Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

17 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Don't think I could eat the Kangaroo, and jackalope isn't even a real thing. 

Everything else I'd give a shot.

I'd be careful at that place if they're offering jackalope. The roo may be warf rat and etc. on the other stuff.

Wat

the 

fuck

how this dude advertising a fake mythical creature meat .

wait till I go back , 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Cossacks said:

933F5006-F034-462E-95A2-07C953A0D74E.jpeg

49 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Dude.... It’s only Wednesday?!?!....🤣🤣

Aren’t Bloodies for the Weekend???...🤣

Never had a bloody. What's the rules on how to attack that sumbitch? 

Do you eat the bacon first? Or do you sip through the straw and use the bacon to stir some before eating it? 

I feel like these are important questions. In the future I may need to start drinking those things on gamedays instead of beers.

• Haha 2

On 3/18/2019 at 12:17 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

Don't think I could eat the Kangaroo, and jackalope isn't even a real thing. 

Everything else I'd give a shot.

I'd be careful at that place if they're offering jackalope. The roo may be warf rat and etc. on the other stuff.

Okay I went back to confront the guy he was like ur in idiot in nice words... he said of course it’s fake that’s not real animal.. he said it’s a mix of rabbit and antelope or yak or some crazy thing.... then he invited me back to taste the Zebra 🦓 and Camel 🐫 when it’s ready 

2F9F4FBC-B0D1-48E9-A144-629F310EA45C.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Never had a bloody. What's the rules on how to attack that sumbitch? 

Do you eat the bacon first? Or do you sip through the straw and use the bacon to stir some before eating it? 

I feel like these are important questions. In the future I may need to start drinking those things on gamedays instead of beers.

Always have gone towards them, my old man makes great ones and taught me how to make them in high school.

I went to a parade this past Fourth of July and the bar I had a few at made a bad batch and I paid the piper big time! Haven’t been able to hop back on the horse since. Had to get over it and overcome my fears and went extra spicy as usual.

@HawgGoneIt drink with the straw, but gotta also hit the rIm for the seasoned salt and pull out that  bacon halfway through after it’s marinated a bit!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cossacks said:

Always have gone towards them, my old man makes great ones and taught me how to make them in high school.

I went to a parade this past Fourth of July and the bar I had a few at made a bad batch and I paid the piper big time! Haven’t been able to hop back on the horse since. Had to get over it and overcome my fears and went extra soixy as usual.

@HawgGoneIt drink with the straw, but gotta also hit the rIm for the seasoned salt and pull out that  bacon halfway through after it’s marinated a bit!

This is good info. See, I'd have fucked it all up. Probably would have thrown the straw away, ate the hell out of the bacon and guzzled the drink only getting a little of the salt. Hahaha

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Bro do you go to the same place every time .. God

mix it up once and a forever 

That was from the other night when I was there. Just thought it was funny that they sang route 66 and Cossacks was talking about it. 

Also, my area isn't just steeped with good breweries. I have been planning a day trip over to Omaha Brewing Co. though. They have some decent beers. 

Only problem is, I have to drive by PF to go there. My truck may try hooking that right automatically.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

That was from the other night when I was there. Just thought it was funny that they sang route 66 and Cossacks was talking about it. 

Also, my area isn't just steeped with good breweries. I have been planning a day trip over to Omaha Brewing Co. though. They have some decent beers. 

Only problem is, I have to drive by PF to go there. My truck may try hooking that right automatically.

We gotta get you out here for some brewery tours. STA/DLS week come out and since you technically are a emoloyee, @PrepGridiron can put it on the “Varsity Board” expense account to comp it 😀

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

We gotta get you out here for some brewery tours. STA/DLS week come out and since you technically are a emoloyee, @PrepGridiron can put it on the “Varsity Board” expense account to comp it 😀

That would be awesome no doubt. Definitely gonna have to try Russian River out at least once before I kill over. 

Haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

That would be awesome no doubt. Definitely gonna have to try Russian River out at least once before I kill over. 

Haha

For sure, we will do a whole north bay brewery tour!

• Like 1

Last Saturday went down to Urban Artifact brewery. Its in an old Catholic church.

Urban Artifact makes almost exclusively fruity sour beers......walked in saw everyone drinking a green smoothie looking beer..... It was a Peach Parfait with Chlorophyll added to make it green....asked what a "Parfait" beer was.....said it was a fruity beer, but the fruit was added after it was already brewed. It was one of the best beers I've ever had. Tasted just like a healthy smoothie.  Check out the pics of this beer......https://untappd.com/b/urban-artifact-green-peach-parfait/3129945/photos

Went directly across the street to a new startup brewery called Humble Monk brewery. Their beers all sucked and the venue needed some work so we left. 

Yesterday went to Weidemann brewery. Lots of Bohemian brews. All very good. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Last Saturday went down to Urban Artifact brewery. Its in an old Catholic church.

Urban Artifact makes almost exclusively fruity sour beers......walked in saw everyone drinking a green smoothie looking beer..... It was a Peach Parfait with Chlorophyll added to make it green....asked what a "Parfait" beer was.....said it was a fruity beer, but the fruit was added after it was already brewed. It was one of the best beers I've ever had. Tasted just like a healthy smoothie.  Check out the pics of this beer......https://untappd.com/b/urban-artifact-green-peach-parfait/3129945/photos

Went directly across the street to a new startup brewery called Humble Monk brewery. Their beers all sucked and the venue needed some work so we left. 

Yesterday went to Weidemann brewery. Lots of Bohemian brews. All very good. 

Wait til I show the brewer at PF this parfait brew! 

Lol. 

Has anyone else noticed that the atmosphere and stuff in the tasting rooms definitely makes the beer better or worse. 

Stuff like how the pour is when they hand it to you makes a difference to me. Maybe I'm weird but, I love looking at the beer with bubbles still swirling in the glass when they hand it over with about one inch of head. 

Dammit man. I'm thirsty! Hahaha

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Wait til I show the brewer at PF this parfait brew! 

Lol. 

Haha, yea Urban Artifact is well represented here. You can find most of their beers all over the city. 

The Northside neighborhood is an old neighborhood with the artists/musicians and eclectic/indie group of folks who kinda walk that line between hipster and hippy. Thus they are big into natural ingredients and all that jazz.

Apparently they have a new parfait beer every Saturday afternoon.

• Like 1