Denver sweeps LeBron I love it.

HooverOutlaw

3 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

One caveat to your post is the Lakers never drafted Wilt, Kareem, or Shaq . They were able to win titles with all of them, including Lebron. They even tried it with Howard, and Gasol put them over the hump. So the Lakers it appears, won all their post George Mikan titles due to opportunistic trades .

Do you think they would have won those titles without drafting Magic or Kobe? I don’t count Lebrons bubble title. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

Do you think they would have won those titles without drafting Magic or Kobe? I don’t count Lebrons bubble title. 

No, but they wouldn't have won without Supreme, Shaq, or Wilt, or Gasol.  Lets take Gasol for instance. Lakers were floundering mid season when they got Gasol. They were hoping for Bynum, but he was injured. Gasol immediately turned that team around and they went to the finals, only to be schooled by the celtic's. Next season, Lakers made it to finals again against superman Howard and Orlando. Everyone, including Magic Johnson thought before the series that Howard was unstoppable. Gasol schooled Howard so bad in the finals that Magic Johnson  made the comment as such " I think Howard needs to go back and learn the fundamentals ". I know the media gave Kobe MVP and all for the series, but from ,my point of view, it was Gasol the MVP in that series. The next season when the Lakers beat the celtics in that 7 game series, the real mvp was the emergence of Bynum , not Kobe, as he was dominant in the middle . Same thing for Magic his first season with Lakers. Kareem had a resurgence that season due to Magic, and he was like the Karreem of old. Again, they gave the finals MVP to Magic because of that game 6 performance vs Phila without Kareem, but Kareem was unstoppable that series averaging 33 pts a game and no way do the Lakers sniff a title without him

3 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

I also dug Bob McAdoo and his high white socks.  He was an assassin offensively in his prime and lent a helping hand of scoring as a Laker.  I was so psyched as a kid when he was a Knickerbocker.  

Lakers always made smart moves brining in talent. They brought in Kupchak, Orlando Woolridge to name some others that helped them win titles. Even Spencer Haywood

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

If you think about it; it could’ve been harder to win.

No home court, no ref bias. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I guess you’re right.

That’s why are takes on it are called opinions not facts. That’s why my opinion is that they are Bubble champions and not NBA champions. See how that works, now you try it.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

No, but they wouldn't have won without Supreme, Shaq, or Wilt, or Gasol.  Lets take Gasol for instance. Lakers were floundering mid season when they got Gasol. They were hoping for Bynum, but he was injured. Gasol immediately turned that team around and they went to the finals, only to be schooled by the celtic's. Next season, Lakers made it to finals again against superman Howard and Orlando. Everyone, including Magic Johnson thought before the series that Howard was unstoppable. Gasol schooled Howard so bad in the finals that Magic Johnson  made the comment as such " I think Howard needs to go back and learn the fundamentals ". I know the media gave Kobe MVP and all for the series, but from ,my point of view, it was Gasol the MVP in that series. The next season when the Lakers beat the celtics in that 7 game series, the real mvp was the emergence of Bynum , not Kobe, as he was dominant in the middle . Same thing for Magic his first season with Lakers. Kareem had a resurgence that season due to Magic, and he was like the Karreem of old. Again, they gave the finals MVP to Magic because of that game 6 performance vs Phila without Kareem, but Kareem was unstoppable that series averaging 33 pts a game and no way do the Lakers sniff a title without him

Andrew Bynum was Drafted by The Lakers, he was not Kobe’s Buddy that Kobe Demanded be brought onto the team to form a superteam and Certainly when the Lakers got Pau Gasol, no one called them a “Superteam”….

Magic Johnson, James Worthy, Michael Cooper and Byron Scott were all drafted by the Lakers…. They were not all Kareem’s Buddies that forced their way into a “Superteam”….

Those were great teams put together by great management of the Greatest NBA franchise in history….

And Shaq and Kobe were not a “Superteam” they became one by winning 3 straight titles…. When the Lakers tried that with Payton and Malone, they lost….

Superteams are Bad for the NBA and they don’t work… You need to draft great players and make strategic trades that don’t cripple the franchise for players that are committed to the Franchise and fans to build a great, dynastic team… 

Not franchise jumpers that only care about themselves and their ego’s like Lebron James….

7 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Probably worthless title.

Just like The Dodgers…. To call yourself “Champions” after a 60 game season is just a joke…. It’ roughly 1/3 of a normal season and players wear down, get hurt, pitchers get tired, etc…

The funniest thing is The Dodgers have proved that point!… Since 2017 the Dodgers have won 100 games an incredible 5 Times and they did not win the WS in any of those years…

Since 1965 The Dodgers have won 3 World Series, only 1 in 1988 was in a Full season as 1981 was only 80 games due to a strike….

So yes, Bubble or any significantly shortened season shouldn’t count… 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

Just like The Dodgers…. To call yourself “Champions” after a 60 game season is just a joke…. It’ roughly 1/3 of a normal season and players wear down, get hurt, pitchers get tired, etc…

The funniest thing is The Dodgers have proved that point!… Since 2017 the Dodgers have won 100 games an incredible 5 Times and they did not win the WS in any of those years…

Since 1965 The Dodgers have won 3 World Series, only 1 in 1988 was in a Full season as 1981 was only 80 games due to a strike….

That is fair.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

The Montreal Expos had some quality talent and 1981 was likely their best, taking the Dodgers to the limit.  

• Like 1

Game 5 tonight, Heat @ Boston.  If it gets to 3-2, it will be quite interesting in Miami for game 6.  

Has any team come back from 3-0 in a conf finals?  

Panthers are in the Stanley Cup Finals.  I’m not a band wagoner… haven’t rooted for them since my son was younger.  I’m a Rangers fan.  

