Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

14 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Picked this crap up at the store this afternoon, prob try it with breakfast tomorrow. Never had it, what could go wrong? 

27790A14-F4F8-464F-AD54-6E30A3C68763.jpeg

Tried it and bought it for a couple weekends

didnt think it was too bad. Thought it tasted pretty much like one of those Starbucks singles in the glass bottle......havent bought it since, because I realized it provided no energy or attention boost......if i want the coffee taste, Ill buy a coffee beer

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Coletrain06 said:

didnt think it was too bad. Thought it tasted pretty much like one of those Starbucks singles in the glass bottle......havent bought it since, because I realized it provided no energy or attention boost......if i want the coffee taste, Ill buy a coffee beer

Usually I prefer straight coffee or a little Jameson or Tullamore Dew in it. If i want beer taste I’ll grab a coffee stout.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

So are you saying you do a little better attention wise with some booze in ya? 😂

Since it is a GameDay and it is a drink thread and I did make a beer/rabblerouser run to Valdosta today...

20200919_203943.thumb.jpg.af32cbba054e78851bbe1a3cbd0f6382.jpg

20200919_203954.thumb.jpg.ccec02f872cdb7a2d6883757816edcdb.jpg

I also grabbed a crowler of the Cypress Knee Mosaic... still love Mosaics after all this time trying so many new fads. Still love my wheats as you can tell from the crowler pictured above, and I nabbed a sixer of their Saint Helen's Oktoberfest Marzen after having sampled it today. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 9/11/2020 at 6:10 PM, Cossacks said:

Picked this crap up at the store this afternoon, prob try it with breakfast tomorrow. Never had it, what could go wrong? 

27790A14-F4F8-464F-AD54-6E30A3C68763.jpeg

On 9/11/2020 at 6:25 PM, Coletrain06 said:

Cracked this open just as Jimmy G was going down against the Jets. Too sweet for sure, but not as bad as I thought it would be. Plus only 2 bucks, what else could I have spent 8 quarters on?

30422FEC-2CDC-4CD8-92D5-2D9ACFBAEA38.jpeg

DCF311ED-E1FA-442C-BC30-9817C1D76F45.jpeg

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

After further review, shit got too sweet and only drank half. Who would have figured bottom barrel PBR put out a bad drink 😂. Honestly a real PBR would have been a better choice.

I went on an official visit to some rinkY dink university in Pa and all these dudes drank was that skunk as beer Pabst Blue ribbon, I never struggled to drink a beer then having to drink that shit, absolutely the spirit airlines of alcohol 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I went on an official visit to some rinkY dink university in Pa and all these dudes drank was that skunk as beer Pabst Blue ribbon, I never struggled to drink a beer then having to drink that shit, absolutely the spirit airlines of alcohol 

Bet the honeys on that campus were dime pieces.

188E7CF0-578C-4786-83DC-05C9EA779716.jpeg

• Haha 1

20200926_002816.thumb.jpg.00a74ac0746b09b810039996c2b1f081.jpg

Well, I'm no beer expert, but, I do enjoy a good damned beer. This one is as good as I've had. Very heady, and the head lingers until the beer is finished. 

Here is proof... 

16010957547317970772699028972431.thumb.jpg.daa8eccbcf1bec987f43e91929ec7bf6.jpg

Very smooth with a really nice balance. Not overly bitter, with a hint of pine and maybe some type of fruity flavor in there. Very good beer. Top notch stuff. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, I'm no beer expert, but, I do enjoy a good damned beer. This one is as good as I've had. Very heady, and the head lingers until the beer is finished. 

Here is proof... 

Very smooth with a really nice balance. Not overly bitter, with a hint of pine and maybe some type of fruity flavor in there. Very good beer. Top notch stuff. 

Stone fruit maybe? 

Shit idk. Good shit. I feel guilty that I opened the beer. Haha. Should have saved it forever. xD

Bury me with a Blind Pig from Russian River. I'm now going to go slap the head brewer at Pretoria Fields. He's been found wanting. Hahaha

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

I’m drinking silver bullets...I sent the good stuff to Georgia 😂.

