Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

46 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Why would you waste that money on that when you could get a great Napa propertiy red for a fraction on the costs? Makes no sense.

$700 ?? Fuck that , give me 6 pack of steel reserve and 3 hours of your fanciest prostitute, or 3 of them tier 6 prostitutes

• Haha 2

Yesterday took a hike at Providence Canyon and worked up a nice thirst, then made the 20 minute run to Omaha Brewing. 

You know you're at a legit redneck south Georgia brewery when they've turned a school into a taproom and when their new lager was brewed to be 5.56 abv so they can name it 5.56 mm lager after M16 and AR-15 ammo. 

IMG_20220410_134915612.thumb.jpg.e49acb5eed5c5d82dab9579b28fcb186.jpgIMG_20220410_135503098.thumb.jpg.a943a6279dfdd79c946dd30f6d77187e.jpg

The lager was pretty solid. They had 7.62 mm IPA as well. Didn't try that one. The place had a different vibe from my previous trips over. May not hit there again. It's a far drive to not really have a great time while there. Lol 

Feels like they've lost what I liked about the place in the past. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yesterday took a hike at Providence Canyon and worked up a nice thirst, then made the 20 minute run to Omaha Brewing. 

You know you're at a legit redneck south Georgia brewery when they've turned a school into a taproom and when their new lager was brewed to be 5.56 abv so they can name it 5.56 mm lager after M16 and AR-15 ammo. 

IMG_20220410_134915612.thumb.jpg.e49acb5eed5c5d82dab9579b28fcb186.jpgIMG_20220410_135503098.thumb.jpg.a943a6279dfdd79c946dd30f6d77187e.jpg

The lager was pretty solid. They had 7.62 mm IPA as well. Didn't try that one. The place had a different vibe from my previous trips over. May not hit there again. It's a far drive to not really have a great time while there. Lol 

Feels like they've lost what I liked about the place in the past. 

And why would you want to drink a Russian AK/SKS caliber beer 😂?

Damn I hate when a place I have always liked changes up vibe. Usually it’s after new ownership, or it can be just what kind of crowd they want to bring in. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Damn I hate when a place I have always liked changes up vibe. Usually it’s after new ownership, or it can be just what kind of crowd they want to bring in. 

Omaha Brewing is literally the oldest south Georgia brewery. I hadn't been since before the pandemic and since they changed brewmasters. The owners are the same but seem more involved now where in the past the brewers had some level of control over the crowd and vibe. 

It could be that they haven't been opening on Sunday very long since the pandemic and the crowd is just different. The crowd has a lot to do with the overall vibe at a place for sure. There was no music, not over a sound system or live, which was really different for one thing. 

I usually stop in there when I make a trip over for a hike, so, they may get another try from me later on, but, I certainly wasn't feeling it on Sunday. Older/biker type crowd was the general feel I picked up on. Probably die off like an old church that fails to bring in and concentrate on youth if they aren't careful. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Lol well technically 7.62 could be a NATO round too… 7.62x51 (NATO designation for .308). 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Lol well technically 7.62 could be a NATO round too… 7.62x51 (NATO designation for .308). 

You are correct. I just think the association of 5.56/223 has always been American (ie. AR) and 7.62 was looked at as the Commie caliber 😂. I believe the new push is for 6.8mm round.

13 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

You are correct. I just think the association of 5.56/223 has always been American (ie. AR) and 7.62 was looked at as the Commie caliber 😂. I believe the new push is for 6.8mm round.

6.8 SPC yes. It’s just a shortened .270 Winchester, more or less. 

I like big stuff. 577 Tyrannosaurus Rex, 585 Nyati and 700 Nitro Express 

• Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 11:28 AM, Cossacks said:

The M14 (my favorite rifle) took a 7.62.

• Like 2

On 4/11/2022 at 9:11 AM, ChimpGrip said:

8A6495E2-4472-44D4-A531-859AFD8F6542.jpeg

That Wine is Phenomenal!…. I have had Multiple Vintages from the early 2000’s….. I Never paid more then $300 a Bottle for it Back then…. If you are Dinking a 2020 you will need that to Breathe for at least 2 hours to get the real flavors and complexity to show on it….

The problem with wines like these is if you don’t know what you are drinking they are a waste of money…. You would be better off buying 6-$100 Bottles for that price….

My personal limit is $300 a Bottle, I have just found that spending more then that it’s just not worth it…. The most I ever spent on a Bottle was $1,200.00 for a Bottle of Screaming Eagle that I bought at a dinner with a Client…. Great wine but not even close worth that kind of money….. 🍻

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, FreeBird said:

What’s the skiing season in Vermont end?? @Bodysurf I’m going to be in that same town maybe for work, if I do I’m sleeping at 

93D50C6E-70E2-49E0-9DC1-20BD6031C5B7.jpeg

41994A2C-281A-4E20-94E2-D28ACF405DE4.jpeg

The ski season is over for the most part. There is only one lift open now and I would guess this may be the last weekend. Stowe mountain resort and Spruce Creek lodge is a nice place. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MA Fan said:

My inability to resist drinks with pictures of baked goods on them extends to soda. This one tasted most like 🍪 than I was expecting.

20220409_161453.jpg

Did u drink the whole thing? Looks appealing, but I’d be after if after a couple of sips, I’d be done and full.

• Like 1

So I didn't get a pic because it was a pre-release sampling, but, I feel like @Coletrain06 may have insight onto these dessert beers...

So Pretoria Fields has a new brewmaster who is a friend of mine, and she's been into some pretty crazy concoctions. For the most part she is tinkering around and just adding things to either the Walkers Station stout or one of the regular gose. 

The beer she broke out for me the other night is based from the original gose but she literally took a half keg, then pureed three key lime pies. Crust, cream and all. Mixed them together and then let it age for some length of time. 

It smelled fantastic, and had a clear pie flavor but some bitter bite at the end that maybe needs something added to balance. 

Any idea if thats how some of those you post are made? 

I'm not sure what I think about this stuff yet.