California Southern Section coaches don't think much of VM

Ararar

6 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Pre season coaches poll of Top 10 in each division..I 👀 For VM but couldn't find them 🤷🏼‍♂️

http://cifss.org/sports/football-11/polls/

This is getting about as bad as ECHS's Calpreps post. we all get it Calpreps isnt good and VM isnt good wtf more do you want.  My money? 

My girlfriend? My car keys?  WHAT?!

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

This is getting about as bad as ECHS's Calpreps post. we all get it Calpreps isnt good and VM isnt good wtf more do you want.  My money? 

My girlfriend? My car keys?  WHAT?!

I don't want anything.I have my super power ....Truth 😇

4 minutes ago, Bestcoast said:

I bet the Ga media refers to VM as California power house

wrong. outlets that have done a report on VM have called them a good team but not a California power.  

3 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Let's be glad the coaches didn't think highly of VM, because if they did, Rush would have never signed up.

AHP disagrees.

3 hours ago, Ararar said:

Pre season coaches poll of Top 10 in each division..I 👀 For VM but couldn't find them 🤷🏼‍♂️

Must be one a dem thangs that make ya wanna go HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Interesting that they would fly across the country for a FRIDAY game on opening night! And would leave on WEDNESDAY, if they didn't think that they were pretty dang good!

3 hours ago, Ararar said:

It's funny as shit to me! How Cali always does this damage control just in case! LETS SEE, Vista ain't ranked in the top ten of thirteen conferences in SOCAL! They could be #11 in a conference, from an area of some 700 schools!xD

5 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

To find out, why don'tcha get the left wing whacko moderator, to post the offerings from the Moultrie Disturber! I've run outta my five freebie articles for the month!

How about a fresh offering from our great, great "retired" sportswriter...

http://www.moultrieobserver.com/news/ga_fl_news/vista-murrieta-here-come-the-broncos-from-california-to-moultrie/article_065d509a-86c9-11e7-90d2-27078188fc6c.html

Vista Murrieta: Here come the Broncos from California to Moultrie

• By Wayne Grandy
  •  
    • 3 hrs ago
    •  
      •  

Merritt on the sack

Brian Merritt (60), Packer junior defensive end, gets one of his two solo sacks on Norcross quarterback Louis Williams Saturday at Georgia State Stadium.

Alan Cortez

MOULTRIE – For the fifth year in a row, Colquitt County will face an out-of-state team in its second game of the season when Vista Murrieta High of Murrieta, Calif., visits Tom White Field at Mack Tharpe Stadium at 8 p.m. Friday.

It will be a rubber game of sorts after Colquitt has split the previous four of those games. The Packers lost to Hoover 24-10 in Alabama in 2013, but rebounded to beat the Bucs 35-14 in Moultrie the following year.

Plant High School of Tampa, Fla., visited in 2015 and the Packers had their way, winning 42-8.

Last year, a fine American Heritage High came up from Plantation, Fla., and escaped with a 17-14 victory.

Vista Murrieta obviously will have quite a bit farther to travel than did Hoover, Plant or American Heritage.

Murrieta, which is about 80 miles southeast of Los Angeles, is some 2,270 miles from Moultrie.

Packers coach Rush Propst said the Broncos are planning to fly to Atlanta on Thursday and have a walk-through there before spending the night and busing to Moultrie on Friday.

The next day, coach David Olson will take his team back to Atlanta, where they will watch the Arizona Cardinals-Atlanta Falcons preseason game at Mercedes-Benz Stadium before returning to California on Sunday.

Propst is hoping Vista Murrieta’s long flight and having to deal with the south Georgia heat and humidity will give his young team an advantage as it tries to go 2-0 after a season-opening 20-17 victory over Norcross on Saturday in Atlanta.

The Broncos are expected to be a worthy adversary for a Packers team that took only 14 seniors to Atlanta to play Norcross.

Vista Murrieta went 9-3 last year under Olson, but between 2004-2015, the program posted a 132-25 record under Coley Candaele, winning a section title in 2011 and played for the championship six other times.

In 2011, the Broncos forfeited five non-league games because of an ineligible player, but also won nine games in a row, including a 35-28 victory over Corona Centennial to win the Inland Division Championship.

Candaele was the only head coach the program had before turning the reins over to Olson last year. The Broncos were ranked No. 21 in the state at the end of last season and head into 2017 ranked No. 27.

Propst said Vista Murrieta has a wealth of skill players, led by 6-foot-1, 175-pound senior receiver Khalil Shakir, ranked as a 4-star prospect by ESPN. He has Division I offers from Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, UCLA and Washington State.

Shakir is one of six offensive starters returning. Also back is senior running back De’vion Sneed and 240-pound offensive tackle Tavis Shippen.

Sophomore quarterback Robert Coleman will be making his first career start.

