Ohio Week 1 Predictions/Discussion

Coletrain06

8 hours ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

Good post.

I was impressed with the QB last year in the Ed's game. Some highly-rated guys don't always live up to the hype in games like that, but he can really play.

Wayne is no pushover, but I think this will be a fairly even matchup.

This should be a high scoring game, I will be there personally and PR has almost sold all 6 thousand tickets. Atmosphere should be electric. 

4 hours ago, 954gator said:

What position will Burns play? (Miami transfer) 

Burns will play CB, return kicks and probably play some WR occasionally. They have one of the top CB's in PA (Kenny white) on one side and then burns who is a D1 recruit, add in two returning starters at safety and I think this secondary could give Wayne some issues. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

They could lose 5 or 6 and possibly win state.

No they will not be ranked in the Top 10 if that happens

This years StX team will not lose 5 or 6 games and possibly win state.  Last years performance, 5-5 reg. season...and winning 5 playoff games against the likes of Colerain, Pick Central,  St. Ignatius and others (3 of the games in OT) probably will not happen again ever in Ohio D1 play.  What they did was hard to fathom.  

Hoban 3, Ignatius 0.

Hoban picks up 30 yards on a swing pass and a personal foul tacked on 15 more. Ignatius D holds them to a FG. Iggy front seven which is entirely new is looking pretty stout. Both safeties are playing up in the box. Zero respect for Hoban's passing attack with the freshman QB. 

23 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

How will the Rain lose affect the OH rankings now?

I told everyone it was crazy to put Colerain in the top 25. I woulda had them around top 50-75. I had them at 5th in OH.

The game itself was a bit of an experiment because Colerain's QB was injured trying to play through it, with no luck,.....and when they switched QBs, they were doing good. If they would've switched sooner, probably a different outcome....

A lot more detail, but a lot of last min craziness had an impact. I'm at a bar having some brews and such, or else I would give a complete report....

• Like 2