California Black Eye

LeftOnBase

Just now, Belly Bob said:

Fine.

But you said,...

No real high-quality OOS wins....EVER.

I think a 35--0 win against OH's state champions shows that what you said is clearly false. 

That St. X win was a quality win. 

Although St. X did go 5-5 in the regular season... lol.

1 minute ago, Belly Bob said:

Give me a list of FL's, TX's, NJ's, and GA's OOS wins against top 10 teams nationally. 

Miami CentralX2,HooverX2,BTW(2007) they started in the top 10 finished 10-3 they lost their season opener 34-7 to Northside WR.  

Matter a fact Hoover was #3 when Camden beat them 44-16 in Hoover. 

Miami Central was #1 when #9 Grayson beat them 35-3. 

So I get home, crack open my Omme Gang The Three Philosophers that has been chilling out in my fridge for two weeks... man that cork popped outta there like a bottle of sham pagnee. Poured me a glass of the ol' dark brown ale took me a little sniff off the top and a good ol' sip and swish like I've seen them fancy Cali guys do when tasting wines up in that there napper valley. Then I came right over to the pc and fired it off, taking notice of the whirring and whistling sounds it makes as it cranks up and connects to the interwebs. 

I glance through my bookmarks and click onto my favorite one... PrepGridIron.com, and what do I see as I nearly choke on the next swaller of Three Philosphers... A Cali Black Eye thread! Good thang this beer is pretty ok or I'd have choked on it and quite possibly ruint my pc with a tan spray. 

The good ol' celebratory beer is not too bad tonight gentlemens. Not too bad a'tall. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So I get home, crack open my Omme Gang The Three Philosophers that has been chilling out in my fridge for two weeks... man that cork popped outta there like a bottle of sham pagnee. Poured me a glass of the ol' dark brown ale took me a little sniff off the top and a good ol' sip and swish like I've seen them fancy Cali guys do when tasting wines up in that there napper valley. Then I came right over to the pc and fired it off, taking notice of the whirring and whistling sounds it makes as it cranks up and connects to the interwebs. 

I glance through my bookmarks and click onto my favorite one... PrepGridIron.com, and what do I see as I nearly choke on the next swaller of Three Philosphers... A Cali Black Eye thread! Good thang this beer is pretty ok or I'd have choked on it and quite possibly ruint my pc with a tan spray. 

The good ol' celebratory beer is not too bad tonight gentlemens. Not too bad a'tall. 

Classic

6 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I'll do NJs:

STA x2 (DBP)

ED (BC)

DeMatha (SJR)

That's 4 off the top of my head. 

Whose rankings are you using?

For STA, for example, I have them finishing...

20th in 2014

and...

14th in 2012

Top-10 nationally is a pretty high standard for a high-quality OOS win.

Just now, Belly Bob said:

Who's rankings are you using?

For STA, for example, I have them finishing

20th in 2014

and...

14th in 2012

Top-10 nationally is a pretty high standard for a high-quality OOS win.

No state has more than 5 in the last 17 years...

I mean an OoS win over teams that FINISHED Top 10.

I made a list in the offseason, of States OOS wins, since 2001, over teams that finished Top 10 that season...

GA was tied at the top!

IMG in 3 years has as many as any single state does in the last 17.

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

No state has more than 5 in the last 17 years...

I mean an OoS win over teams that FINISHED Top 10.

I made a list in the offseason, of States OOS wins, since 2001, over teams that finished Top 10 that season...

GA was tied at the top!

IMG in 3 years has as many as any single state does in the last 17.

Post your list for SGB, who seems to think that "high-quality OOS wins" means "wins against top-10 teams." 

Using USAToday from 2001-2011

In 2001, Valdosta GA defeated #7 Lincoln FL 31-21. 

In 2002, #4 Louisville Trinity KY defeated #9 Elder OH 44-20.

In 2003, #22 Warren Central IN defeated #6 Elder OH 45-20.

In 2004, there were no Top 10 OOS losses.

In 2005, there were no Top 10 OOS losses.

In 2006, there were no Top 10 OOS losses.

In 2007, there were no Top 10 OOS losses.

In 2008, there were no Top 10 OoS losses.

In 2009, #7 Hoover AL defeated #8 Camden Co. GA 30-27.

In 2010, Camden Co. GA defeated #8 Miami Central FL 45-42.

In 2011, #3 Armwood FL defeated #5 Bishop Gorman NV 20-17.... St. Thomas Aquinas FL defeated #7 De La Salle CA 30-6

---- Now Using The HSFB100 ---- (It moved from Rivals in 2012)

In 2012, Grayson GA defeated #8 Miami Central FL 35-3 ... 

In 2013, there were no Top 10 OOS losses.

In 2014, IMG Academy USA defeated #8 St. Peter's Prep NJ 36-20 ... Bergen Catholic NJ defeated #9 St. Edward OH 14-10

In 2015, Euless Trinity TX defeated #4 De La Salle CA 26-21 .... St. Joseph Regional NJ defeated #9 St. Edward OH 22-20

---- Using Highschoolfootballamerica.com for 2016, because its become the most respectable poll out there in many eyes ----

In 2016, #1 Bishop Gorman NV defeated #2 St. John Bosco CA 35-20 ... #3 IMG Academy USA defeated #4 Grayson GA 26-7 ... #1 Bishop Gorman NV defeated #6 St. Thomas Aquinas FL 25-25 ... #3 IMG Academy USA defeated #10 Corona Centennial CA 50-49 

=======

So "Notbigdaddybloom" ... lets take a look at your comments...

Heres State Records in games where End of Year Top 10 teams were defeated... IMG will count as its own state...

Alabama: 1-0

California: 0-4

Florida: 2-4

Georgia: 3-2

IMG Academy: 3-0

Indiana: 1-0

Kentucky: 1-0

Nevada: 2-1

New Jersey: 2-1

Ohio: 0-4

Texas: 1-0

• Thanks 1

I don't mean to make anyone get DEFENSIVE or anything, especially considering the Colquitt O lookin' like a broken Cheerio. 

However, I'm gonna just come right out firing with both pistols and say that SJB offense may not have scored on the Packers tonight either. 

Now there! 

:P

Did I already mention that Colquitt's defense is fire this year? 

I'm not 100 percent on this, but I don't think VM got a first down until 1 minute left in the first half. The Khalil Shakir kid was fast but the defense was stout. The most fearful moments was when Khalil took the ball on punt returns. He's a scary man with a head of steam. 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

I don't mean to make anyone get DEFENSIVE or anything, especially considering the Colquitt O lookin' like a broken Cheerio. 

However, I'm gonna just come right out firing with both pistols and say that SJB offense may not have scored on the Packers tonight either. 

Now there! 

:P

Did I already mention that Colquitt's defense is fire this year? 

I'm not 100 percent on this, but I don't think VM got a first down until 1 minute left in the first half. The Khalil Shakir kid was fast but the defense was stout. The most fearful moments was when Khalil took the ball on punt returns. He's a scary man with a head of steam. 

They are a fast defense for sure.