East St. Louis 13 Saint Frances Academy 7 Final

MA Fan

49 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

and they still have to play SJB, MD and IMG..  The thing about sponsorship money,, you have to win.. Overrated players based on hype and Coach Messay is what he was before Poggi...Terrible,,  

Unlike some of the schools that have benefited from transfers (recruited or otherwise), the other schools can and have stood on their own without the success of the football team (outside of IMG but that's an ENTIRELY different animal/discussion).  

They've already had one player transfer out after last week and you wonder if more players may forgo all the travel if they're not going to be competitive.

6 minutes ago, pied said:

Teams can have off games, but following that up with the egg last week was something you couldn't write off imo.

I listened to what everyone was saying about maybe them thinking they could just show up and win, but Frances still didn’t look good at all in their 1st game. So many penalties and undisciplined mistakes.

Then, Chaminade dominated their game and that was the nail in the coffin. 

If they can’t even compete with strong public schools, they have no business playing MD, SJB or IMG 

They look absolutely horrible this season 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

I listened to what everyone was saying about maybe them thinking they could just show up and win, but Frances still didn’t look good at all in their 1st game. So many penalties and undisciplined mistakes.

Then, Chaminade dominated their game and that was the nail in the coffin. 

If they can’t even compete with strong public schools, they have no business playing MD, SJB or IMG 

They look absolutely horrible this season 

I think we could be looking at the end of the road for SFA football on a national level.  They only play for national titles and getting top quality players from here on out to transfer will be tough. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I think we could be looking at the end of the road for SFA football on a national level.  They only play for national titles and getting top quality players from here on out to transfer will be tough. 

I think the school has been positive for many students.  As you said, and I alluded to earlier the wheels could fall off without a very strong foundation and I'm not suer they have everything they need in place.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Wow

It’s so abrupt too, one season they’re beating IMG and competing with Aquinas, now they’re on the brink of collapse 😕

It is kind of crazy, and sad to witness.