What a weekend

whiteshoes

As I sit here putting the final touches on this weeks veiwer guide, I am struck by the fact that even with Texas, New Jersy and Louisianna still on the sidelines, this could be as good as it gets for high school football.     Not only do we have a great ESPN lineup but the national landscape is full of great matchups from coast to coast.   It ever there was a need for a guide to high school football, it is this weekend.    I will be attending the Louisville Trinity-Warren Central matchup in Indianapolis while taping the two ESPN games Friday night.    Up early Saturday morning to watch the two taped games in time to start the live viewing the remainder of the day.     In addition to ESPN, there are several regional Fox games and numerous games that are being streamed.     To end the weekend on Sunday we have an interesting matchup between Huber Heights (OH) Wayne and Gibsonia (PA) Pine-Richland.     All this and my Twins in a pennant race, it does not get any better.     What are everyone else's plans for this exciting weekend?

2 hours ago, whiteshoes said:

As I sit here putting the final touches on this weeks veiwer guide, I am struck by the fact that even with Texas, New Jersy and Louisianna still on the sidelines, this could be as good as it gets for high school football.     Not only do we have a great ESPN lineup but the national landscape is full of great matchups from coast to coast.   It ever there was a need for a guide to high school football, it is this weekend.    I will be attending the Louisville Trinity-Warren Central matchup in Indianapolis while taping the two ESPN games Friday night.    Up early Saturday morning to watch the two taped games in time to start the live viewing the remainder of the day.     In addition to ESPN, there are several regional Fox games and numerous games that are being streamed.     To end the weekend on Sunday we have an interesting matchup between Huber Heights (OH) Wayne and Gibsonia (PA) Pine-Richland.     All this and my Twins in a pennant race, it does not get any better.     What are everyone else's plans for this exciting weekend?

Some good games this weekend.......going to try to watch a few of them.

Trinity and WC should be good.

3 hours ago, whiteshoes said:

I'll be at the Trinity game as well

2 hours ago, nptb17 said:

Real BBQ at my buddy's starting at 4:00 followed by fantasy football draft starting at 5:00 leading up to the Mayweather fight.  DVR will be running strong.

Glad to see you are still with us.   Will not be coming down for the Skyline Classic this year, saving my money for a trip to Vegas to watch Gorman and De LaSalle.   Hopefully will make it next year.

54 minutes ago, whiteshoes said:

Glad to see you are still with us.   Will not be coming down for the Skyline Classic this year, saving my money for a trip to Vegas to watch Gorman and De LaSalle.   Hopefully will make it next year.

The Showdown is at a bunch of different locations this season and not UC. I'm going to go and check out one of my young cousins games.  He said he's getting at least two sacks so I have to be in the stands to watch.

3 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

The Showdown is at a bunch of different locations this season and not UC. I'm going to go and check out one of my young cousins games.  He said he's getting at least two sacks so I have to be in the stands to watch.

Yea I read something about the NCAA will not allow high schools on a FBS school field until after September 1.

8 hours ago, whiteshoes said:

After a week of GLORIOUS weather in SOWEGA! I plan to trek to the HOG PEN Friddie nite, to watch the proceedings tween Colquitt and Vista Murietta! All the while, holding my breath that that damn lightning detector don't go off a half dozen times!(It's calibrated to go off if there is lightning within THIRTY MILES) IF SO, VM MAY be missing their date with the Arizona Cardinals on Saddie! THEN, if I get back to Chateau Rab in one piece, I'll partake of the same line up as YOU ALL on Saddie!