Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

20 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Today, I was Macon Love with a blonde ale brewed with cherries. Light on the ABV at 5%,  nice red color to the liquid and pink head. Starts a little bitter but finishes with a tart snap. 

20190512_140923.thumb.jpg.da71ef26685c1d012bfb55ea09e05af6.jpg

Macon Brewing Co. probably getting a visit soon. If I'll drive a couple of hours to Omaha Brewing Co. I can drive a couple up to Macon and check out the MBC taproom and Piedmont Beer Co. also. Make a day of it by checking out the Indian mounds too. 

Win win.

The best thing about the oversaturation of the craft beer market!....anytime I go out of town there's always breweries and taprooms to check out, even in small towns.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Coletrain06 said:

The best thing about the oversaturation of the craft beer market!....anytime I go out of town there's always breweries and taprooms to check out, even in small towns.

Good point. I also think the over saturation is fine, because in the end the choices and knowledge of customers wins out. I can think of a few breweries in my area, which in the last year or so have gone tits up. I tried a few of them and their beers were not that good, so actually they just got weeded out because they didn’t produce a quality product. Its great to have a dart board of choices, because in the long run, quality is what survives in the craft beer market. A couple swinging dicks who follow their dream and brew crap will either adapt or be hanging the out of business sign. It’s a pretty smart market of consumers (with a few dooshes mixed in 😂).

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Good point. I also think the over saturation is fine, because in the end the choices and knowledge of customers wins out. I can think of a few breweries in my area, which in the last year or so have gone tits up. I tried a few of them and their beers were not that good, so actually they just got weeded out because they didn’t produce a quality product. Its great to have a dart board of choices, because in the long run, quality is what survives in the craft beer market. A couple swinging dicks who follow their dream and brew crap will either adapt or be hanging the out of business sign. It’s a pretty smart market of consumers (with a few dooshes mixed in 😂).

Agree completely. Capitalism at it's finest. We, the beer drinkers, are the true winners!

There's tons of breweries in Cincinnati. Some have world class beers, others completely suck. Some can really make up for their shitty beers with a great location/taproom/atmosphere.....and vice versa.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

I'm working on learning which breweries around me are the best. Macon Beer Company has been around since 2011 so I'm guessing they made it over the hump. 

I think I've found a reason to explore Georgia a little more either way. I've taken to mapping my day trips around breweries so I can check them out. Hell, I've even started looking for the local breweries on my oos trips as well. 

Different type of tourism. Subculture. Whatever you want to call it. 

One thing's for sure... I prefer finding out which beer I don't like on draft where I can politely walk away and finish it or not, than buying a sixer of pretty cans and throwing 5 out. Hahaha

Lord knows, there is some bad brews in pretty cans out there. 

• Like 2

Forgive me thread... for I have sinned. It has been 7 days since my last confession.

I have partaken of the craft brews without posting them here. I have posted one in the carnivores challenge thread on the OT section. It has led me to additional posting on the section and I feel dirty as if the sin is too much to bear. 

Now on this day I have partaken in the fruity IPA of Terrapin Beer Company from Athens Georgia by holding a Luau on my front porch. It's not even a game day that I know of. 

I am so ashamed but the beer was so good. It tasted of mainly oranges and hops. It went down so easily at 6.5% abv that I do wish I had bought a pair. 

I shall pop 5 bottle tops and say 7 oh yeahs as punishment. 

20190520_184718.thumb.jpg.fc4088f320f5a6de377d29522529001b.jpg

• Haha 3

Is there a game somewhere tonight? 

Idk. 

Still pulled the trigger on at least two of my punishments with the top pops and oh yeahs from my prior sinning 

20190524_214108.thumb.jpg.54bf56c52cbd0d91073afe73edb0bd44.jpg

Gentlemen... this one is a better west coast IPA than Rye Charles. I didn't think I could find another west coaster done on the beast coast that rivals the Rye Charles done by the former head brewer of Russian River,  but, whoever the person is at Wicked Weed Brewing in Ashville NC has done it. 2 down... 4 to go. 7.4% ABV. I maybe need wait to finish off this sixer. Hahaha. One time the pretty package wasn't a trick! Cheers!

• Like 1

I have to admit that I have found a couple of "sour" beers that I can stand. Still not my favorite thing, or a go to, but the berliner weisse type is bearable. Especially if it is balanced with fruit. I've only had one that was so balanced that the sour was practically hidden, and it's a limited release from.Pretoria Fields that is loaded with strawberries. 