509EB756-E91E-4927-9AD8-5067E5D3D96A.jpeg

I should be a-fucking-shamed... I opened a second beer... 

20200926_011138.thumb.jpg.d549d1627db7e21081282ea47109fb00.jpg

I had to. I really wanted to open this one first, but, the Blind Pig fit the moment too well. This one reminds me of a cross between a couple of beers that Eric Kirschner helped develop over here in Georgia. It's kind of like a mix between the Rye Charles and Skywater brews from Pretoria Fields. It fits that Kirschner was at Russian River before helping get Pretoria Fields off the ground with their original lineup. 

Another fine beer. Very easy to down. I do believe I could knock back a few of these. Similar signature to the Blind Pig. Smooth, heady, and nicely balanced. Crisp and clear. I think the terminology is bright. I feel like I should have waited to open this one. I'm still belching pine from the Blind Pig so, this one is carrying a little piney and slightly bitter finish. A little less fruity on the tongue but maybe more fruity on the nose if that makes any sense. Head doesn't quite linger as long as the Blind Pig, but still impressive. 

I really need to get with the PF brewer about how to get this great head... I will bypass asking Roxy the beer wench about it though. xD

Straight to the brewer with that question. 

Thanks @Cossacks You are the mfn man! Maybe one of the best nights ever for the ol' Hawg. Knocked off Valdemort and a couple of bucket list beers while staring at a nice friggen plaque and wearing a Blind Pig tee shirt. My new favorite tee. Can't wait to wear it and chastise the brewers at PF. 

20200926_012958.thumb.jpg.3aee540b18719e8051d0b4ed31db1563.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I should be a-fucking-shamed... I opened a second beer... 

20200926_011138.thumb.jpg.d549d1627db7e21081282ea47109fb00.jpg

I had to. I really wanted to open this one first, but, the Blind Pig fit the moment too well. This one reminds me of a cross between a couple of beers that Eric Kirschner helped develop over here in Georgia. It's kind of like a mix between the Rye Charles and Skywater brews from Pretoria Fields. It fits that Kirschner was at Russian River before helping get Pretoria Fields off the ground with their original lineup. 

Another fine beer. Very easy to down. I do believe I could knock back a few of these. Similar signature to the Blind Pig. Smooth, heady, and nicely balanced. Crisp and clear. I think the terminology is bright. I feel like I should have waited to open this one. I'm still belching pine from the Blind Pig so, this one is carrying a little piney and slightly bitter finish. A little less fruity on the tongue but maybe more fruity on the nose if that makes any sense. Head doesn't quite linger as long as the Blind Pig, but still impressive. 

I really need to get with the PF brewer about how to get this great head... I will bypass asking Roxy the beer wench about it though. xD

Straight to the brewer with that question. 

Thanks @Cossacks You are the mfn man! Maybe one of the best nights ever for the ol' Hawg. Knocked off Valdemort and a couple of bucket list beers while staring at a nice friggen plaque and wearing a Blind Pig tee shirt. My new favorite tee. Can't wait to wear it and chastise the brewers at PF. 

978d17bd08317277d1baffb550f21e41.gif.bef0adad22ebaf6d39dbcb71b1e969ec.gif

Honestly the Pliny is renowned and deserved, outstanding beer. But the Blind Pig is a huge sleeper for me, I actually  like it a bit more. You still haven’t cracked my personal favorite of the bunch yet. I believe you are a wheat fan?

5 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Honestly the Pliny is renowned and deserved, outstanding beer. But the Blind Pig is a huge sleeper for me, I actually  like it a bit more. You still haven’t cracked my personal favorite of the bunch yet. I believe you are a wheat fan?

Man, I still have a Wild Turkey barrel aged stout and a Pranqster golden ale. 

I really do think I like the Blind Pig better than the Pliny The Elder. Both are awesome and I really can tell that Eric brought that world class flavor to Pretoria Fields. I feel blessed to have tried these two from Russian River after being so immersed and a fan boy of Pretoria Fields. 

