team in FL, as their marquee OOS game

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

I don't think VM is that high

and CQ not #1 in GA -- all of GA's top teams are playing Intl School of Broward, the worst team in FL, as their marquee OOS game

1. Cartersville, one of our top teams, isn't playing ISB.

2. Since you have it all figured out, tell us who the top Georgia teams are.

9 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

1. Cartersville, one of our top teams, isn't playing ISB.

2. Since you have it all figured out, tell us who the top Georgia teams are.

Lowndes, grayson and Buford all playing ISB

in CA terms, that would be akin to SJB, MD, and CC all scheduling a NorCal game and choosing Livermore (and i'm afraid that's not fair to Livermore)

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

Lowndes, grayson and Buford all playing ISB

in CA terms, that would be akin to SJB, MD, and CC all scheduling a NorCal game and choosing Livermore (and i'm afraid that's not fair to Livermore)

It's unprecedented in the history of high school football that a state would have their powerhouses schedule an 0-19 team with 150 kids in the school. 

There are Deaf schools in the country ranked higher and would roll ISB. 

Imagine if SJB and Mater Dei scheduled the California School for the Deaf. 

• Thanks 1