PrepGridiron

DLS/SJC  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Will De La Salle avoid another OOS loss?

• No, another black eye for California
    • Yes...finally

2 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Hell yeah.

It was the Open Division Bowl Game, and it was against the most famous HSFB program ever. 

You can get amped up for other reasons, to show how great you are or to prove a point, etc.

Do you think Money got amped up for the Conor fight? 

Do you think Couture got amped up for the Toney fight? 

Of course they did. 

So basically you're implying dls hyper improvement from earlier in the year ? 

5 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

So basically you're implying dls hyper improvement from earlier in the year ? 

I think they improved a lot.

Compare their first six games to their next six games.

Compare scores against common opponents: DLS barely beat Antioch 28-21 early; Freedom crushed Antioch 65-28; DLS crushed Freedom 42-7 late.

Give me a better explanation of those facts. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Compare scores against common opponents: DLS barely beat Antioch 28-21 early; Freedom crushed Antioch 65-28; DLS crushed Freedom 42-7 late.

Obviously hyper improvement! :) 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I was leaning SJC all off season but I expected a bigger win last weekend. Idk. Feeling a bit more cautious now especially considering I've not started of so hot in Pick Em

How good is Orlando jones is the Q? Seems like they had some studs. 

And how big a drop off is the new sjc qb  from kasim hill ? 

2 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

In 2015, DLS was thought to have tgeir best team ever, and lost to a 2nd round loser in Trinity. Every team, every year from every state has weaknesses that can be exploited. Another reason why the DLS mythical dominance is absurd.

...an ET team that beat the Texas state champs worse than they beat DLS.  The mythical dominance is not absurd....you guys talk about it every day here.  It's what you make of it.  I don't ever see DLS fans bring up that streak.  Only haters trying to bring them down, and a few posters defending what that team accomplished...like them or not.

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

You could argue that they also should've lost to 6-5 SRV and 4-6 Servite as well early on.  Then later they beat undefeated Monte Vista and Freedom late in the season, and then showed up against a superior SJB team.  Their kids were sophomores and juniors.  I don't know about this hyper-improvement thing, but they were definitely better as the kids gelled and caught up to varsity speed a little.  All of those returnees are going to be bigger, stronger, and faster this season. 

7 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

...an ET team that beat the Texas state champs worse than they beat DLS.  The mythical dominance is not absurd....you guys talk about it every day here.  It's what you make of it.  I don't ever see DLS fans bring up that streak.  Only haters trying to bring them down, and a few posters defending what that team accomplished...like them or not.

Maybe one guy.

But it's generally true.

Most of us DLS fanatics don't talk about the Streak. It's those who speak ill of DLS and CA football who bring up the Streak. 

They're jelly. 

But I get it: they've got great teams too, but their teams don't get half of the attention or the accolades. 

• Like 1

Just now, Belly Bob said:

Maybe one guy.

But it's generally true.

Most of us DLS fanatics don't talk about the Streak. It's those who speak ill of DLS and CA football who bring up the Streak. 

They're jelly. 

But I get it: they've got great teams too, but their teams don't get half of the attention or the accolades. 

Understood.  i agree.  DLS wouldn't have had a 151 game streak in Fl, Tx, Ga, etc...heck not even in SoCal. They'da still been ridiculous  teams, but they'da taken some hits along the way.

18 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

You must not read the daily diatribes of Pops and Aztec then.

You're bringing the streak up now. I could careless, because we know why that occured.

I'm talking about them being ranked in the Top 25 every damn year and the gazillion unearned MNCs because they beat one team from SoCal at the end of the year.

1 minute ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I see their posts.  I see them defending there positions, but I don't ever see them boasting about the streak(s)(other than defending their positions).  151 is what it is.  We all know that.  But DLS is still a top notch program that challenges themselves every year.  As HSFB fans we should appreciate what they do.  In my humble opinion.

40 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

22 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I could careless, because we know why that [Streak] occured.

I'm talking about them being ranked in the Top 25 every damn year and the gazillion unearned MNCs because they beat one team from SoCal at the end of the year.

You see?

They're everywhere around here! 