I may well jump on the Pranqster. I can't think of a better time to go ahead and tie one on in celebration than the present. Big win tonight for the good guys! Fuck it! Thats a big ass beer and I aint letting it go flat after I open it. Haha. Party time at the Hawg residence! 

• Haha 1

Well, well, well... We have found a beer that my son loves...

20200926_020334.thumb.jpg.aa1ca00a7a278a2dbc8c3d5ee057e984.jpg

A little more sweet and a little less bitter. Very not bright. Hazy without the thick head of the Russian River brews. I'll just be damned. Another superb beer. Fucking Cali needs a win at something. Since they can't really win at foosball, I'll give them the win at Beer. I'm flat out afraid to try the stout. I do think I'll save it for the first cold day. Who knows though. Maybe I go wild and drank it sooner than later 🤪

• Like 2

17 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Here is proof... 

I had the same thing Last Night, Blind Pig Followed by Pliny.... Russian River Brewing built a new brewery and they have upped the production of those 2 Great Beers so thankfully you see them around a lot more.... The Blind Pig though is still really rare to find on Draught.... Lucky for me my local BBQ spot Has had it for ever since they opened 6 years ago....

Not sure if you can still get it But the “Pliny for President” is really Awesome as well!!.... It is only Brewed during election years, it is an Imperial style IPA but super lush and Citrusy.... I had it on draught but you can buy it in cans from the Brewery....🍻

• Like 2

2 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

I had the same thing Last Night, Blind Pig Followed by Pliny.... Russian River Brewing built a new brewery and they have upped the production of those 2 Great Beers so thankfully you see them around a lot more.... The Blind Pig though is still really rare to find on Draught.... Lucky for me my local BBQ spot Has had it for ever since they opened 6 years ago....

Not sure if you can still get it But the “Pliny for President” is really Awesome as well!!.... It is only Brewed during election years, it is an Imperial style IPA but super lush and Citrusy.... I had it on draught but you can buy it in cans from the Brewery....🍻

Was just at the brewery a few weeks ago (it was closed at the time.  but merchandise shop was open. That’s when I grabbed @HawgGoneIt his shirt and beers. 

I was with a buddy and we grabbed a Blind Pig for each of us went into the parking lot put the tailgate down and enjoyed it. It was so good we repeated it. I then went and grabbed a third for the fridge at home. 

They had the Pliny for President merchandise all over and I literally forgot to look for the beer. Might be heading up that way later this week. If  I do and stop in I’ll take a look see if they have some of those and see what we can do. Like I told Hawg, Pliny is damn good in everyone loves it, but I am personally more of the Blind pig fan. It’s just a really really good beer.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Was just at the brewery a few weeks ago (it was closed at the time.  but merchandise shop was open. That’s when I grabbed @HawgGoneIt his shirt and beers. 

I was with a buddy and we grabbed a Blind Pig for each of us went into the parking lot put the tailgate down and enjoyed it. It was so good we repeated it. I then went and grabbed a third for the fridge at home. 

They had the Pliny for President merchandise all over and I literally forgot to look for the beer. Might be heading up that way later this week. If  I do and stop in I’ll take a look see if they have some of those and see what we can do. Like I told Hawg, Pliny is damn good in everyone loves it, but I am personally more of the Blind pig fan. It’s just a really really good beer.

I didn't realize the Pliny was as high gravity as it was. The Blind Pig definitely a little lighter on abv so easier to knock a few back. The 8% abv on the Pliny snuck in and said 👋 

xD

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I didn't realize the Pliny was as high gravity as it was. The Blind Pig definitely a little lighter on abv so easier to knock a few back. The 8% abv on the Pliny snuck in and said 👋 

xD

The Pliny’s will definitely sneak up on you, they go down easy for an 8% double IPA.... My local spot pours them in pints too.... Good thing it is walking distance!!!....🤣

I am with you and @Cossacks, the Blind Pig has always been their best beer... 🍻

• Like 1
  • Haha 1