I tried one at Back Forty back in early May and it was too sour. I tried one at Eastpoint Brewing last weekend that had mixed berries and it was too sour. I think they aren't getting enough fruit in them is all. If there is a balance with the fruit, they are pretty good. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I have to admit that I have found a couple of "sour" beers that I can stand. Still not my favorite thing, or a go to, but the berliner weisse type is bearable. Especially if it is balanced with fruit. I've only had one that was so balanced that the sour was practically hidden, and it's a limited release from.Pretiria Fields that is loaded with strawberries. 

I tried one at Back Forty back in early May and it was too sour. I tried one at Eastpoint Brewing last weekend tbat had mixed berries and it was too sour. I think they aren't getting enough fruit in them is all. If there is a balance with the fruit, they are pretty good. 

Yea I pretty much agree. Not my favorite, but since I usually always get a grab bag of beers, I try to mix up the styles and will usually grab one sour

• Like 3

6 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I have to admit that I have found a couple of "sour" beers that I can stand. Still not my favorite thing, or a go to, but the berliner weisse type is bearable. Especially if it is balanced with fruit. I've only had one that was so balanced that the sour was practically hidden, and it's a limited release from.Pretiria Fields that is loaded with strawberries. 

I tried one at Back Forty back in early May and it was too sour. I tried one at Eastpoint Brewing last weekend that had mixed berries and it was too sour. I think they aren't getting enough fruit in them is all. If there is a balance with the fruit, they are pretty good. 

1 hour ago, Coletrain06 said:

Yea I pretty much agree. Not my favorite, but since I usually always get a grab bag of beers, I try to mix up the styles and will usually grab one sour

Been trying to get on the sour train myself. Tried several and really just don’t think it’s my thing. Especially this time of year with so many good seasonal releases out, I’ll stick to what I know I like!

• Like 2

Screw the sour train! 

I'm down with this 420 Strain Mango Kush Wheat Ale from Sweet Water Brewing Co. I just got them this afternoon and this is some good ass beer. 

Kinda like a fruity Heineken or Peroni. 

Really dank. A little sticky and fruity. Idk what that shit was floating in the bottom, but, I drank it, and it was good! 

Hahaha

20190601_180216.thumb.jpg.b9d88fcd0dadaa0306a1bcc81ddb3bda.jpg

• Haha 2

C3507147-73E5-47CC-A3B2-9DAFCB67973C.thumb.jpeg.627f3bbdf59b7c9697285cd532fd5b04.jpeg

1/2 Yard of Del Cielo “Sneaky Slinkey” IPA  (7.0%) from Martinez, CA at the Yard house!!!.... Nicely Balanced IPA with a smooth citrus finish.... I may need like 4 of these to get through the Warriors Game tonight!!!...🤣🤣🤣

Go Warriors!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

On 6/1/2019 at 6:38 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

Screw the sour train! 

I'm down with this 420 Strain Mango Kush Wheat Ale from Sweet Water Brewing Co. I just got them this afternoon and this is some good ass beer. 

Kinda like a fruity Heineken or Peroni. 

Really dank. A little sticky and fruity. Idk what that shit was floating in the bottom, but, I drank it, and it was good! 

Hahaha

20190601_180216.thumb.jpg.b9d88fcd0dadaa0306a1bcc81ddb3bda.jpg

That label evokes "Let's Party"!

Mango Kush Wheat.... hmmnnn.

Drink up.

BGW

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

C3507147-73E5-47CC-A3B2-9DAFCB67973C.thumb.jpeg.627f3bbdf59b7c9697285cd532fd5b04.jpeg

1/2 Yard of Del Cielo “Sneaky Slinkey” IPA  (7.0%) from Martinez, CA at the Yard house!!!.... Nicely Balanced IPA with a smooth citrus finish.... I may need like 4 of these to get through the Warriors Game tonight!!!...🤣🤣🤣

Go Warriors!!!!!

Cool glass... is it available for purchase?

BGW

12 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

Go Warriors!!!!!

Cool glass... is it available for purchase? YUP....

https://www.amazon.com/Libbey-Craft-Brews-Half-Yard-32-ounce/dp/B000GTDMIW

BGW

• Haha 1