Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2022 at 12:07 PM, MA Fan said:

Kolsch from Gearhouse Brewing in Chambersburg, PA. Heading over to watch Imhotep against Bishop Mcdevitt later.

Back in Chambersburg to watch some hoops and enjoying a smoked porter from Liquid Art Brewing. You read the news and they tell you that everything is bad but when there are two solid breweries in Chambersburg, PA I say we are living in a golden age.

20230115_180954.jpg

20230115_181012.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Im ashamed at how much Ive fallen off on posting in this thread. I literally went to a brewery in Huntsville, Alabama this weekend and didn't even take pics of the beer. 

To my credit I was there for Metal Night and not really there to drink per se', but if ever over that way...

Fractal Brewing Project 

My favorite brew was their Time Taker Pilsner. Generally, it's supposed to take about 5 minutes to pour one, but, the place was busy and they ran through the pours in about 1.5 minutes. I think I knocked four of those back and also a sour ale called Dragon Curve that had dragon fruit infused. Pretty solid all around brewery. 

FB_IMG_1675096394333.thumb.jpg.4a663698df3ec9036eb7bfc9134d4113.jpg

FB_IMG_1675096406887.thumb.jpg.4898a46a37ec54cc9f8496a4f0eb4b65.jpg

• Like 4

8B65DB21-25CB-48EF-A53D-3053DBEA3B3D.thumb.jpeg.b2723bf65f2af90b826a14dfa148cfec.jpeg

Gotta Luv SF Beer week in the Bay Area where all the Breweries make their Special Triple IPA’s….

Started out with Big Chicken By Henhouse Brewing, Followed by Pliny The Younger, and now finishing with Morgan Territory’s aptly Named Menace to Sobriety…. 🤣

Going to need a week to recover from this!!!… 🤣🤣🍻

• Like 2

3 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

8B65DB21-25CB-48EF-A53D-3053DBEA3B3D.thumb.jpeg.b2723bf65f2af90b826a14dfa148cfec.jpeg

Gotta Luv SF Beer week in the Bay Area where all the Breweries make their Special Triple IPA’s….

Started out with Big Chicken By Henhouse Brewing, Followed by Pliny The Younger, and now finishing with Morgan Territory’s aptly Named Menace to Sobriety…. 🤣

Going to need a week to recover from this!!!… 🤣🤣🍻

Nice threesome. Henhouse puts out some quality beers. The hometown of Petaluma has produced Henhouse (now based in primarily in Santa Rosa) and Lagunitas. P-Town was always known as the Egg Capital, might have a claim now as the Beer Capital 😂

• Like 1

Hanging at Listermann on a Tuesday. There were too many good dark beers on tap to pass up. I may have a problem with drinking heavy beers lol All of these are unbelievably good. There's 14 other beers on tap too! 

From left to Right 

Beer 1 - Venetian Sunrise 14% (Stave Society Q4 Bottle | Wild Turkey barrel-aged imperial stout with almonds, coffee, cocoa nibs, and vanilla.)

Beer 2 - Operation Flintlock: Blackberry Cobbler 12% (We aged this imperial pastry stout in Hotel Tango  Reserve bourbon barrels for 14 months before adding organic blackberries, Nicaraguan coffee beans, natural vanilla, and a blend of spices.)

Beer 3 - Forbidden 11.2% (Aged in apple brandy barrels, this intensely viscous imperial stout was treated on freshly toasted coconut and cinnamon sticks. Enjoy a robust aroma, velvety mouthfeel, and delicious, layered flavors. )

Mead 4 - Matt's Electric Mead pt. 1  14% (To start from the beginning, the blueberries gave this mead a robust electric color, which is followed by the rich berry flavor complimented by the almond nuttiness.  This is all you’ve ever wanted in a mead.)

20230307_173046.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Coletrain06 said:

Hanging at Listermann on a Tuesday. There were too many good dark beers on tap to pass up. I may have a problem with drinking heavy beers lol All of these are unbelievably good. There's 14 other beers on tap too! 

From left to Right 

Beer 1 - Venetian Sunrise 14% (Stave Society Q4 Bottle | Wild Turkey barrel-aged imperial stout with almonds, coffee, cocoa nibs, and vanilla.)

Beer 2 - Operation Flintlock: Blackberry Cobbler 12% (We aged this imperial pastry stout in Hotel Tango  Reserve bourbon barrels for 14 months before adding organic blackberries, Nicaraguan coffee beans, natural vanilla, and a blend of spices.)

Beer 3 - Forbidden 11.2% (Aged in apple brandy barrels, this intensely viscous imperial stout was treated on freshly toasted coconut and cinnamon sticks. Enjoy a robust aroma, velvety mouthfeel, and delicious, layered flavors. )

Mead 4 - Matt's Electric Mead pt. 1  14% (To start from the beginning, the blueberries gave this mead a robust electric color, which is followed by the rich berry flavor complimented by the almond nuttiness.  This is all you’ve ever wanted in a mead.)

20230307_173046.jpg

You had me at beer 1! 😂

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...