Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

Just now, Coletrain06 said:

how is it Hawg? sounds good.

tho any beer probably tastes great after the game tonight......been there this season

It's actually really good. I like the Belgian Whites though. Got lucky when Wosinc came to Moultrie and he bought me an Alagash White, and I really dug that one. At the time I thought it was because it was free... 

I think I get the coriander in the finish on this one. Very smooth and generally  tastes like the other Belgian Whites I've had in the past. 

Two thumbs up for this one. Cracking number 2 now. Gonna drown the sorrows away. Haha.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm thinking this one sounds a little busy with all the fruits. I like lagers though, so damn, I'm curious. What do you pick up the most in the taste?

Tastes like a strong lager with the oak-aging strongest............fruits not very present at all. good beer tho...............Oak aged beers are fantastic 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

sixpoint-brewery-limited-release-JAMMER.

Had this one over the summer with coriander and it was very good.........it's a gose ale......I'm not a big fan of sours, but really liked this one

Not sure if I ever tried a sour. damn, now I gotta go on a mission and find one to try. I do really like the Coriander in the Florida Cracker though. I think I know why they named it that! The sound the can makes when you crack the top, again and again and again! xD

3 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Woo hoo!  Like that one too.

Boulevard  and Cigar City Brewing?  Two of the greats!  You and Cole are killing it, and I'm jealous as there's  nothing special in the fridge tonight.

I bought another six pack of the Lucky Buddha that I tried and liked before, just in case the Florida Cracker wasn't my thing, but yeah, shoulda bought 12 of the Florida Crackers. Damn they're good!

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Dang dude! Mix and match night over there! 

All these beers I've never seen before showing up from all the different areas of the country, If I ever hit it big on the power ball lotto, I'm so travelling to all you guys areas and trying these brews.

No kidding.  Cole's refrigerator has reached mythical/sacred status -- Like a beer Shangri la.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Dang dude! Mix and match night over there! 

All these beers I've never seen before showing up from all the different areas of the country, If I ever hit it big on the power ball lotto, I'm so travelling to all you guys areas and trying these brews.

yea. the Marathon gas station near my house decided they wanted to get in on the Craft beer movement. Over half of the inside is 3 aisles of craft beer. then a beer cave and 2 walls of refrigerated 6 pks......and they also decided to add 20 taps of craft beer to fill growlers, or a pint or a small sample. Friday Nights they usually have Brewery Reps from around the country doing beer tastings...........all at a gas station..........get a beer while your waiting to fill up

• Like 2