Ohio Week 2 Discussion/Predictions

Coletrain06

19 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

St. Xavier (1-0) @ Colerain (0-1) - Colerain 17 St. X 14 

Pickerington Central (1-0) vs. Indianapolis Cathedral IN (0-2) Pick Central 42 Cathedral 14

Colerain/X is like Colerain/LaSalle......50/50. I think Colerain bounces back and takes this one at home. I like your 17-14 score. 

Pick Central should win this one, but they aren't beating a solid Cathedral team by 4 TDs. St X,KY and King are no slouches and Cathedral could easily be 2-0 right now (PC could 0-1 for that matter). I say PC wins 28-20. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Colerain/X is like Colerain/LaSalle......50/50. I think Colerain bounces back and takes this one at home. I like your 17-14 score. 

Pick Central should win this one, but they aren't beating a solid Cathedral team by 4 TDs. St X,KY and King are no slouches and Cathedral could easily be 2-0 right now (PC could 0-1 for that matter). I say PC wins 28-20. 

Agree

Indy Cathedral is going to be a tough out and not a 4 TD loser

• Like 1

Anyone heard of the possible postponement of Colerain - Stx game.  Heard this morning that a plan B has been discussed if expected torrential Friday rains come.  Could be moved to Saturday at Noon;  even Sunday at Noon.  Did not hear it from anyone associated with StX.

Anyone else hear anything???   Curious.

1 hour ago, prepsbill65 said:

Anyone heard of the possible postponement of Colerain - Stx game.  Heard this morning that a plan B has been discussed if expected torrential Friday rains come.  Could be moved to Saturday at Noon;  even Sunday at Noon.  Did not hear it from anyone associated with StX.

Anyone else hear anything???   Curious.

The conversation has been had.  At this point, it is staying put on Friday night.  Obviously, contingency plans needed to be discussed in the event the weather gets real bad on Friday.  I would be shocked if it was moved to Sunday.

As a Catholic school, I'm not even sure if St. Xavier is allowed to have any extra-curriculars on a Sunday?

-93CardianlsFan

8 minutes ago, 93CardinalsFan said:

The conversation has been had.  At this point, it is staying put on Friday night.  Obviously, contingency plans needed to be discussed in the event the weather gets real bad on Friday.  I would be shocked if it was moved to Sunday.

As a Catholic school, I'm not even sure if St. Xavier is allowed to have any extra-curriculars on a Sunday?

-93CardianlsFan

Crushing birds is considered a crusade.  Jesus is with us.

• Haha 1

On 8/30/2017 at 8:09 PM, ORabidOne said:

WHAT HE SAID:

Does ANYBODY CARE about Midwest high school football? HELL, Meyer and Harbaugh have bought houses in Georgia and FLAAAAAAWDA, so they can be near their recruits!

WHAT WE HEARD:

blah blah blah Midwest high school football! Blah blah blah blah blah blah.

On 8/30/2017 at 9:57 AM, 93CardinalsFan said:

God bless your heart Coletrain06...truly.  I think you are counting on the ghosts of the past to help this team.  The only reason Tyler Williams will be at Colerain on Saturday is to wear St. Xavier Blue and coach the RB's for the Bombers.  The below, by the way, is the most unholy thing I have EVER seen...

14_-Tyler_Williams_-_Running_Backs.JPG

As for the game itself, it will take a monumental week of practice and offensive game-planning to pull out a W in this game.  This offense has been broken since Deshaunte Jones walked out the door 2 years ago.  Poor DSM2.0 has been jerked around in multiple positions and now he is most likely going to be asked to beat the defending D1 State Champs with 5 of their front 6 returning from last year.

I fully expect a Bomber win on Friday night.  I want nothing more than to be 100% wrong.

-93CardinalsFan

I expect X to win also, but I don't think they're heavily favored

I think you are looking at the La Salle result and may not be giving enough credit to La Salle. Remember La Salle swept the GCL last year with these LB's as juniors.

Also, Colerain's offense didn't do very well against X last year, but still beat them in the regular season, and were working on a blowout in the playoffs before the punt block changed the game. X hasn't brought in a new group of super talented players.....Colerain saw most of these guys last year, and more than held their own. 

I agree about Tyler Williams haha. Lainhart first, now Williams.....Don't know if this is true, but I heard Coach Bolden talked to Specht and helped Lainhart get that position with X because Colerain didn't have any paid positions available. Pretty Classy to help a former player/coach move to a rival school for a paid position. Wouldn't be surprised if the same happened with WIlliams. 

For those looking to tune in to the Ignatius/Mentor game tonight, the webcast will be available at: http://www.ignatiuswildcats.com/sibn-live.

Difficult game to predict at this point in the season. I was impressed with how the green Ignatius front seven on defense performed against Hoban, but that was against a freshman QB. They won't be able to play their safties in the box against Mentor, and their secondary (which is supposed to be the strength of their defense) will be tested early and often. The big question mark and what should be the deciding factor in this game is how the Ignatius offense performs against Mentor's defense. Bobinski was very rusty against Hoban after sitting most of the preseason and fumbled twice. One of Iggy's best athletes in Connor Kennedy was also out against Hoban and should be returning this game. If those two can perform at the level they are capable of, Ignatius may very well win this game comfortably (assuming Mentor's defense is its usual swiss cheese self). 

1 hour ago, OdbCle said:

For those looking to tune in to the Ignatius/Mentor game tonight, the webcast will be available at: http://www.ignatiuswildcats.com/sibn-live.

Difficult game to predict at this point in the season. I was impressed with how the green Ignatius front seven on defense performed against Hoban, but that was against a freshman QB. They won't be able to play their safties in the box against Mentor, and their secondary (which is supposed to be the strength of their defense) will be tested early and often. The big question mark and what should be the deciding factor in this game is how the Ignatius offense performs against Mentor's defense. Bobinski was very rusty against Hoban after sitting most of the preseason and fumbled twice. One of Iggy's best athletes in Connor Kennedy was also out against Hoban and should be returning this game. If those two can perform at the level they are capable of, Ignatius may very well win this game comfortably (assuming Mentor's defense is its usual swiss cheese self). 

Yea, at the very least, I'd have to imagine Hoban's D is much better than Mentor's 

39 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Why is Mentors D always so bad.......coaching/strategy or athletes all on offense?

It's both. Starting in their youth system, the best athletes are put at the offensive skill positions and are ingrained in that spread. Plus I don't think their defensive staff has a clue what they're doing. This year they switch to a linebacker-friendly 3-4 defense when for once they actually have some good d-lineman that can get at the passer. Now those guys will be occupying blockers.