Prep Force: High School Football National Expert Picks – Week 2

TheRealCAJ

24 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

WTF?

Is this some kind of sophisticated meta-trolling? 

In the BIG GAMES fella. I told you the big ones. In that post I also said I struggle w the Delaware 8 man teams. Which meant the other states.

to be clear: Im not pleased with my performance so far but the ATLien is a PICK EM hero and will gain his respect 

1 minute ago, ATLien12x said:

In the BIG GAMES fella. I told you the big ones. In that post I also said I struggle w the Delaware 8 man teams. Which meant the other states.

to be clear: Im not pleased with my performance so far but the ATLien is a PICK EM hero and will gain his respect 

Yeah, I can read.

That's why I cut that part out. 

I'm still waiting to see the record. 

At this rate, I'll be drunk by the time you sober up. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Oh I haven't drank a drop :)  I'm almost finished sorry it burns slow 

I don't know what you're talking about.

But I ate these edibles two weeks ago. First time for me. I ate 3/4 of a 300mg cookie. The package told me to eat 1/10. But I thought I was a tough guy. About two hours later, I thought I was dying. Thank God my wife was there to take care of me. It was one of the worst nights of my life. 

And not my proudest moment. 

• Haha 1

Atlien, here is their week 1...

Scott Kay Zack Poff Jeff Fisher Joshua Wilson
  @PrepForce1 @MaxPreps @JeffFisherMedia @FlaHSFootball
St. John Bosco at St. Thomas Aquinas St. Thomas Aquinas St. John Bosco St. John Bosco St. Thomas Aquinas
IMG at Chandler IMG Chandler IMG IMG
Hoover at Grayson Grayson Grayson Hoover Hoover
DeMatha at Bishop Gorman Bishop Gorman Bishop Gorman Bishop Gorman Bishop Gorman
East at Bingham East East East Bingham
Trinity at Warren Central Trinity Trinity Warren Central Trinity
Cass Tech vs. Pickerington Central Cass Tech Cass Tech Cass Tech Cass Tech
American Heritage at Bishop Sullivan American Heritage American Heritage American Heritage American Heritage
Saguaro at Liberty Saguaro Saguaro Saguaro Liberty
Serra at Narbonne Serra Narbonne Narbonne Serra

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think I'm 8-2 after their week 1. 

I will admit that I took a swing too though, in an attempt to make up ground after a not so good week 0 start. I would have went with BG over DeMatha if I wasn't playing against so many guys that went the other way or I could have been 9-1.

I am 9-1 after their week 1. 

I only missed the BG-DeMatha game out of their selection of games. 

I am 9-1 after their week 1. 

I only missed the BG-DeMatha game out of their selection of games. 

So we have at least 3 regular posters who are outperforming the "experts" who publish widely-read polls. 

Let's be fair and see how it goes as the season progresses. 

• Like 1

Just now, Belly Bob said:

So we have at least 3 regular posters who are outperforming the "experts" who publish widely-read polls. 

Let's see how it goes as the season progresses. 

I agree. I like that idea, as it adds an additional element of competition to it... although, over here in the HSFB "ghettos", we don't really consider them the competition. Our competition is each other. Those guys over there are amateurs! Amateurs I tell ya! 

Whippersnappers! 

Image result for whippersnapper meme

8 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I had to do a recount. I went with Saguaro on the Liberty-Saguaro game. I was right in my first post that I was 8-2.

This is why we let THS keep our scores. Wishful thinking garnered me one additional game haha.

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I agree. I like that idea, as it adds an additional element of competition to it... although, over here in the HSFB "ghettos", we don't really consider them the competition. Our competition is each other. Those guys over there are amateurs! Amateurs I tell ya! 

Whippersnappers! 

The only expert retired and never lost

and was the only one to beat the computer every year LOL

• Like 1

Whippersnappers! 

But if we can build a record of outperforming the experts, then we (or someone or other around here) can make a convincing case that our site (I'll include myself even though I've done nothing to earn it) has the best poll around.

An then...

I don't know. I ran out of steam.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

But if we can build a record of outperforming the experts, then we (or someone or other around here) can make a convincing case that our site (I'll include myself even though I've done nothing to earn it) has the best poll around.

An then...

I don't know. I ran out of steam.

It's a good idea. Anything to gain traction in the "rankings" business could be helpful for the fledgling PrepGridiron Reader's Poll.

Somehow, I feel like if we ever can win over AZjimbo, we will have arrived on the scene. 

25 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I don't know what you're talking about.

But I ate these edibles two weeks ago. First time for me. I ate 3/4 of a 300mg cookie. The package told me to eat 1/10. But I thought I was a tough guy. About two hours later, I thought I was dying. Thank God my wife was there to take care of me. It was one of the worst nights of my life. 

And not my proudest moment. 

Man I don't have much experience w those to be honest. Not as easily accessible in Georgia obviously and I much prefer the satisfaction of a blunt 

but it sounds awesome and I need to get me a 300mg cookie and eat it 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Man I don't have much experience w those to be honest. Not as easily accessible in Georgia obviously and I much prefer the satisfaction of a blunt 

but it sounds awesome and I need to get me a 300mg cookie and eat it 

Well, don't be a stranger if you ever find yourself in the middle of IN. 

11 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

You can add me to the outperformer list as well. It's likely half the board can out pick these self proclaimed gurus.

I really hope these dudettes are reading this thread. They should know where they stand, which is at the bottom.

10 hours ago, 954gator said:

7-3.   Went with the big underdog in DM, then had Cass and East (fell for the East hype).   

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Was 7-3 in their 1st round ... lost Serra, East, & St. John Bosco

Will keep tabs in Week 3

IMO, the MaxPreps guy is gonna lose.

6 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

You can add me to the outperformer list as well. It's likely half the board can out pick these self proclaimed gurus.

I really hope these dudettes are reading this thread. They should know where they stand, which is at the bottom.

So what are we up to now, 5 or 6 regular posters who are outperforming the professionals?

It has only been a week. 

But when half of the "experts" pick Cen10 over IMG, I can't help but expect the gap to widen as the season progresses.