Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

Aight... I feel pretty lucky to get some real deal west coast type brews over here in southwest Georgia. Gotta share these because they're super limited. One keg was made of each. 

They turned out a bad ass double IPA. I guess it's called Pretoria Fields Double IPA. 8.2% ABV Kevin's description on it is "Piney, Stonefruit, Dank" 

I'll agree and throw in that it's a bit more complex than just that. Nice carbonation and finish for a double. Maybe even just a little hint of toasty like a stout. I hope it makes it for production. Damn good stuff!20190309_135200.thumb.jpg.cdef6111cbeab711d8f1a56b739e1cce.jpg

Then I tried the Pretoria Fields Hazy Brett IPA 6.2% ABV with Kevin's description being "Tropical, Funky, Citrus" 

Idk about funky, whatever that tastes like. Haha. Tropical and citrus definitely fits the bill though. 

20190309_134034.thumb.jpg.3858210913fa51eb6751700069b72213.jpg

Damn! This brewery has got to add some tanks and expand soon. They only sell to outside stores 5 brews. They keep kicking out these limited runs of such great stuff but a keg or two and they're gone. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Aight... I feel pretty lucky to get some real deal west coast type brews over here in southwest Georgia. Gotta share these because they're super limited. One keg was made of each. 

They turned out a bad ass double IPA. I guess it's called Pretoria Fields Double IPA. 8.2% ABV Kevin's description on it is "Piney, Stonefruit, Dank" 

I'll agree and throw in that it's a bit more complex than just that. Nice carbonation and finish for a double. Maybe even just a little hint of toasty like a stout. I hope it makes it for production. Damn good stuff!20190309_135200.thumb.jpg.cdef6111cbeab711d8f1a56b739e1cce.jpg

Then I tried the Pretoria Fields Hazy Brett IPA 6.2% ABV with Kevin's description being "Tropical, Funky, Citrus" 

Idk about funky, whatever that tastes like. Haha. Tropical and citrus definitely fits the bill though. 

20190309_134034.thumb.jpg.3858210913fa51eb6751700069b72213.jpg

Damn! This brewery has got to add some tanks and expand soon. They only sell to outside stores 5 brews. They keep kicking out these limited runs of such great stuff but a keg or two and they're gone. 

You have done a damn good job of advertising for Pretoria Fields. If ever I'm in southern Georgia I'll definitely visit 

• Like 3

B5C84D2B-7657-4C1A-AA51-AFC6C99E9A17.thumb.jpeg.ab2bea0031edf725d6fcfbff9ce6360e.jpeg

This is the newest Beer from Russian River Brewing Called “Mind Cricus” IPA.....

It is killer, Super Smooth and Juicy.... It is so easy to drink that their may be quite a Circus going on in my mind later!!...🤣

Next to Pliny the Younger this is the Best Beer I have had from Russian River Brewing!...🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

You have done a damn good job of advertising for Pretoria Fields. If ever I'm in southern Georgia I'll definitely visit 

So have you with Listermann. 

I'll say this, I'll be super disappointed if you head south and miss a shot at some Rye Charles or Walkers Station Stout. My treat if you do make it this way. 

Idk. I'm pretty proud that we have such a great spot down here with world class brewers creating these beers. The head brewer, Kevin came down here from BlueJacket in D.C. and the brew master Eric of course was the head brewer of Russian River on the west coast.

They introduced 5 brews yesterday. I missed out on 3. They sold those three all last night. A satsouma bright that was like 7.4% that I really wanted to try. Had no idea it would sell in one evening though. Something with strawberries, maybe a gose, idk because I never saw it and an Irish red. 

I think they're becoming like Russian River with a cult following, where you need to be in the know and catch their special stuff like RR's Pliny the Younger, the day of.  I was in the know and still missed some of rhe releases! Like 15 hours late. 

