John Curtis vs Covington Jamboree (6 pm live stream)

TheRealCAJ

Any updates on these jamboree scores? 

Side note: Evangel 21 Texas High 0

I didn't attend but here is a post about it from a Louisiana site:

Evangel took on a pretty good Texas High Texarkana team tonight, that was 10-0 in the regular season last year and averaged 38 points per game while giving up 13.

I am starting to see why everyone is raving about Evangel's sophomore quarterback Blake Shapen. He is strong armed and accurate on the long and short passes. When he gets some experience he is going to be really good. I am actually encouraged that our offense will be better than last year. 

Evangel moved the ball at will, although they were having to overcome long (20 plus) yardage situations. It was partially due to penalties and partially due to an awfully quick whistle by the white hat. I realize we were trying to protect the quarterbacks but he was calling back great pass plays when there was no way the quarterback would be sacked. The good news is that Evangel overcame most of them. 

The final score was 21-0 Evangel. Evangel scored two more TDs that were called back, and in their only poor play of the night they threw an interception in the end zone from inside the 10 yard line after overcoming multiple long yardage situations to get there. They passed the ball at will in the opening quarter, and then were able to run the ball at will in the second quarter. 

As expected, the defense was dominant. 

This might be a real fun season, but I still think we are going to get killed at Allen. We just don't have the depth to stay with that team more than a half (if even that long). 

• Like 1

A few thoughts: Curtis will be fine. Their jamboree scores haven't been much to write home about the past few years but still produce during the season. They have four great running backs and very athletic skill positions.  The only team that will be close in-district is Rummel.  Rummel beating SPS is great, but did SPS really have the skill players to match?  I'll be interested to see what Rummel can do with more evenly skilled defensive backs. Also, Evangel is still the team to beat because of the defense, not the offense, but if they can find offense this year, who beats them?

39 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So is the story here... "Air Rummel" or John Curtis less than impressing? 

Low key looking forward to the John Curtis vs. Grayson game. 

St Pauls was a Top 10 preseason here. Bumped to #14 now.

I guess calpreps is rating our Jamborees. Rummel moves up to #7. 

http://calpreps.com/2017/ratings

We have much skill, but not much size this year.

Curtis/Grayson should be a war....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, westbankeagle said:

A few thoughts: Curtis will be fine. Their jamboree scores haven't been much to write home about the past few years but still produce during the season. They have four great running backs and very athletic skill positions.  The only team that will be close in-district is Rummel.  Rummel beating SPS is great, but did SPS really have the skill players to match?  I'll be interested to see what Rummel can do with more evenly skilled defensive backs. Also, Evangel is still the team to beat because of the defense, not the offense, but if they can find offense this year, who beats them?

Did Kipp really beat Shaw?

1 hour ago, westbankeagle said:

We (Shaw) should either go to 4A (we're getting awfully close to 3A numbers if we keep trending that way) or make some serious changes to how the school approaches sports.  I think Tommy brings new enthusiasm, but I don't know if he'll be able to put together what the school needs.  

Translation:  Yall are close to becoming the 4A Bossier Bearkats...(Similar situation..)

Bossier almost lost to 1A Plain Dealing 20-14...My dad said Bossier only had 3 plays and their star players play both ways...

God Help Those Bearkats...

from the Bayou Jam...

West Monroe  23  Neville  6

WM's offense is gonna score...  problem is the young defense is gonna get scored on (at least until they get some experience).

1 missed extra point, 1 TD called back for WM. Neville's only score on a short field after WM muffed a punt

Bolden looks to have made the transition from athlete to quarterback in the off season  ^_^