Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

20 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

This one goes out to @HawgGoneIt. Its not paw paws peach, but its not bad. 

Sonder frosted milkshake ipa - Peach and Apricot.1598676293827228837041.thumb.jpg.4600896f493587c7270d51d0129685ca.jpg

20200829_005258.jpg

I missed my annual trip up to Back Forty Beer Company this spring for obvious reasons, but, this post made me type the location into my GPS just to look at time investment in order to go grab some more Paw Paws Peach. Been several months since I knocked back my last one. 

I like to make the trip to Talladega then go on to the brewery to see my friends. A little tougher just to invest 4.5 hours for a beer run. Seriously considering though. 🤪

Alabama has some stupid rules about how much they can sell me in one visit. One case. Stupid rule! I need to take a few people with me next time so I can take more. Made a beer trade with them from Pretoria Fields last time... still could only take a case out from there though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I missed my annual trip up to Back Forty Beer Company this spring for obvious reasons, but, this post made me type the location into my GPS just to look at time investment in order to go grab some more Paw Paws Peach. Been several months since I knocked back my last one. 

I like to make the trip to Talladega then go on to the brewery to see my friends. A little tougher just to invest 4.5 hours for a beer run. Seriously considering though. 🤪

Alabama has some stupid rules about how much they can sell me in one visit. One case. Stupid rule! I need to take a few people with me next time so I can take more. Made a beer trade with them from Pretoria Fields last time... still could only take a case out from there though.

One case? Wtf is that? I’ve never heard of such a dumb rule.

36 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

One case? Wtf is that? I’ve never heard of such a dumb rule.

Yeah. We agree as do the breweries. They explained it as something that they've been lobbying to get changed to no avail so far. It was apparently lobbying from the big beer companies like Anheuser Busch and Miller-Coors trying to protect their margins when the microbreweries started gaining some traction and became a rule that limits the microbreweries themselves but you can go to the bottle shop and buy a truck load if they have it. Very stupid. It limits the little local spots like the tap room and restaurant. 

Hardly any stores can keep that much Paw Paws Peach because it is brewed seasonally and they ship it out in smaller quantities from the brewery. I get lucky occasionally and catch a sixer or two at some of my local spots, but not this year because of all the mess going on. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

You are a mind reader @ngdawg! Or did you mean virus. Either way i’ll take another w/ lime! 

B86BAF15-0197-46DC-B717-86DB86BA026E.jpeg

Man fuck you, I loaded my truck went to scrap yard then loaded up with debris and went to the landfill then packed more metal and made 2 more trips to the scrap metal yard, I’m beat, legs feel like jello , and I’m hella Jelly that your doing this bullshit while I’m out here grinding my ass off

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Man fuck you, I loaded my truck went to scrap yard then loaded up with debris and went to the landfill then packed more metal and made 2 more trips to the scrap metal yard, I’m beat, legs feel like jello , and I’m hella Jelly that your doing this bullshit while I’m out here grinding my ass off

Grinding 💪

I got you on the finest oz of California top shelf if we can get MD to play in Jersey!