Nobody is talking about the heat in Concord on Friday:  100 degrees is the all time record high temperature for September 1st and 112 is forecast which is 26 degrees above the normal high temeprature.  Bishop Gorman at Mater Dei (broadcast on Fox Sports Pacific) has a forecast high temperature of 104 degrees in Anaheim for Friday.  The average high for the date is 86-this will also be 20 or more degrees above the average.

I don't care about humidity-it will be hot as hell for these games.

What is going on in California this coming weekend with the weather?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

If your team can't get up for the state championship in your states largest division then you got issues.

I'm not saying they didn't get up vs dls but I'm saying they GOT UP  against MD.... MD was what 3rd in the country going into that rematch? Human nature that's all .... 

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

You're bringing the streak up now. I could careless, because we know why that occured.

The hate is strong with this one.

I disagree.  They played the games, they won the games, and the writers gave them their MNCs.  Therefore, they earned them.  Sorry that GA was never good enough to win one :ph34r:;)

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

I was leaning SJC all off season but I expected a bigger win last weekend. Idk. Feeling a bit more cautious now especially considering I've not started of so hot in Pick Em

FWIW

I went against DLS in the poll in this thread and went with them in the Pick 'Em. #wishywashy xD

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

Nobody is talking about the heat in Concord on Friday:  100 degrees is the all time record high temperature for September 1st and 112 is forecast which is 26 degrees above the normal high temeprature.  Bishop Gorman at Mater Dei (broadcast on Fox Sports Pacific) has a forecast high temperature of 104 degrees in Anaheim for Friday.  The average high for the date is 86-this will also be 20 or more degrees above the average.

I don't care about humidity-it will be hot as hell for these games.

What is going on in California this coming weekend with the weather?

It's going to be flat out scorching for the next 4 days.  The weather here has been perfect the past few days.  Not sure where this is coming from.  It's odd.  I've lived here basically my whole life in NorCal and don't ever recall an actual forecast for 0VER 110.  Seen 105-108 a few times, but over...nope. The game is at 8pm on Friday so that should help a little.  The low is 71, but it'll still be 90 at game time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

Yet Trinity beat TX's state champs by 10 but DLS only by 5 (and in TX) and then only bc D. Asiasi couldn't hit a wide open receiver in the final moments of the game.

I still can't figure out whether that means that TX has a lot of really good teams at the top or a lot of really bad teams at the top.  

Given how often DLS's loss against Trinity is trotted out as evidence that CA football sucks, I guess it means that TX has a lot of really bad teams. 

The only thing all of that shows is that there is no difference in Ca. or Tx. relative to who plays better football. On that given day, the breaks went to Trinity. If they played again it quite possibly could go the other way. All of this BS about who is better is really starting to get old.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gospeeder said:

The only thing all of that shows is that there is no difference in Ca. or Tx. relative to who plays better football. On that given day, the breaks went to Trinity. If they played again it quite possibly could go the other way. All of this BS about who is better is really starting to get old.

Careful. 

What else do we have around here besides who is better than whom?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gospeeder said:

Yeah LOL... you hit on it with that question. One would think that with all of the great games this weekend along with some pretty good backstories relative to some of them, we would be focused on those for the most part.

Speaking of which, this article appeared in USAToday about new SJC QB, Kevin Doyle. 

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/st-johns-doyle-adjusting-on-the-fly-as-the-no-18-cadets-play-at-no-7-de-la-salle

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gospeeder said:

Yeah LOL... you hit on it with that question. One would think that with all of the great games this weekend along with some pretty good backstories relative to some of them, we would be focused on those for the most part.

Well, we are.

But that's just grist for the mill. 

1 hour ago, Gospeeder said:

37 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Careful. 

What else do we have around here besides who is better than whom?

Don't mean to offend but believe DLS was better team that YEAR but not that night 

was a tough environment against a tough opponent -- imho that was the best DLS team that has ever been beat -- certainly had a case and won CP as #1 team, beating the consensus #1 in final game -- that team destroyed a slew of pretty good teams

i think the landscape is such that TX is likely to have fewer top 10s than CA/ FL, but more top 100s -- they're so anti private culturally in their state association that privates don't flourish, thus they get less super teams, but they have a lot of huge public schools and a rabid football culture -- they might have 40 or 50 of top 100 publics

• Like 2