SJC/Orlando jones stream?

Mjd33

17 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Haha that's funny. 

Hell, if they would of scored more points than them, they would have won 

The point I am making is this: Jones does not have a history of playing in big time games on the road. They also don't have a coaching staff that is used to these types of high stakes games. The kids, at a minimum, showed that they could compete. With time, if they remain relevant in Florida, Jones will do just fine. Of course, this is a big if. Historically, Jones has not held on to much of the talent within its zone, which has chosen to go elsewhere (Edgewater, Lake Highland Prep, Boone, Oak Ridge, Dr. Phillips). The last two years, this trend has been reversed with Jones being a net beneficiary instead of a net loser of talent. 

Just left this game. Sorry I wasn't able to post any updates. It was pretty much like you would expect from the score. St. John's starters scored on 7 of 8 possessions, the new QB was very accurate and made some nice throws. Jones was never able to put pressure on him. #11 for St. John's made a highlight-reel TD catch in the third quarter, outjumping two Jones defenders.

On the other side of the ball, it took Jones a while to get going, but they certainly had playmakers, racking up a bunch of yards after the catch. #8 had a spectacular play early in the second half, catching a short pass on 4th-and-12, somehow eluding three tacklers, tightroping down the sideline and beating another defender before scoring. The classic "QB runs around the backfield until someone gets open" play was pretty effective for them and they needed it, since he was under pressure a lot--#18 for St. John's must have had four or five sacks himself. Jones's first PAT attempt made it to the end zone on five bounces and they went for two every time afterwards, their kickoffs did get better as the game went on.

Needless to say, St. John's defense needs to get better with the schedule they're facing.

• Like 2

Oh, and both teams but especially St. John's really hurt themselves with penalties--first play of the game the Cadets had a long touchdown run partially erased because of an unnecessary block in the back (they scored anyway). Then on Jones's first series they got called for unsportsmanlike conduct after getting a sack on third down, Jones ended up scoring.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

But they didn't lose. Dls can't lose in NorCal. Death, taxes, and nor cal sucks besides dls. 

My point my was those teams were just like '16

I like DBP but don't think you beat even an average DLS team -- DBP just like east in making their bones off a down DLS team

1 hour ago, Mjd33 said:

Just heads up DLS ranked 10th in USA super 25 poll. 

I'm sure you think that ranking is justified.

I think we'll have a real good idea in a few weeks -- this team not just better than last year but better than either of the DLS teams DBP beat

wouldnt be shocked if they start 2-2 either -- playing excellent teams 

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

I think we'll have a real good idea in a few weeks -- this team not just better than last year but better than either of the DLS teams DBP beat

Well dls already 1-0

francis is a gimme so that's 2 wins 

sjc pick em game 50% chance to win 

at BG substantial underdog 15% chance to win 

3-1 most likely scenario .... 2-2 at worst. 

4-0 about 5-10%  chance 

2 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Well dls already 1-0

francis is a gimme so that's 2 wins 

sjc pick em game 50% chance to win 

at BG substantial underdog 15% chance to win 

3-1 most likely scenario .... 2-2 at worst. 

4-0 about 5-10%  chance 

Mostly agree

but I feel differently about DLS and BG game than you do

btw, DLS unleashed an aerial attack with 3 rotating QBs -- am certain that was enabled by amador valley as opponent but nice that there was some practice before unleashing the veer.  Sjc and BG 

Just now, Mjd33 said:

What chance you give them in Vegas? 

They looked awfully impressive the other night .... 

At least twice as good as you -- they'll be underdogs, but not 6 or 7 to 1 IMHO

FwIW, don't think St Francis is a gimmee either -- they're a leading WCAL contender and enjoy a trap position after SJC before DLS heads to LV

19 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Dude .... stop. lol it will be a blowout 

Ok

possibly the best team from a league, WCAL, that has given DLS's best team fits has zero chance against DLS in between playing A national top 25 and top 3 team

better?

remenber the 2 teams DLS beat?  They played Serra both years and Serra was not top tier in wcal either year -- results:  '08, DLS won 29-28, after successfully going for 2 and win after final TD; '09, DLS trailed 7-0 at halftime before winning 14-7 the week before flying to NJ.  Those 2 Serra teams were 12-10-2 over those 2 years

i know those weren't even average DLS teams, but......

44 minutes ago, Pops said:

And you know that from DLS beating Amador Valley 42-7?

30 minutes ago, Pops said:

At least twice as good as you -- they'll be underdogs, but not 6 or 7 to 1 IMHO

FwIW, don't think St Francis is a gimmee either -- they're a leading WCAL contender and enjoy a trap position after SJC before DLS heads to LV

If St. Francis isnt a gimme... DLS isnt a Top 100 squad.

280+ games say that St. Francis is a gimme.

19 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

I don't think dls is necessarily better than dematha let alone BG.

1 in 5 is about right. Dls will need to win turnover margin by at least 2 to have a chance. 

Well 15% is about 1 in 6.5 so I've got you moving 

smells about like a 9:2 bet