Question for the board

HSFBfan

Well... I've been from Moultrie to Tifton for games more times than I'd like to count. It's only a half hour drive, but, it's like driving from heaven to hell. Fitting that the Tift County team has a devil for their mascot! Tifton spelled backward is Notfit. 

5 hours has been the cap thus far, but the trip around the swamp to Camden seems to take longer than the 5 hour trip to Hoover. 

I'd probably drive further for a Packers' game, but not for a team I have no real investment in, either emotional of monetarily. 

Flew to Cleveland for Mainland/ St Ed's game ( 990 miles )

Drove to Gwinnett, Ga, Mainland/ Gwin.Central  ( 460miles )

Drove to Niceville vs Mainland ( 400miles )

Drove to Springfield Rutherford High/ Mainland (Panama City area)  (350miles)

Drove to Miami's Traz Powell Staduim ( 2 times )  Central/ Mainland ( 250miles )                                                                      

Drove to Naples/ Mainland (250miles)                         

Drove to FHSAA Football Championships ( 2 times ) Tallahassee, Fl ( 250miles )

Drove to FHSAA Football Championships ( 2 times ) Miami ( 250miles)

Drove to Hollywood Chaminade High/Mainland  (245miles)

Drove to American Heritage-Plantation/Mainland (245miles)

Drove to Madison County/ Mainland game ( 205 miles )

Drove to Bradenton Manatee vs Miami Central ( 175 miles )

Drove to dozens of games ( 125-175miles ) 

Drove to Camden County, Ga vs Miami Central ( 125 miles )

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

how far would you travel for a good in state or good OOS game? 

WELL, as BIIIIIIIIIIIG Drop can attest! In 2002, I journeyed from Thomson, Jawja, to Strongsville, Ohio, and back to Parma, to see TWO OOS match ups! But, THAT was back when gas was $1.35/gal.!

I went to Wilson Hi to see Long Beach Poly in 1969! Course, I was already there!

I went to Berwick, Pa. in 1994, to see Berwick vs Glenn Mill, Pa.

I also went to Petal, Miss. to see South Panola in 2010! 

6 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well... I've been from Moultrie to Tifton for games more times than I'd like to count. It's only a half hour drive, but, it's like driving from heaven to hell. Fitting that the Tift County team has a devil for their mascot! Tifton spelled backward is Notfit. 

5 hours has been the cap thus far, but the trip around the swamp to Camden seems to take longer than the 5 hour trip to Hoover. 

I'd probably drive further for a Packers' game, but not for a team I have no real investment in, either emotional of monetarily. 

And just HOW is it, that you were able to trek from Moultrie to Mayberry RFD, in less than five hours?

9 hours ago, Fred said:

250 miles to Valdosta pulling a trailer with team supplies plus food for a big fan tailgate, 225 miles to Moultrie, 200 miles to Hoover.  Planning on 635 miles to Shreveport for the BoB in September.  All one way numbers.

Dem Texicans go further than THAT for REGION games!

8 hours ago, ORabidOne said:
17 hours ago, Fred said:

250 miles to Valdosta pulling a trailer with team supplies plus food for a big fan tailgate, 225 miles to Moultrie, 200 miles to Hoover.  Planning on 635 miles to Shreveport for the BoB in September.  All one way numbers.

Dem Texicans go further than THAT for REGION games!

That's nice.

For the right match-up I would be willing to drive up to 6 hour or 400 miles. My longest trip to date has been over 230 miles to Miami for the State Championships. I did a similar drive in the other direction to the State Championships in Tallahassee. 

I almost made the Apopka/Byrnes game in 2013, but had to back out at the last minute due to a family situation. That would have been, by far, my longest trip.