Division 1: St. John's Prep 13 Springfield Central 0

Division 2: Catholic Memorial 27 King Philip 7

Division 3: Wakefield 34 Milton 28

Division 4: Duxbury 42 Grafton 7

Division 5: North Reading 44 Shawsheen 28

Division 6: St. Mary's 29 Stoneham 8

Division 7: West Boylston 29 St. Bernard's 6

Division 8: Hull 27 KIPP Academy 6

CM the only repeat champion. Not many tight games.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, MA Fan said:

MaxPreps has CM hosting Forest Park (VA) on 9/16. @Adam Kurkjian do you know if this is a real game? Forest Park is just an average public school team, surprised they would be making a trip like that.

That's not final yet. I know there have been discussions, but CM has had a lot of discussions and everything has fallen through.

CM should be good, but not as good as this year. I'd expect they'd win this game if it's played though.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2023 at 9:25 PM, Adam Kurkjian said:

Boston College offers CM OL Brandon Sullivan. Great IOL prospect. Newman will have an advantage at the skills, but CM a will either be even or better up front.

Although they'll be young at the skill positions they seem to have a lot of veterans in the trenches. Any feeling on where Lambert ends up? He has all of the big dogs trying to get him.

On 6/24/2023 at 11:27 PM, mahsfan76 said:

Although they'll be young at the skill positions they seem to have a lot of veterans in the trenches. Any feeling on where Lambert ends up? He has all of the big dogs trying to get him.

Yes, CM will be good up front. I’m not sure where Lambert ends up. He has kept things super close to the vest.

• 3 weeks later...

As we round into 7on7 season, here's how it's looking for the contenders for the preseason No. 1 team in Mass.

MIAA teams

Catholic Memorial — Lost I think seven D1 kids, but returns probably the best OL in the state and some good, young talent.

King Philip — Good line play, and the quarterback is very underrated.

St. John's Prep — Like CM, lost a talented senior class, but strong line play and the front seven should be strong.

Springfield Central — Lost maybe its best class ever, but the junior class is outstanding.

Xaverian — Returns a Michigan State-bound QB, and two D1 receivers.

NEPSAC teams

BB&N — The Knights should be very good, and have a playmaking RB in Bo MacCormack.

Deerfield — Returns a D1 QB and should be better than last year.

Dexter — A talented OL and has an experienced roster.

Milton Academy — Got some good transfers, and has a D1 QB.

Williston Northampton — A pretty deep, talented squad.

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

NB, where do you think Newman stacks up in Florida this season?

I haven’t seen anything on them this spring or summer but As long as Jack Daniels is the coach they will be formidable. He is a hall of fame coach (future) with 2 state titles at Dwyer. He beat STA a few times in the playoffs. He is able to get the studs from around the area. Dwyer always had impact players from around town. 

He took over in 2021 after they went 4-4. Immediately they turn it around and go 9-4 followed by last years 11-1 season. That tells me he’s got them going in the right direction and is picking up where he left off at Dwyer in terms of having his teams consistently compete at a high level 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, MA Fan said:

CM took it to Mansfield tonight. Returned the opening kickoff for a touchdown, pick six on Mansfield's first possession, and when the CM offense finally got on the field they scored a 90-yard touchdown on the first play. 41-14 final but it was 34-0 early in the second quarter.

Tough night for the Hornets.