I tried my damnedest to get a crowler of the double IPA today. No joy. And here I thought I was special! Hahaha. I should have took in a jug and just kept buying pints and pouring them in. After two I couldn't think of smart stuff like that idea though. xD

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

B5C84D2B-7657-4C1A-AA51-AFC6C99E9A17.thumb.jpeg.ab2bea0031edf725d6fcfbff9ce6360e.jpeg

This is the newest Beer from Russian River Brewing Called “Mind Cricus” IPA.....

It is killer, Super Smooth and Juicy.... It is so easy to drink that their may be quite a Circus going on in my mind later!!...🤣

Next to Pliny the Younger this is the Best Beer I have had from Russian River Brewing!...🙂

I need to try that. Tempted to take a drive over to RRB and get a pint tonight or tomorrow!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

I need to try that. Tempted to take a drive over to RRB and get a pint tonight or tomorrow!

It’s worth it!...🙂.... You don’t  live to far from their do you?... I know you posted from the Brewery Before....🙂

I havent been there yet... The funny thing is I used to go up that way often because a bunch of my College Friends were from that area... They all Live in Sac, So Cal or the Bay Area now!!!....

I am lucky to have some really great Tap Room spots by where I live in The East Bay... Walking or very cheap Uber Distance!!!...🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

It’s worth it!...🙂.... You don’t  live to far from their do you?... I know you posted from the Brewery Before....🙂

I havent been there yet... The funny thing is I used to go up that way often because a bunch of my College Friends were from that area... They all Live in Sac, So Cal or the Bay Area now!!!....

I am lucky to have some really great Tap Room spots by where I live in The East Bay... Walking or very cheap Uber Distance!!!...🤣

Yeah about 10 minutes from the Santa Rosa Brewey and about 20 from the new one in Windsor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

@THEOC89

Was just at the store. Have you tried any of these? The Pour Decisions is 11%. But name seems fitting for me. Will prob grab one or more of them.

39A6B2F0-5F97-4547-8E52-3FB6EED2C7FD.jpeg

Ha!!!... Pour Decisions!!... Perfect!!!... Drink one for me Brother!!!....🤣🤣

I have had the Tahoe Haze!... Revision must be upping their production because I am seeing them more and more!...

I had. “Hangry” Triple IPA from them Today as well!!... Great Brewery,!!!...🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Coletrain06 said:

Here's some Listermann

They had 2 versions of this take on a root beer float......regular and rocky road. Both were very good.

download.jpeg

Hank the Dumpster Kitty was good also

Dyvi26fUYAAFuKK.jpg

“Hank the Dumpster Kitty”....🤣🤣🤣

That could be the Greatest Beer Name Ever!!!!.... All those Beers sound Awesome!... wish we could get them out here in Cali!!!.... 🙂

On 3/9/2019 at 2:34 PM, THEOC89 said:

Went up to the Windsor RRB and didn’t see Mind Circus on the board? I just went with the standby  Redemption. Also had a Little White Lie (outstanding) and a taster of the O40She’s So Italian a kettle sour (don't love sours, so not my favorite).

7CE861FF-B4D9-463F-8274-FA218C8563AE.jpeg

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

In reverence to St. Paddys day, Listermann brewed a batch of Shamrock Shake - Pot O' Gold edition..........they brewed it with actual Lucky Charms cereal lol.

It's pretty darn good too. Tastes like a sweet Marshallowy/Oat just like the cereal

20190315_230113.jpg

20190315_230136.jpg

Intriguing, not a big cereal fan, but a huge beer fan. Ah F it! I’d drink it......who am I kidding.

• Haha 1

Well, no secret because I already said somewhere else as I was spitting my beer out laughing at Doug Howell...

I was at an Albany Symphony Orchestra Fundraiser tonight at Pretoria Fields. 3rd Annual St. Patrick's Day Celebration. 

Had a friggen spectacular time!

