The Gospel About VM/Colquitt

Rufus69

Morning Gurus.....

Let me just start off by saying...Rush don't give a Tift about whether VM is ranked No.1... or...No.101 in California. (and it's probably closer to 101 then it is 1)  When it comes down to it...it don't make NO difference.  The Broncos will line up and fight and they won't even consider...who is ranked what.  To be honest, Colquitt expects a pretty decent game.  The Hawgs are PREPARED for a pretty decent game.  Since he's been in Moultrie...I've never known Rush to take any team lightly.  Tomorrow night will be no different.

The Broncos have some athletes.  Maybe not as many as a few years ago...but they got some ballers.  And no matter how much video you watch...Coach Olson and his staff will have a few new wrinkles for the Packers...guaranteed.  VM will take advantage of our youth...the best they can.  Personally, I think they'll move the ball early on.  How well they cope with the heat & humidity...will be a "tell" that will more than likely influence the outcome.  Don't get me wrong...It's not gonna be exceptionally hot (the game starts at 8:00 pm).  And to be totally truthful...the humidity is only gonna be somewhere near 75% (not bad for South Georgia).  The problem is...are you used to it?  Will your gills work properly?

The key to this game will be the Colquitt offense.  Cause the Blackhat defense will play for 48 minutes (more if needed).  Coach Dixon (Packer DC) and his staff have their "tusk bearing D-Men" eating raw meat.  Make no mistake...the Packer defense will...DO THEIR JOB.  Now...back to the Colquitt offense.  I'll quote you the worst thing that you can say about any group..."they have potential".  If the guys on the Go-Side of the ball can keep their focus...they can move the football.  They can put points on the board.  None of this 20 points nonsense.  Colquitt needs to put up 35+ points in this game.  If for no other reason...to help boost my confidence.  Looking back at the Norcross game...our Red Zone offense (we actually didn't have one) really was bad.  We can kick FGs with the best of them.  But I'd rather be kicking them from 50+ yards.  We need to score TDs in the Red Zone.  And to do that...we hafta maintain focus and do our jobs.

If we self-destruct on offense...and give VM the short field to work with...the game could be a LOT more interesting than we'd like.  If we can limit our mistakes...play smart and fast...we should win this game.  Colquitt has historically been a 2nd half team.  Our S&C program is second to none in high school football.  I think that's where we have the advantage.  No matter what the score is at halftime...we SHOULD pull away in the 3rd and 4th quarters.  If we don't...we'll have a lot more work to do to get ready for the rest of the season.  Our guys need to KNOW that we have more than just "potential".  They need to prove that to themselves Friday night.

I am truly looking forward to this one.  Win or lose...I'm a Hairy Hawg from South Berlin Georgia. (currently living on Amelia Island)

Packers Forever !!!!!

Lime Sink calls it....Colquitt by 14.  Say...31-17.

Rufus>>

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

This game will set Cali vs GA matchups back 20 years!!!

No Beach bum school is gonna want to tangle with the Peach State Punishers after this game. 

Surprised they're coming back for more after beating the #1 city section team IN California that wears blue and gold by the name of Crenshaw that year 

• Haha 1

Is it true that VM only has a 40 man roster?

If so we will wear them down in spite of offensive youth and woes. I figure if the Pack is up at halftime, the game gets far more difficult for VM.

Our defense is relentless, and our arrows will blot out the sun. I don't know about the rest of the Packer faithful, but HawgGoneIt, I'm calling for a shutout! 

...and my prediction for the Broncos...

unnamed.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Nah, they just realize that to play an OOS game like this, a sacrifice in numbers needs to be made in order for the financing to work out. They have some youngsters staying home who have worked real hard, but they understand not everyone gets to go all the time.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If so we will wear them down in spite of offensive youth and woes. I figure if the Pack is up at halftime, the game gets far more difficult for VM.

Our defense is relentless, and our arrows will blot out the sun. I don't know about the rest of the Packer faithful, but HawgGoneIt, I'm calling for a shutout! 

unnamed.gif

Me and "Doc" were taste-testing a new batch of Elixir about an hour ago...and he hit me up with a riddle.  I didn't answer correctly so I had to ask his wisdom.  The convo went something like this....

"Doc"....Rufus, what do Mo Dixon and Jeff Hammond have in common?

Me...(after multiple tries)...I don't know "Doc"...what do Mo and Jeff have in common?

"Doc"...Both can hold the Packer offense to 17 points.

DURN...I didn't need that on a Thursday !!!!!

Rufus>>

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

IF VM is ahead after 3 qtrs. but fades in the 4th due to heat and humidity, then its considered a win for Calif.  

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

There you go with that private school stuff. 

Nah, Vista Murrietta is a public school, part of the Murrietta Valley Unified School District, out there in the Inland Empire (IE). You familiar with the IE at all? If not, another thread has some good info for you. VM is pre-season #3 when looking at some of the schools in the IE, if you haven't heard. Public school.

28 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

IF VM is ahead after 3 qtrs. but fades in the 4th due to heat and humidity, then its considered a win for Calif.  

Sammy...not meaning to be nasty...BUT...you guys can consider it whatever you want.  We deal in "wins and losses" here in Georgia.  And I truly hope we get a win.  And I don't care if it's by 1 point or a 100.

Rufus>>

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Crenshaw raped everyone else.

Including beat a team by 5 TDs that beat Mater Dei that season.

Come on, man. You are talking about an 8-5 Mater Dei team. Next your going to tell me that that Mater Dei team beat a 5-5 SJB team. Crenshaw was ranked 20th in Calpreps to finish that season. They were exactly what I said - a mediocre national team - and if D'Anthony Thomas doesn't sit out most of the second half they might have stole that game against NG.

