Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

Pretoria Fields Hefeweizen (limited availability)

20190406_161112.thumb.jpg.df8ed83d1670f714d06a6e07c9171fdb.jpg

Now that's a pretty pour right there. Idc who you are. Lol.

Anyway, not generally a hefeweizen fan, but, this one is pretty damned tasty. Has just a hint of "bread" flavor to the finish. Lighter on the abv so an easy drinker. 

They keep coming with these special releases that I wish they could introduce into production full time. 

#stillwaitingonthebourbonbarrelstout

• Like 2

Went to my local dive bar with friends to watch the game.....new bartender was a bitch and actin like it was a hassle to serve us......so we left......

Now drinking a Listermann collab that tastes like breakfast pancakes or maple sausage..(because that's the best way to eat breakfast sausage)

20190408_225335.jpg

• Like 3

On 4/6/2019 at 1:18 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

Pretoria Fields Hefeweizen (limited availability)

20190406_161112.thumb.jpg.df8ed83d1670f714d06a6e07c9171fdb.jpg

Now that's a pretty pour right there. Idc who you are. Lol.

Anyway, not generally a hefeweizen fan, but, this one is pretty damned tasty. Has just a hint of "bread" flavor to the finish. Lighter on the abv so an easy drinker. 

They keep coming with these special releases that I wish they could introduce into production full time. 

#stillwaitingonthebourbonbarrelstout

That’s a good looking beer. Personally like Hefs and wheat beers, probably my favorite.

Most special releases, will be exactly that, a special release. One it creates high demand so it’s gonna be great marketing and creates a buzz for it. Usually they are much more expensive to brew and require a ton more labor. Often they use speciality ingredients, which are not available year round, so that cuts down on availability to produce.

Also most are usually a higher ABV New England double or triple IPA. Most beer drinkers won’t go to a heavy hitter like those as a everyday beer. And often times limited storage at most breweries make it hard to store.

Plus they  can be huge economic impacts. This was just from the Younger release.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/business/9429323-181/pliny-the-younger-beer-brings

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cossacks said:

That’s a good looking beer. Personally like Hefs and wheat beers, probably my favorite.

Most special releases, will be exactly that, a special release. One it creates high demand so it’s gonna be great marketing and creates a buzz for it. Usually they are much more expensive to brew and require a ton more labor. Often they use speciality ingredients, which are not available year round, so that cuts down on availability to produce.

Also most are usually a higher ABV New England double or triple IPA. Most beer drinkers won’t go to a heavy hitter like those as a everyday beer. And often times limited storage at most breweries make it hard to store.

Plus they  can be huge economic impacts. This was just from the Younger release.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/business/9429323-181/pliny-the-younger-beer-brings

I think you're right about why they're doing these special releases. I mean they can and sell about 4 brews. Recently they actually ran out of my favorite to take home. The Rye Charles IPA. I had to get crowlers because the sixers were gone for like 5 days. At least from the tap room's fridge. (I guess they're doing pretty well on sales.)

They only announce these special releases on facebook, so, I sometimes miss them due to not having a page there. I just have to check on a regular or have someone let me know. 

These special release parties usually start at opening on Friday, and by the time I can get off work and get over to the tap room, they'll already be out of at least one. Hahaha. 

Not totally sure the economic impact that these releases have on the economy in Albany whose downtown has notably struggled through the years, but, I'm not banking on it being so huge that hotels come into play yet. Maybe one day. 

• Like 1