The Broncos defense, which has five starters back, counts on junior middle linebacker Jake Martinez, senior outside linebacker Travis Plantier, senior defensive end Metoriah Faoliu and senior free safety Cole Worthy.

Cornerback Elisha Guidry is a 3-star recruit who has offers from Northwestern, Oregon State, San Jose State, Washington State and Yale.

Some other tidbits about Vista Murrieta. It’s enrollment is rounded out to 3,350 but a football roster rounded out to 40. The school’s first class of seniors graduated in 2006.

PACKERS NOTES: The Packers remained No. 2 in Class 7A according to the Georgia High School Football Daily after their win over Norcross.

Grayson, which was off last weekend, is still No. 1, but will be home to face Hoover (Ala.) on Friday.

The Corky Kell Classic was tough on two ranked teams, both of whom the Packers will play later this season.

Roswell, ranked No. 3, is out of the poll after falling to South Forsyth 17-14 in overtime.

Brookwood, which opened at No. 6, also is gone after losing to Archer 25-17.

Archer climbs into the poll at No. 8. North Cobb, which opened with a 44-6 win over Cherokee, joins the top 10 at No. 7.

After its 45-0 win over Valdosta, Lowndes moves up from No. 4 to No. 3 in Class 7A.

Valdosta drops from No. 2 to No. 9 in Class 6A.

Speaking of 6A, no Kell Classic finish was more thrilling than Game 1 Saturday where No. 1 Tucker – an upcoming Colquitt foe – defeated Kell in overtime 28-27.

Joshua Vann caught both the game-tying and game-winning touchdown passes from Travon Ford. Tucker tied the game 21-21 with 53 seconds remaining when Ford heaved a pass over the middle to Vann.

In overtime, Vann’s touchdown catch was for 15 yards, and the Tigers blocked Kell’s PAT kick when the Longhorns scored on its possession.

Vann, who had 157 receiving yards, reportedly wishes to join ex-Packer Keil Pollard as he committed to South Carolina.

Junior Ryan Fitzgerald hit both of his field goal attempts, both of his extra point attempts and put all five of his kickoffs into the end zone against Norcross.

“Dog” linebacker Camari Louis led the Packers with four solo and three assisted tackles. Middle linebacker Marcus Anderson had four solos and two assists, including one sack.

Junior defensive end Brian Merritt was credited with 2½ of the Packers’ six sacks of Norcross quarterback Louis Williams. The other half of that sack went to Callon Kubiak. Other sacks were by linemen Michael Roberts and Kyante Rivers.

The Packers held the Blue Devils to just 122 yards of total offense, including minus-12 net yards rushing.

• Thanks 2

Just now, PrepGridiron said:

That's probably acccurate though

Yes. We don't do that #fakenews stuff down here in MoTown. 

Well...

Unless you consider that being accurate can possibly also be misleading. 

Who thought that facts and accuracy can also be misleading and therefore labels it "fake"? 

Don't say it. This thread is too good to move to the other forum. xD

36 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

How about a fresh offering from our great, great "retired" sportswriter...

http://www.moultrieobserver.com/news/ga_fl_news/vista-murrieta-here-come-the-broncos-from-california-to-moultrie/article_065d509a-86c9-11e7-90d2-27078188fc6c.html

Vista Murrieta: Here come the Broncos from California to Moultrie

• By Wayne Grandy
  •  
    • 3 hrs ago
    •  
      •  

Merritt on the sack

Brian Merritt (60), Packer junior defensive end, gets one of his two solo sacks on Norcross quarterback Louis Williams Saturday at Georgia State Stadium.

Alan Cortez

MOULTRIE – For the fifth year in a row, Colquitt County will face an out-of-state team in its second game of the season when Vista Murrieta High of Murrieta, Calif., visits Tom White Field at Mack Tharpe Stadium at 8 p.m. Friday.

It will be a rubber game of sorts after Colquitt has split the previous four of those games. The Packers lost to Hoover 24-10 in Alabama in 2013, but rebounded to beat the Bucs 35-14 in Moultrie the following year.

Plant High School of Tampa, Fla., visited in 2015 and the Packers had their way, winning 42-8.

Last year, a fine American Heritage High came up from Plantation, Fla., and escaped with a 17-14 victory.

Vista Murrieta obviously will have quite a bit farther to travel than did Hoover, Plant or American Heritage.

Murrieta, which is about 80 miles southeast of Los Angeles, is some 2,270 miles from Moultrie.

Packers coach Rush Propst said the Broncos are planning to fly to Atlanta on Thursday and have a walk-through there before spending the night and busing to Moultrie on Friday.

The next day, coach David Olson will take his team back to Atlanta, where they will watch the Arizona Cardinals-Atlanta Falcons preseason game at Mercedes-Benz Stadium before returning to California on Sunday.

