Confused a bit on the criticism I've read on Re'al vs STA

954gator

2 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

He did have some good throws the sideline one was good but the Int. that Jordan Battle had Re'al was way off the mark on that one. I agree the TE has to go after and get that ball. 

Yes that was his worst throw.  I think that was the one he got hit hard as he released it and it sailed way over the wr.   

23 hours ago, 954gator said:

I'm curious as to why people have criticized Re'al's play vs STA.   To me he is the one who made things possible.    His throws weren't an issue in my book, even the first pick was tipped off his Wr's hands.   He had another pick with seconds before half basically a toss up long ball.    Kid had a lot of nice throws, and is a much STRONGER runner than I thought he'd be. (I remember him dragging a DT 2-3 yards for the first down)   Me personally thought he showed a ton of grit.   

He hit a guy right in stride after scrambling free from pressure that 99% of the time is a TD (safety made an amazing play IMO).   He made a great play in OT and gave his TE a chance to make a play for the win (which IMO should have  been grabbed over the shorter LB).   Plus his Wr's were having a lot of trouble getting separation all night.   

Now Casteel had a rough game, I can see criticism there, but Re'al came to play.   I can see maybe people having issues with playcalling etc, but Re'al didn't blow the game in any sense of the word. 

You may well be right.

He threw a few a catchable balls that weren't caught. 

STA's defense is as good as it gets. Any offense would struggle against it. 

Maybe I was just projecting past performances onto this one. 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2017 at 2:11 PM, 954gator said:

I'm curious as to why people have criticized Re'al's play vs STA.   To me he is the one who made things possible.    His throws weren't an issue in my book, even the first pick was tipped off his Wr's hands.   He had another pick with seconds before half basically a toss up long ball.    Kid had a lot of nice throws, and is a much STRONGER runner than I thought he'd be. (I remember him dragging a DT 2-3 yards for the first down)   Me personally thought he showed a ton of grit.   

He hit a guy right in stride after scrambling free from pressure that 99% of the time is a TD (safety made an amazing play IMO).   He made a great play in OT and gave his TE a chance to make a play for the win (which IMO should have  been grabbed over the shorter LB).   Plus his Wr's were having a lot of trouble getting separation all night.   

Now Casteel had a rough game, I can see criticism there, but Re'al came to play.   I can see maybe people having issues with playcalling etc, but Re'al didn't blow the game in any sense of the word. 

Re'al ain't a real QB! He'll be playing DB, WR, or RB at Iowa State!

21 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Was that our Zoeboy sitting on SJB side... figures :)  Were you rooting for them too?   Hope you had a raider burger and enjoyed the corny PA announcer with the southern twang.  

Comments section always a treat.  

Nice beat.  

Yea I slid to the game n sat on Bosco side to vibe with the Cali folks.. Plus STA side was on swoll... The PA announcer sucks ass n the band is a joke lol... Nah but I was chatting with some of the Bosco fans which they were cool! I told them this the best defense they will see all year and they agreed... they was like it makes no sense seeing DE's running with Re Al lateral... 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

It seems disingenious to say they must play with the hand they were dealt considering the creative player acquisition advantage they share over 99% of schools in the country.

When SJB plays someone capable of assembling a team with the same standards, they typically lose. MD will most likely suffer the same fate when they play Gorman.

One of these days, Cali people are gonna come to the realization, that that AIN'T all THAT and a bag of chips! Look at the top tier players in Cali, population 38,000,000! They have only a few more studs than GEORGIA, population 10,000,000! And other than CenT10, if they aren't private schools, they ain't SQUAT in that state!

4 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

Yea I slid to the game n sat on Bosco side to vibe with the Cali folks.. Plus STA side was on swoll... The PA announcer sucks ass n the band is a joke lol... Nah but I was chatting with some of the Bosco fans which they were cool! I told them this the best defense they will see all year and they agreed... they was like it makes no sense seeing DE's running with Re Al lateral... 

Cool... hey I was on the DBP side vs AHP last year :) .  I was with Gardenstateballer and Drummer and met other DBP fans/dads.  Was a nice experience and I was very neutral of course.   May the best team win... and they did.   Now this week I'll be on the AHP side.  

You heading to Traz Powell for BTW-MC?  Like MC handily here.  You?   Rivalry I know, but think MC has a decent edge this year.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Cool... hey I was on the DBP side vs AHP last year :) .  I was with Gardenstateballer and Drummer and met other DBP fans/dads.  Was a nice experience and I was very neutral of course.   May the best team win... and they did.   Now this week I'll be on the AHP side.  

You heading to Traz Powell for BTW-MC?  Like MC handily here.  You?   Rivalry I know, but think MC has a decent edge this year.  

You already know