An extremely early playoff projection for GA

Fred

Loren Maxwell is a statistician who is a founding member of the Georgia High School Historians Association and writes for the Atlanta Journal/Constitution.   He updates this each week based on the results from the previous week.  At this point in the season he is slightly biased by last year's results but as the season proceeds he is based more and more on the current season results.  As of right now, he has Grayson and Colquitt in the finals with Grayson winning.  It will be interesting to see how this changes as the season progresses.

http://highschoolsports.blog.ajc.com/2017/08/30/maxwell-playoff-projections-after-week-2-2/

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

If I have told Loren once...I've told him a THOUSAND times.....

UPDATE that Cray !!!!!!

Colquitt ain't nothing but a bunch of poor, tiny, little undersized and inexperienced Hawgs.

Rufus>>

Rufus, I think they're trying to feed that "see at the Benz in December" feelin' that I was talkin' about last evening. 

Not workin' though. Need to see some offensive production and some continuity/rhythm in play calling after the first 25 or so plays.

15 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Rufus, I think they're trying to feed that "see at the Benz in December" feelin' that I was talkin' about last evening. 

Not workin' though. Need to see some offensive production and some continuity/rhythm in play calling after the first 25 or so plays.

LOL...the Gospel is finally starting to settle in.  Don't get me wrong...I honestly think we'll be fine.  I just would rather see a tad more progress with our offense before I start getting all excited.

We got some SERIOUS football in front of us.  We're kinda on the 2009 and/or 2012 level.  Now we could get better.  I'm hoping we will.  But the proof is in the 1800 tequila.  And of course...the rest of the regular season...(Smile).

Rufus>>

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

If I have told Loren once...I've told him a THOUSAND times.....

UPDATE that Cray !!!!!!

Colquitt ain't nothing but a bunch of poor, tiny, little undersized and inexperienced Hawgs.

Rufus>>

Naw man, he doesn't use a Cray.  It runs on his phone.  Of course it is a *nice* phone but...  :D

I personally think Lowndes will win Region 1-7A... which puts Lowndes & Grayson on opposite sides of the bracket.... and theyll meet up in the state title game.

Of course... Mountain View could be the best team at this point for all we know. A lot of football left.

Could be... Marietta.

11 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I personally think Lowndes will win Region 1-7A... which puts Lowndes & Grayson on opposite sides of the bracket.... and theyll meet up in the state title game.

Of course... Mountain View could be the best team at this point for all we know. A lot of football left.

Could be... Marietta.

Lowndes is region 1 champs! Crown 'Em! Do it quick.

2 hours ago, old_e said:

Maybe not you but preseason many of Jawjaas faithful we're sandbagging the Packers.

You don't know the personalities involved.  It is the nature of their praise, at least some of them.  Those of us that know them understand. 

22 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Colquitt and Grayson is probably the most intriguing state championship (assuming they both make it), but I don't see it happening. 

Did y'all notice how they had the same teams in the 6A, 5A, and 3A championship with the loser of last year's games winning the games this year?

That's partly because at this point in the season the numbers are biased towards last year's performance.  I think he said 53-54% right now since there is not a lot of current data to work from. Watch for the changes as the season progresses and more current data is factored in.