Propst is hoping Vista Murrieta’s long flight and having to deal with the south Georgia heat and humidity will give his young team an advantage as it tries to go 2-0 after a season-opening 20-17 victory over Norcross on Saturday in Atlanta.

The Broncos are expected to be a worthy adversary for a Packers team that took only 14 seniors to Atlanta to play Norcross.

Vista Murrieta went 9-3 last year under Olson, but between 2004-2015, the program posted a 132-25 record under Coley Candaele, winning a section title in 2011 and played for the championship six other times.

In 2011, the Broncos forfeited five non-league games because of an ineligible player, but also won nine games in a row, including a 35-28 victory over Corona Centennial to win the Inland Division Championship.

Candaele was the only head coach the program had before turning the reins over to Olson last year. The Broncos were ranked No. 21 in the state at the end of last season and head into 2017 ranked No. 27.

Propst said Vista Murrieta has a wealth of skill players, led by 6-foot-1, 175-pound senior receiver Khalil Shakir, ranked as a 4-star prospect by ESPN. He has Division I offers from Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, UCLA and Washington State.

Shakir is one of six offensive starters returning. Also back is senior running back De’vion Sneed and 240-pound offensive tackle Tavis Shippen.

Sophomore quarterback Robert Coleman will be making his first career start.

The Broncos defense, which has five starters back, counts on junior middle linebacker Jake Martinez, senior outside linebacker Travis Plantier, senior defensive end Metoriah Faoliu and senior free safety Cole Worthy.

Cornerback Elisha Guidry is a 3-star recruit who has offers from Northwestern, Oregon State, San Jose State, Washington State and Yale.

Some other tidbits about Vista Murrieta. It’s enrollment is rounded out to 3,350 but a football roster rounded out to 40. The school’s first class of seniors graduated in 2006.

PACKERS NOTES: The Packers remained No. 2 in Class 7A according to the Georgia High School Football Daily after their win over Norcross.

Grayson, which was off last weekend, is still No. 1, but will be home to face Hoover (Ala.) on Friday.

The Corky Kell Classic was tough on two ranked teams, both of whom the Packers will play later this season.

Roswell, ranked No. 3, is out of the poll after falling to South Forsyth 17-14 in overtime.

Brookwood, which opened at No. 6, also is gone after losing to Archer 25-17.

Archer climbs into the poll at No. 8. North Cobb, which opened with a 44-6 win over Cherokee, joins the top 10 at No. 7.

After its 45-0 win over Valdosta, Lowndes moves up from No. 4 to No. 3 in Class 7A.

Valdosta drops from No. 2 to No. 9 in Class 6A.

Speaking of 6A, no Kell Classic finish was more thrilling than Game 1 Saturday where No. 1 Tucker – an upcoming Colquitt foe – defeated Kell in overtime 28-27.

Joshua Vann caught both the game-tying and game-winning touchdown passes from Travon Ford. Tucker tied the game 21-21 with 53 seconds remaining when Ford heaved a pass over the middle to Vann.

In overtime, Vann’s touchdown catch was for 15 yards, and the Tigers blocked Kell’s PAT kick when the Longhorns scored on its possession.

Vann, who had 157 receiving yards, reportedly wishes to join ex-Packer Keil Pollard as he committed to South Carolina.

Junior Ryan Fitzgerald hit both of his field goal attempts, both of his extra point attempts and put all five of his kickoffs into the end zone against Norcross.

“Dog” linebacker Camari Louis led the Packers with four solo and three assisted tackles. Middle linebacker Marcus Anderson had four solos and two assists, including one sack.

Junior defensive end Brian Merritt was credited with 2½ of the Packers’ six sacks of Norcross quarterback Louis Williams. The other half of that sack went to Callon Kubiak. Other sacks were by linemen Michael Roberts and Kyante Rivers.

The Packers held the Blue Devils to just 122 yards of total offense, including minus-12 net yards rushing.

So a Cali high school football team gets to step foot into the new stadium before one of our own? I guess that will serve as their silver lining of the entire weekend. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

So a Cali high school football team gets to step foot into the new stadium before one of our own? I guess that will serve as their silver lining of the entire weekend. 

It's smart stuff man. If you are making a trip, make the MAKE THE TRIP. 

Not sure how they had to sell this trip to their school board either, but maybe they had to add some "educational value" to it. It will be a two fold experience... See real NFL stadium, see real HSFB stadium, learn about real HSFB. Welcome to Georgia, guys! 

51 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's smart stuff man. If you are making a trip, make the MAKE THE TRIP. 

Not sure how they had to sell this trip to their school board either, but maybe they had to add some "educational value" to it. It will be a two fold experience... See real NFL stadium, see real HSFB stadium, learn about real HSFB. Welcome to Georgia, guys! 

I wont be in town for it....