Lime Sink Georgia Top Ten 8/27/2017

Rufus69

41 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

There are many pussy publics around the USA. NJ and OH come to light first. Rush has begun to cast a larger net when seeking formidable home opponents. Problem is if CQ loses to Sully, they may never play OOS again.  

You know this is disingenuous.

Colquitt lost to AHP in a heartbreaker last year and searched OOS again. Granted the Sully came as a necessity, but they still got scheduled.

Rush said that the issue with scheduling is getting worse and worse. Teams want to play Colquitt when we're down, but won't pick up the phone when we are on the up-tick. Those teams can expect to not be called again. It's not right to do it that way, so the teams available to call and schedule that make economic sense for a public like Colquitt are getting further and further between.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You know this is disingenuous.

Colquitt lost to AHP in a heartbreaker last year and searched OOS again. Granted the Sully came as a necessity, but they still got scheduled.

Rush said that the issue with scheduling is getting worse and worse. Teams want to play Colquitt when we're down, but won't pick up the phone when we are on the up-tick. Those teams can expect to not be called again. It's not right to do it that way, so the teams available to call and schedule that make economic sense for a public like Colquitt are getting further and further between.

When I mention this, it's about area teams that once had rivalries with Colquitt. Teams that have played us historically and it makes sense financially to do home and home contracts.

These teams won't answer or just laugh when approached about playing, and then rise up wanting to play when talent is down over here. 

Being a successful program has it's good sides, but it also has huge downside, especially for a public school.

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

When I mention this, it's about area teams that once had rivalries with Colquitt. Teams that have played us historically and it makes sense financially to do home and home contracts.

These teams won't answer or just laugh when approached about playing, and then rise up wanting to play when talent is down over here. 

Being a successful program has it's good sides, but it also has huge downside, especially for a public school.

The one that really gets me is...Lee County.  They're not a bad program.  I know we've popped them the last two times...but hey, Valdosta plays us.  And though it's farther...why not Ware?  Or Brunswick?  Or Bainbridge?  Maybe when Shaver steps down and Guyton takes over...we'll get a game with Thomas Central.

It just doesn't make any sense.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

The one that really gets me is...Lee County.  They're not a bad program.  I know we've popped them the last two times...but hey, Valdosta plays us.  And though it's farther...why not Ware?  Or Brunswick?  Or Bainbridge?  Maybe when Shaver steps down and Guyton takes over...we'll get a game with Thomas Central.

It just doesn't make any sense.

Rufus>>

Same here. I wondered why we didn't continue that series until Rush said that. 

They aren't that far off of enrollment numbers, so it doesn't make a huge amount of sense. The only thing I can figure is that they think the rivalry was TOO heated. Remember the chants on video from the Lee crowd a couple of years ago? We want Colquitt. We want Colquitt. Then they got Colquitt and the chain gang got mad and there was punches thrown etc. 

I guess these are the ways things happen to programs that "suffer" success over a fairly long and stable time frame. 

29 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Same here. I wondered why we didn't continue that series until Rush said that. 

They aren't that far off of enrollment numbers, so it doesn't make a huge amount of sense. The only thing I can figure is that they think the rivalry was TOO heated. Remember the chants on video from the Lee crowd a couple of years ago? We want Colquitt. We want Colquitt. Then they got Colquitt and the chain gang got mad and there was punches thrown etc. 

I guess these are the ways things happen to programs that "suffer" success over a fairly long and stable time frame. 

I do remember the chants...we want Sutton...we want Sutton...we want Sutton.  Then they realized....THEY DIDN'T.

(Smile)

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

3 of the top 5 teams all play now 0-20 International School of Broward. Lol. 

That is unprecedented in anyone's lifetime. 

Please GSB, you have to help this state out in scheduling.

Funny thing is Texas is just as bad in scheduling oos games as Georgia, and coincidentally those are the 2 highest paying states to head coaches. So it really seems like the coaches are afraid to go out and and play top national competition because they need to rack up as many wins as they can to justify the pay. 

HOW is it, that supposedly great coaches in Cali and Jersey, make relative peanuts! Yet never interview for J O B's in JAWJA? HELL, a hunnered thousand buckroos a year, gets you a tent to live in, in the aforementioned states!

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

This wouldve been a great year for Rome & Lowndes to play OOS.  Both are Top 5 in GA and I cant remember the last time either played a great OOS team.

A few years back when Lowndes wasnt as good, they beat Plant FL 20-14... 

Im really looking forward to seeing Grayson play a Louisiana team in John Curtis. 

And Buford vs South Pointe will be good on the 15th.