2 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Come on, man. You are talking about an 8-5 Mater Dei team. Next your going to tell me that that Mater Dei team beat a 5-5 SJB team. Crenshaw was ranked 20th in Calpreps to finish that season. They were exactly what I said - a mediocre national team - and if D'Anthony Thomas doesn't sit out most of the second half they might have stole that game against NG.

I would just like to point out that Colquitt was 8-5 last year.  And now we gotta take on the Monsters From Murrieta.  

Oh Woe Is Us !!!!!

Rufus>>

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

I found 2 sites with a count of 78 on both for players. 

Hmm. Ok. My eyes in the sky up yonder at Hartsfield may have gotten sidetracked by a booty walking by. I guess they could have counted 40 and then followed the booty as the other 38 cleared customs. You know California is a different country and all...

I hope they do have 78. It will be a better game if they do.

10 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Morning Gurus.....

Let me just start off by saying...Rush don't give a Tift about whether VM is ranked No.1... or...No.101 in California. (and it's probably closer to 101 then it is 1)  When it comes down to it...it don't make NO difference.  The Broncos will line up and fight and they won't even consider...who is ranked what.  To be honest, Colquitt expects a pretty decent game.  The Hawgs are PREPARED for a pretty decent game.  Since he's been in Moultrie...I've never known Rush to take any team lightly.  Tomorrow night will be no different.

The Broncos have some athletes.  Maybe not as many as a few years ago...but they got some ballers.  And no matter how much video you watch...Coach Olson and his staff will have a few new wrinkles for the Packers...guaranteed.  VM will take advantage of our youth...the best they can.  Personally, I think they'll move the ball early on.  How well they cope with the heat & humidity...will be a "tell" that will more than likely influence the outcome.  Don't get me wrong...It's not gonna be exceptionally hot (the game starts at 8:00 pm).  And to be totally truthful...the humidity is only gonna be somewhere near 75% (not bad for South Georgia).  The problem is...are you used to it?  Will your gills work properly?

The key to this game will be the Colquitt offense.  Cause the Blackhat defense will play for 48 minutes (more if needed).  Coach Dixon (Packer DC) and his staff have their "tusk bearing D-Men" eating raw meat.  Make no mistake...the Packer defense will...DO THEIR JOB.  Now...back to the Colquitt offense.  I'll quote you the worst thing that you can say about any group..."they have potential".  If the guys on the Go-Side of the ball can keep their focus...they can move the football.  They can put points on the board.  None of this 20 points nonsense.  Colquitt needs to put up 35+ points in this game.  If for no other reason...to help boost my confidence.  Looking back at the Norcross game...our Red Zone offense (we actually didn't have one) really was bad.  We can kick FGs with the best of them.  But I'd rather be kicking them from 50+ yards.  We need to score TDs in the Red Zone.  And to do that...we hafta maintain focus and do our jobs.

If we self-destruct on offense...and give VM the short field to work with...the game could be a LOT more interesting than we'd like.  If we can limit our mistakes...play smart and fast...we should win this game.  Colquitt has historically been a 2nd half team.  Our S&C program is second to none in high school football.  I think that's where we have the advantage.  No matter what the score is at halftime...we SHOULD pull away in the 3rd and 4th quarters.  If we don't...we'll have a lot more work to do to get ready for the rest of the season.  Our guys need to KNOW that we have more than just "potential".  They need to prove that to themselves Friday night.

I am truly looking forward to this one.  Win or lose...I'm a Hairy Hawg from South Berlin Georgia. (currently living on Amelia Island)

Packers Forever !!!!!

Lime Sink calls it....Colquitt by 14.  Say...31-17.

Rufus>>

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO, HERE'S the thing! We had this Red Zone issue LAST season as well! SEEMS as though we did NOTHING inside the three yard line against Valdoata OR Roswell! And had to settle for three very short FG attempts against Amuuurican Heritage! THAT being said! I think that it's clear that this team(possibly due to youth) loses focus pretty easily! THANKFULLY, they got back just enough in the forth quarter last week, to save the day! 

NOW, to Vista Murrieta! It'll be interesting to see how they handle having reportedly, only forty players on this trip! How they handle the pregame hydration issues, and how they handle the FOUR HOUR bus ride to Heaven on GAME DAY! But possibly most importantly, how their brand spanking new Sophomore QB handles the BLACK HAT D, in probably the most hostile environment his team has ever seen!O.o

As an aside, I've been watching games this week, involving the GREAT Trinity League in SOCAL! And there was CRAMPIN a PLENTY!xD 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORabidOne said:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO, HERE'S the thing! We had this Red Zone issue LAST season as well! SEEMS as though we did NOTHING inside the three yard line against Valdoata OR Roswell! And had to settle for three very short FG attempts against Amuuurican Heritage! THAT being said! I think that it's clear that this team(possibly due to youth) loses focus pretty easily! THANKFULLY, they got back just enough in the forth quarter last week, to save the day! 

NOW, to Vista Murrieta! It'll be interesting to see how they handle having reportedly, only forty players on this trip! How they handle the pregame hydration issues, and how they handle the FOUR HOUR bus ride to Heaven on GAME DAY! But possibly most importantly, how their brand spanking new Sophomore QB handles the BLACK HAT D, in probably the most hostile environment his team has ever seen!O.o

As an aside, I've been watching games this week, involving the GREAT Trinity League in SOCAL! And there was CRAMPIN a PLENTY!xD 

P...L...A...Y...-...C...A...L....L...I...N...G

It seems like the Pack stalls out in the redzone because they don't really strike from the intermediate area between the 50 and 30. 

It seems like we will never get there with Hammond. We are good for a 3rd round exit with him. I hope I'm wrong but history seems to indicate...