Golf/Los any word from the Dwyer game?

954gator

Nothing as of yet. FHSAA said they are awaiting the schools to send reports up to the FHSAA offices. 

Police report has already been sent to the FHSAA. 

No report from the refs since it happened post game and supposedly refs had already cleared the field. 

FHSAA says they hope to conclude the investigation prior to Friday night's game between Aquinas and Mater Academy. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I know there was some extracurriculars after the game? Will anything come of it?  Looks like Dwyer got frustrated ehh?

I can't see how they could suspend anybody.

The game was over and the officials were already gone. The FHSAA has asked the schools for a report. I know what ours will say. We had no reason to brawl with anybody. One of our kids got attacked and then all hell broke loose.

The police report only mentions a Dwyer player hitting a cop and Dwyer fans leaving the stands and entering the playing field.

We don't have much to answer really.

I heard the FHSAA only really puts stock into what the referees say and they were gone. I feel at most the FHSAA will leave it up to STA to impose their own punishment. They beat like 8 teams this year just as bad and never got into a brawl. Seems like Dwyers inflated record had them thinking they were better than they really are and they felt stupid when STA pulled their skirt up. Lol 

Edited by Nolebull813
  • Like 1

I was already walking towards the parking lot and with a late dinner and beer waiting at home I wasn't turning back. 

I'm sure Casullo wouldn't mind the starting 22 to sit this week.  The final last year wasn't pretty.   

Got to see the 9th grader Dumervil for the first time vs Dwyer in the 4th qtr.  Big kid already.   I'm sure the basketball team can't wait to have him suit up as well as Bonnito.   

I heard about a doozy of a rumored transfer for next season... we'll see if this one goes through.   Nope no hints other than he is not a punter or placekicker :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

I was already walking towards the parking lot and with a late dinner and beer waiting at home I wasn't turning back. 

I'm sure Casullo wouldn't mind the starting 22 to sit this week.  The final last year wasn't pretty.   

Got to see the 9th grader Dumervil for the first time vs Dwyer in the 4th qtr.  Big kid already.   I'm sure the basketball team can't wait to have him suit up as well as Bonnito.   

I heard about a doozy of a rumored transfer for next season... we'll see if this one goes through.   Nope no hints other than he is not a punter or placekicker :)

Better not be the QB from Booker T 

54 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Gator, Gio Bernard tore his acl yesterday :( 

I know I heard, shitty.

How did O'korn look for Michigan?   Didn't get to see the game.    Scarlet ran like a GROWN ASS MAN vs LSU....22 caries for 108 yards against that nasty D.    Check out what one of the best Pass rushers in the nation said about him!

That's some high praise right there!

Edited by 954gator

10 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

I heard about that transfer like a week ago

10 hours ago, 954gator said:

I know I heard, shitty.

How did O'korn look for Michigan?   Didn't get to see the game.    Scarlet ran like a GROWN ASS MAN vs LSU....22 caries for 108 yards against that nasty D.    Check out what one of the best Pass rushers in the nation said about him!

That's some high praise right there!

I saw a bit of the game and indeed Scarlett ran hard.  Been waiting for him to play like that consistently.  There's a pic somewhere online from a paper that showed the intensity of Scarlett on a carry.  I'll try to find it.  You'll crack up.

O'Korn struggled but he had one nice scramble that electrified the team and fans.  He's 1-0 lol.  If he is starting this week, he will have to improve quite a bit.  I would expect Peppers to be more active offensively than he was last week and some trick plays are likely in the works as the offensive scheme needs to adjust without Speight.  

• Like 1

Film shows several STA players throwing punches. Don't know if it is self defense, but I don't think it matters. If the FHSAA looks at the film they might suspend. As I said previously, it would not be fair to suspend all players at once. Maybe a small batch this week and a small batch next week. 

Someone said, on another board, that the rule for conduct is 30 minutes prior to the game and 30 minutes after the end of the game, so this incident falls well within the time frame.

Not rooting against STA because you want the best teams to get through, but I wouldn't be surprised if they get some players suspended. 

What I found interesting in the Sun-Sentinel article yesterday was the final paragraph... 

The BCAA, which oversees Broward County high school athletics, is not investigating the matter, director Shawn Cerra said Monday. St. Thomas Aquinas is a private school and not under Broward Schools' direct jurisdiction, Cerra noted.

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

Film shows several STA players throwing punches. Don't know if it is self defense, but I don't think it matters. If the FHSAA looks at the film they might suspend. As I said previously, it would not be fair to suspend all players at once. Maybe a small batch this week and a small batch next week. 

Someone said, on another board, that the rule for conduct is 30 minutes prior to the game and 30 minutes after the end of the game, so this incident falls well within the time frame.

Someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

The 30-minute rule is regarding security. The school is required to handle security 30 minutes before and after each game they host. It has nothing to do with suspensions, etc.

Once the game is over and the referees leave the field, the FHSAA is no longer represented in the matter. They are merely going to rely on the schools to report the incident to them.

It would actually be pretty outrageous if anybody was suspended on Friday for this.