20190315_173547.thumb.jpg.0515c3fe25ef168c919a4f6113860c30.jpg

I'm no Kyler Murray, but, I was still welcome. @DevilDog

Enjoyed some traditional Irish Fare. 

20190315_182938.thumb.jpg.2d3c1b2f6948b991169960301c61e40d.jpg

There was a world class bag piper there. Retired Marine, who is now the director of the Albany YMCA. Said he never thought he would retire here as an Ohioan, but, here he is. He can say y'all and pull it off! Un-friggen-believable from an Ohioan. Lol

Started to shotgun the Crowler. 32oz. Of Rye Charles in 5 seconds... Idk. Lol15527086973707109143189297925008.jpg

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Not really beer related, but... You once posted some Pabst Blue Ribbon. 

Have you seen that Pabst created a whiskey? The claim is "aged 5 seconds" lol

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.maxim.com/.amp/food-drink/pabst-blue-ribbon-pbr-whiskey-2019-3

Gotta say... I'm actually a little intrigued by the prospect. 

Still liking the Michter's at the moment and not thinking Pabst is gonna be close, but, probably will buy... Just because 

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Not really beer related, but... You onxe posted some Pabst Blue Ribbon. 

Have you seen that Pabst created a whiskey? The claim is "aged 5 seconds" lol

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.maxim.com/.amp/food-drink/pabstblue-ribbon-pbr-whiskey-2019-3

Gotta say... I'm actually a little intrigued by the prospect. 

Still liking the Michter's at the moment and not thinking Pabst is gonna be close, but, probably will buy... Just because 

Aged 5 seconds? So the whole process for a bottle is less than a minute. About 45-50 seconds to piss in the bottle, then aged for 5 more seconds.  

It took me months to knock back that 30 pack. Might take me a year to finish one of those handles.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Aged 5 seconds? So the whole process for a bottle is less than a minute. About 45-50 seconds to piss in the bottle, then aged for 5 more seconds.  

It took me months to knock back that 30 pack. Might take me a year to finish one of those handles.

Hahaha. 5 whole seconds! 

LOL

Also... shoulda tried salt around the rim and that 30 pack woulda went quicker. 

18 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Hahaha. 5 whole seconds! 

LOL

Also... shoulda tried salt around the rim and that 30 pack woulda went quicker. 

I actually did have a few w/ salt and a lime. I even tried a few dirty and threw some olive juice in with it. Yep still was panther piss!!

• Haha 1

On 3/16/2019 at 12:34 AM, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, no secret because I already said somewhere else as I was spitting my beer out laughing at Doug Howell...

I was at an Albany Symphony Orchestra Fundraiser tonight at Pretoria Fields. 3rd Annual St. Patrick's Day Celebration. 

Had a friggen spectacular time!

20190315_173547.thumb.jpg.0515c3fe25ef168c919a4f6113860c30.jpg

I'm no Kyler Murray, but, I was still welcome. @DevilDog

Enjoyed some traditional Irish Fare. 

20190315_182938.thumb.jpg.2d3c1b2f6948b991169960301c61e40d.jpg

There was a world class bag piper there. Retired Marine, who is now the director of the Albany YMCA. Said he never thought he would retire here as an Ohioan, but, here he is. He can say y'all and pull it off! Un-friggen-believable from an Ohioan. Lol

Started to shotgun the Crowler. 32oz. Of Rye Charles in 5 seconds... Idk. Lol15527086973707109143189297925008.jpg

Kangaroo 🦘 for lunch 🍴 

CD64A3DD-5C77-460B-A861-D4BABCC66DAE.jpeg

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Kangaroo 🦘 for lunch 🍴 

CD64A3DD-5C77-460B-A861-D4BABCC66DAE.jpeg

Don't think I could eat the Kangaroo, and jackalope isn't even a real thing. 

Everything else I'd give a shot.

I'd be careful at that place if they're offering jackalope. The roo may be warf rat and etc. on the other stuff.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1