Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Catching some NFL games down at Southern Fields Brewing in Campbellton, Florida.

IMG_20221016_162929406_HDR.thumb.jpg.d42227e74a785ec0b7fd1424c7f21b6a.jpg

I see you have your first 4 “plays” already charted.  Bill Walsh would be impressed.  :)    
Beer one from right a Hefeweizen or potent IPA?  That has the most 🤔 (as in I’ll try that one) factor to me.  :)  

3 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

I see you have your first 4 “plays” already charted.  Bill Walsh would be impressed.  :)    
Beer one from right a Hefeweizen or potent IPA?  That has the most 🤔 (as in I’ll try that one) factor to me.  :)  

It was actually called Christoff Ferry and was a blueberry blonde ale.  Next was a Summer Sunset Blood orange cream ale (was my favorite out of the flight) then a compass lake wheat and last was Bear Paw a light lager. 

They were all good. 

I had a second flight that included a barleywine a marzen and two sours. One a key lime pie. 

I went back and had a pint of the blueberry blonde and took home a crowler of the key lime pie sour. 

Had to go light due to a drive of 2 hours. I stayed away from their high gravity stuff except the barleywine. I always have to try those whenever I come across one. It was 11.7 abv but I only had 5 oz. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It was actually called Christoff Ferry and was a blueberry blonde ale.  Next was a Summer Sunset Blood orange cream ale (was my favorite out of the flight) then a compass lake wheat and last was Bear Paw a light lager. 

They were all good. 

I had a second flight that included a barleywine a marzen and two sours. One a key lime pie. 

I went back and had a pint of the blueberry blonde and took home a crowler of the key lime pie sour. 

Had to go light due to a drive of 2 hours. I stayed away from their high gravity stuff except the barleywine. I always have to try those whenever I come across one. It was 11.7 abv but I only had 5 oz. 

11.7 yea, not an ideal 2 hour drive beverage of choice.  You’ll meet again lol.  
I attended the Miami Auto Show with a friend yesterday.  We grabbed an oil can each (Foster Lager export ale, green) and drank it in the parking lot before entering.  2.50 each still a bargain.   The prices for drinks inside didn’t even want to look.  

Was 100 pct chance of f&b afterwards and that included one of my favs… Cigar City Jai Alai (Tampa outfit I believe).  Great taste and it’s potent.  If you haven’t tried it and see it, go for it.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

11.7 yea, not an ideal 2 hour drive beverage of choice.  You’ll meet again lol.  
I attended the Miami Auto Show with a friend yesterday.  We grabbed an oil can each (Foster Lager export ale, green) and drank it in the parking lot before entering.  2.50 each still a bargain.   The prices for drinks inside didn’t even want to look.  

Was 100 pct chance of f&b afterwards and that included one of my favs… Cigar City Jai Alai (Tampa outfit I believe).  Great taste and it’s potent.  If you haven’t tried it and see it, go for it.  

Ive had Jai Alai before. Solid brew. There are so many good small micro breweries around now that don't distribute cans, that, I've been trying to hit a lot of them and then give them shout outs on the radio and stuff. Support one another kind of deal ya know. 

Ive been pleasantly surprised by the quality of beers at several of these tiny places. 

• Like 2

On 10/24/2022 at 7:01 PM, Cossacks said:

Your posting on this board and think your a refinded gentleman?😂

Sorry guy, didn’t you see the sign on the door to the Varsity Board: “Degenerates Only”

How else are we expected to spell "degenerate" if not for the sign?

• Haha 1