Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

On 6/19/2019 at 5:50 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

It has a little of that malty flavor up front but the passion fruit, orange and hops manage to come through.

The Panama Krunkles has pineapple in it but it's lost in that malty front for me. 

I bought a 20 dollar 4 pack of Evil Twin Brewing's Raceday offering as a favor to the girls where I get some of my crafts from. Some guy had them order a case then he moved and never bought any. I figured if I like it, I'll eventually buy the case up over time, but... Aloe salt and sour sour. I mangaged to knock back half a pint before my throat shut 'er down on me. Poured the other half pint down the sink. Trying to decide what to do with the remaining three. 

5 dollar beers. 

Hard to just throw them out. Maybe I'll try again another time. I have noticed that some things don't click right away, but, at the right time or whatever, something clicks and I suddenly like or appreciate it. 

I just use some of the shitty beers I get as a spritzer for my ribs and pork butt instead of apple juice. Or just use them for brats to soak in for beer brats, it shouldn’t give u the ass taste but should give a slight beer flavor.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Probably my favorite beer I've ever had. NE tiki milkshake IPA. It's a NE IPA with that sweet and smooth milkshake finish and tastes like cinnamon/chai spcies to go with the pineapple, coconut, and vanilla flavors.

20190531_225301_001.jpg

20190531_225351.jpg

Damn dude, you get after it with the desert flavors. I’m a seasonal simpleton 😂. I’ll drink those Nov-Feb with porters/stouts when it’s colder. Transition to IPA’s, wheats and lagers when it warms in March-Oct and I’m outside. May have to re-evaluate my strategy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Damn dude, you get after it with the desert flavors. I’m a seasonal simpleton 😂. I’ll drink those Nov-Feb with porters/stouts when it’s colder. Transition to IPA’s, wheats and lagers when it warms in March-Oct and I’m outside. May have to re-evaluate my strategy.

I'm just spoiled in Cincy! Listermann usually puts out 2 new beers every weekend!

These milkshake IPA's are so hard to explain if you've never had one. They're not thick like a porter/stout. They Drink like hazy IPA's, but instead of that dry/bitter finish that most IPA's have, they have this sweet and very smooth finish.

This is a perfect summer beer! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

I'm just spoiled in Cincy! Listermann usually puts out 2 new beers every weekend!

These milkshake IPA's are so hard to explain if you've never had one. They're not thick like a porter/stout. They Drink like hazy IPA's, but instead of that dry/bitter finish that most IPA's have, they have this sweet and very smooth finish.

This is a perfect summer beer! 

Are they using lactose in the boil kettle to get the "milkshake" sweet finish? 

I have not found a "milk" stout or porter that I just love like yet. 

Anyway, if you don't know the answer about the boil kettle question... Next time you're at the Listermann brewery, ask them. Blow their mind. xD

This homie hasn't started brewing just yet, but, I have been reading a lot, and shopping for home brew kits. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Anyway, if you don't know the answer about the boil kettle question... Next time you're at the Listermann brewery, ask them. Blow their mind. xD

This homie hasn't started brewing just yet, but, I have been reading a lot, and shopping for home brew kits. 

Shopping? figured all you SOWEGA sodbusters had stills out back....

BGW

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Shopping? figured all you SOWEGA sodbusters had stills out back....

BGW

I have a buddy with a still. He makes that Georgia Hi Proof. 

Met a dude over at Dega this last trip that makes shine too. Said he was from Frog Eye Alabama. 'Splained to me why the cross roads is called that. Back in the day they put out a concrete statue and if the frog's eyes are red, the shine is there. If the frog's eyes are white, just keep on going because it's dry.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frog_Eye,_Alabama

Shared that Rye Charles with the ol guy and he invited me to roll down to Tallapoosa County if ever I wanted some home made shines and wines. 

He certainly looked the part with his trucker cap, cheap aviators and over-alls. Said the Rye Charles tasted like grapefruit. Cool ol' country dude. 

20190428_105816.thumb.jpg.7898b38fdf6b67fc975eeaee3814e182.jpg

😎

• Haha 2

Anyway... Not ready to pull the trigger on a home brewery just yet. Too many decisions to make. Things like whether to just go with a small starter kit where it's almost impossible to screw up or something a little larger. 

These things come from 1 gallon starters to 5 gallons to full on micro breweries. 

The smaller ones between 1 and 5 gallons have recipe and ingredient kits you can buy to go with them, so you can make consistent beers straight out the gate. Even found a Pliny recipe. 

I guess I'm looking between 2 kits right now. A 2 gallon and a 5 gallon. Neither comes with a boil kettle so, finding something stainless or aluminum to boil 5 gallons in is an issue. Also, temperature control during fermentation and after. Would have to do some upgrading on my cabin for the bigger of the two kits. 

Who knows though. Might start with a little home hobby and end up with a full on brewery. Moultrie need one of those. :D

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Met a dude over at Dega this last trip that makes shine too. Said he was from Frog Eye Alabama. 'Splained to me why the cross roads is called that. Back in the day they put out a concrete statue and if the frog's eyes are red, the shine is there. If the frog's eyes are white, just keep on going because it's dry.

Shared that Rye Charles with the ol guy and he invited me to roll down to Tallapoosa County if ever I wanted some home made shines and wines. 

He certainly looked the part with his trucker cap, cheap aviators and over-alls. Said the Rye Charles tasted like grapefruit. Cool ol' country dude. 

😎

I prefer to call it....Lime Sink Elixir.  But you can call it "home brew" ifin ya wanna.  It will cure most any ailment...(Smile).  I can't believe your cousin Jed let you take his picture.

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

😎

😎

14 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Don't know all the specifics, but I do know they use lactose

6 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

don't flick your roach at the neighbor's fence....

looks like the fence will go up like fat lighter.

nice work.

bgw

Haha neighbor and I have only been talking about replacing that thing the past 2 years. He moves slower than me. I might have to show him your post to light a fire under his ass 😂.

• Haha 1

20190628_191352.thumb.jpg.8811befddc8714b7686787aa0bf0adfd.jpg

Left to right...

Schwarzbier- black lager basically comes off like a light and clean stout. A little chocolate flavor in there. 5.8% abv

Saison- lemon peel and peppercorns. Both come through pretty heavily but the clove is the bitch that bites. 5.8%

Kviek- red ale... mainly get caramel coming through on this. 5.2%

Kolsch- idk. Smooth. Maybe a little floral and a little buttery.  4.7%

• Like 3

Was at the store earlier tonight and saw this really short guy, like 4’11” who was behind the check stand. Though it was a kid then realized full beard and prob mid 30’s.

Minute later as I’m leaving dude walks out in front of me carrying a 12 pack of “Little Sumpin.” It looked like 2 cases with him holding it. I started rolling and was no way this is too good to be true. Tried getting a snapshot, before he got into his Z71 lol.

2BF76C32-0A6D-4C5B-AEA7-DB7BBA69D1BD.jpeg

B054A0CC-8FCC-44B4-AC25-7DA6A9ABB8DE.jpeg

• Haha 6

8 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Was at the store earlier tonight and saw this really short guy, like 4’11” who was behind the check stand. Though it was a kid then realized full beard and prob mid 30’s.

Minute later as I’m leaving dude walks out in front of me carrying a 12 pack of “Little Sumpin.” It looked like 2 cases with him holding it. I started rolling and was no way this is too good to be true. Tried getting a snapshot, before he got into his Z71 lol.

Drinking will stunt your growth...

BGW

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Good thing that lil guy didn't turn around and catch you stalking him. He may have put a lil sumpin upside your head. Hahaha

• Haha 3