Was it Lowend's fault a coupla years ago! That Tampa Plant wasn't all that, and a bag a chips?

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Funny thing is Texas is just as bad in scheduling oos games as Georgia, and coincidentally those are the 2 highest paying states to head coaches. So it really seems like the coaches are afraid to go out and and play top national competition because they need to rack up as many wins as they can to justify the pay. 

SOOOOOOO, you consider the likes of Crenshaw, Byrnes, Bishop Sullivan, Mountain Pointe, Vista Murrieta, Hoover, IMG, Tampa Plant, John Curtis, STA, Miami Central, Booker T., South Panola, and American Heritage, as cannon fodder?xD

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

There are many pussy publics around the USA. NJ and OH come to light first. Rush has begun to cast a larger net when seeking formidable home opponents. Problem is if CQ loses to Sully, they may never play OOS again.  

With their talent pool, I'd be STUNNED if Colquitt don't lose to Bishop Sullivan! It may even be a Grayson or Roswell type beat down, given our current offensive maladies! You take two FAN TAS TIC runs away Friday night, and we win 12-7!

2 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

With their talent pool, I'd be STUNNED if Colquitt don't lose to Bishop Sullivan! It may even be a Grayson or Roswell type beat down, given our current offensive maladies! You take two FAN TAS TIC runs away Friday night, and we win 12-7!

Durn Rab...stop predicting offensive problems OVER 30 days away !!!!  You gotta come up with a game plan to get us by the Tucker Tigers.  There's where your focus should be.

Rufus>>

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You heard it heah FIRST! Starting in 2018, Colquitt will endeavor to play a BG type non region schedule moving forward!

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Doesn't have to be a BG-type schedule. After all, CQ is a public. That wouldn't be fair long-term. Nothing wrong with just hosting one Top 20 team annually? #oneanddone

We are trying.

2010: MNC South Panola

2013: Hoover

2014: Hoover

2016: AHP and Roswell (although in state)

We would likely play a Top 25 team annually if we wanted to venture off. With us wanting to keep our gate proceeds and play these games in front of a very supportive fan base (absolutely nothing wrong with that) indeed makes it more difficult to do annually. However, it isn't nearly as bad as you and others like to make it seem.

You proclaim to be the best salesman out there, but you can't seem to bullshit a bullshitter (Rush)...

4 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I'll revise my prior post:

...hosting one Top 20 team annually from OUTSIDE the Southeast. Only the above SP and AHP games meant anything. Neither of those Hoover teams finished in the Top 40. #factoverfiction

Pretty sure Hoover finished high in 2014..

What poll are we talking about?

If i hear CP its about to get real in hur

In the HSFB100... Im pretty sure Hoover was top 25 in '14 ... they lost to MC on a last sec FG 24-21, and to Colquitt 35-14

11 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Show me the cream puff game on Colquitt's schedule this year......

12 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Hey Rufus...

Where is Parkview? 

Parkview was pretty good last year, and brought back 17 starters...

And theyve won their 1st 2 games 50-13 over PTR and 69-0 over Shiloh.

Parkview IS going to give Lowndes all they want, in fact thats the INSTATE game of the week next week probably.

And Rome at 11? Are you nuts? Rome is sick as fack.

I expected more but I guess, like Colquitt, youll get better as the season goes on.

I give no credence to the Shiloh score.  *I* might could beat Shiloh.

11 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

So CQ isn't willing to share 50% of the gate receipts to lure an elite OOS team one game per season? If so, that's just being cheap and seeking to avoid a possible home loss IMO.  

Sharing the gate might be one thing.  Being expected to cough up a share travel expenses gets a little hairy.  As GA publics, there are limits as to what we can do.  Touchdown/booster clubs don't have free reign and there already are hard feelings between the haves and the have nots.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

We have the same problem.  As soon as Brookwood and Parkview didn't *have* to play us, they stopped  The shame of it is that the Broowood/Grayson rivalry was turning into something.  Our biggest crowd was against Brookwood.  I'll guarantee that if Archer didn't have to, they wouldn't.

16 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

$15k is all it would take to get any elite team to visit Moultrie or any power public.  

In other words, Colquitt coulda got Cen10 down to Moultrie if they coughed up 15k? 

I do remember you saying Colquitt woulda had to subsidize the entire trip and that it wouldn't be fair on Colquitt's behalf...

6 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

In other words, Colquitt coulda got Cen10 down to Moultrie if they coughed up 15k? 

I do remember you saying Colquitt woulda had to subsidize the entire trip and that it wouldn't be fair on Colquitt's behalf...

Now why would Propst pay a team to give him a whipping.