Same with Heat, although because my daughter’s bf is a Heat fan (my daughter of course now also) I’m watching more.   Jimmy “Buckets” is fun to watch.  

10 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

Andrew Bynum was Drafted by The Lakers, he was not Kobe’s Buddy that Kobe Demanded be brought onto the team to form a superteam and Certainly when the Lakers got Pau Gasol, no one called them a “Superteam”….

Magic Johnson, James Worthy, Michael Cooper and Byron Scott were all drafted by the Lakers…. They were not all Kareem’s Buddies that forced their way into a “Superteam”….

Those were great teams put together by great management of the Greatest NBA franchise in history….

And Shaq and Kobe were not a “Superteam” they became one by winning 3 straight titles…. When the Lakers tried that with Payton and Malone, they lost….

Superteams are Bad for the NBA and they don’t work… You need to draft great players and make strategic trades that don’t cripple the franchise for players that are committed to the Franchise and fans to build a great, dynastic team… 

Not franchise jumpers that only care about themselves and their ego’s like Lebron James….

The first super team defined by you as people like Lebron, was the 68-69 Lakers when they got Wilt to join Baylor and West. They still couldn't get it done against a Last dance celtic team, who finished 4th in the eastern conference that season

On 5/23/2023 at 11:16 AM, Nolebull813 said:

Plus Jordan played better defense. 

Who was Jordan guarding that we say his defense was great? He didn't guard Reggie. He couldn't check Magic because Magic punished him and they had to put Scotty on him. He couldn't guard Barkley. Clyde Drexler had no left hand whatsoever. John Starks?

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

The first super team defined by you as people like Lebron, was the 68-69 Lakers when they got Wilt to join Baylor and West. They still couldn't get it done against a Last dance celtic team, who finished 4th in the eastern conference that season

How was Wilt Acquired was it via trade because his prior team couldn’t afford him anymore?…. Or did Wilt, Jerry West and Baylor all get together and say we are all going to the Lakers to win a title?…. 

That is my point, what Lebron does is play GM and put together the team HE wants, with HIS buddies, and if he doesn’t get what HE wants HE holds the team hostage with the threat of leaving and eventually Bolts for another team leaving the Franchise in the gutter…. 

How did Lebron Forcing the Lakers to acquire Russell Westbrook work out?… Once the lakers GM was able to do his job without Lebron’s interference, he fixed all Lebron’s mistakes and put together a team that made the conference finals…. 

Look at what KD and Kyrie did to Brooklyn…. “We don’t Need a Coach, it’s a Collaboration”…. How did that one work out?…. 🤣

Players get paid $100+ Million Dollar Contracts to play Basketball, Not be the GM and Coach…. If players don’t like the Coach or GM then don’t take the money….

Otherwise, just go out and play Basketball for the Fans and the City you play in, cash your checks, take care of your family, and enjoy the lifestyle that very few people get the privilege of living and stop ruining the game for the fans who are the most important part of it all anyway….

13 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

And now the Lakers are going to try and get Kyrie and any chance of rebuilding to try and chase another championship. In 3 years they will be in last place while kicking themselves for drafting Bronny James who is now in the G league.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

How was Wilt Acquired was it via trade because his prior team couldn’t afford him anymore?…. Or did Wilt, Jerry West and Baylor all get together and say we are all going to the Lakers to win a title?…. 

That is my point, what Lebron does is play GM and put together the team HE wants, with HIS buddies, and if he doesn’t get what HE wants HE holds the team hostage with the threat of leaving and eventually Bolts for another team leaving the Franchise in the gutter…. 

How did Lebron Forcing the Lakers to acquire Russell Westbrook work out?… Once the lakers GM was able to do his job without Lebron’s interference, he fixed all Lebron’s mistakes and put together a team that made the conference finals…. 

Look at what KD and Kyrie did to Brooklyn…. “We don’t Need a Coach, it’s a Collaboration”…. How did that one work out?…. 🤣

Players get paid $100+ Million Dollar Contracts to play Basketball, Not be the GM and Coach…. If players don’t like the Coach or GM then don’t take the money….

Otherwise, just go out and play Basketball for the Fans and the City you play in, cash your checks, take care of your family, and enjoy the lifestyle that very few people get the privilege of living and stop ruining the game for the fans who are the most important part of it all anyway….

The league today is way down . Last year I couldn't believe how terrible the western conference was compared to what it use to be. Sub marginal teams . Warriors were no where near what they used to be , yet they cruised through the west, and playing no defense at all . The whole league, outside of a couple of east coast teams, don't really play defense anymore. I mean team defense. As good as jocik is offensively, he is that bad defensively. Teams don't know how to block out under the boards, etc. Lakers Lebron and AD can play defense, but when there was a switch off, denver was just cutting them to pieces . No help at all .  As Phil Jackson said he doesn't even watch the game anymore . Too much money and entitlement . Kind of reflection of what society is today

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

The league today is way down . Last year I couldn't believe how terrible the western conference was compared to what it use to be. Sub marginal teams . Warriors were no where near what they used to be , yet they cruised through the west, and playing no defense at all . The whole league, outside of a couple of east coast teams, don't really play defense anymore. I mean team defense. As good as jocik is offensively, he is that bad defensively. Teams don't know how to block out under the boards, etc. Lakers Lebron and AD can play defense, but when there was a switch off, denver was just cutting them to pieces . No help at all .  As Phil Jackson said he doesn't even watch the game anymore . Too much money and entitlement . Kind of reflection of what society is today

Agree!…. Lebron has ruined the NBA…

And so has the Salary cap where you can’t even keep the players you drafted and developed anymore without decimating your team….