Official game day drink thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

me too

Lmao 😂   I made @PrepGridiron an arts and crafts gift during quarantine    @ATLien12x would appreciate my effort I put in

Wife and I just made veal saltimbocca and risotto.  Finishing it off with the Colts game and an after dinner drink.

Posted Images

17 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

20200926_002816.thumb.jpg.00a74ac0746b09b810039996c2b1f081.jpg

Well, I'm no beer expert, but, I do enjoy a good damned beer. This one is as good as I've had. Very heady, and the head lingers until the beer is finished. 

Here is proof... 

16010957547317970772699028972431.thumb.jpg.daa8eccbcf1bec987f43e91929ec7bf6.jpg

Very smooth with a really nice balance. Not overly bitter, with a hint of pine and maybe some type of fruity flavor in there. Very good beer. Top notch stuff. 

I had the same thing Last Night, Blind Pig Followed by Pliny.... Russian River Brewing built a new brewery and they have upped the production of those 2 Great Beers so thankfully you see them around a lot more.... The Blind Pig though is still really rare to find on Draught.... Lucky for me my local BBQ spot Has had it for ever since they opened 6 years ago....

Not sure if you can still get it But the “Pliny for President” is really Awesome as well!!.... It is only Brewed during election years, it is an Imperial style IPA but super lush and Citrusy.... I had it on draught but you can buy it in cans from the Brewery....🍻

• Like 2
2 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

I had the same thing Last Night, Blind Pig Followed by Pliny.... Russian River Brewing built a new brewery and they have upped the production of those 2 Great Beers so thankfully you see them around a lot more.... The Blind Pig though is still really rare to find on Draught.... Lucky for me my local BBQ spot Has had it for ever since they opened 6 years ago....

Not sure if you can still get it But the “Pliny for President” is really Awesome as well!!.... It is only Brewed during election years, it is an Imperial style IPA but super lush and Citrusy.... I had it on draught but you can buy it in cans from the Brewery....🍻

Was just at the brewery a few weeks ago (it was closed at the time.  but merchandise shop was open. That’s when I grabbed @HawgGoneIt his shirt and beers. 

I was with a buddy and we grabbed a Blind Pig for each of us went into the parking lot put the tailgate down and enjoyed it. It was so good we repeated it. I then went and grabbed a third for the fridge at home. 

They had the Pliny for President merchandise all over and I literally forgot to look for the beer. Might be heading up that way later this week. If  I do and stop in I’ll take a look see if they have some of those and see what we can do. Like I told Hawg, Pliny is damn good in everyone loves it, but I am personally more of the Blind pig fan. It’s just a really really good beer.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Was just at the brewery a few weeks ago (it was closed at the time.  but merchandise shop was open. That’s when I grabbed @HawgGoneIt his shirt and beers. 

I was with a buddy and we grabbed a Blind Pig for each of us went into the parking lot put the tailgate down and enjoyed it. It was so good we repeated it. I then went and grabbed a third for the fridge at home. 

They had the Pliny for President merchandise all over and I literally forgot to look for the beer. Might be heading up that way later this week. If  I do and stop in I’ll take a look see if they have some of those and see what we can do. Like I told Hawg, Pliny is damn good in everyone loves it, but I am personally more of the Blind pig fan. It’s just a really really good beer.

I didn't realize the Pliny was as high gravity as it was. The Blind Pig definitely a little lighter on abv so easier to knock a few back. The 8% abv on the Pliny snuck in and said 👋 

xD

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I didn't realize the Pliny was as high gravity as it was. The Blind Pig definitely a little lighter on abv so easier to knock a few back. The 8% abv on the Pliny snuck in and said 👋 

xD

The Pliny’s will definitely sneak up on you, they go down easy for an 8% double IPA.... My local spot pours them in pints too.... Good thing it is walking distance!!!....🤣

I am with you and @Cossacks, the Blind Pig has always been their best beer... 🍻

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Coletrain06 said:

Not bad.... this is me hydrating

20201002_202220.jpg

20201002_202228.jpg

At least it doesn't have salt in it like that terrible Evil Twin Brewery Raceday brew I spent a fortune on a four pack of and threw 3 and 3/4 beers in the trash. xD

As for tonight, since I'm home before midnight...

16023021882735830784602075672530.thumb.jpg.761b9fa71f83aeafa37a9fda985d32cb.jpg

16023022749922459542500565345622.thumb.jpg.eb8ebd191d92f1ba82977b28412ccaa5.jpg

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Really good. Nice kick with the habanero too

20201017_191335.jpg

Man that looks good. But it’s a 97 degree day here today. To me that would be awesome when December comes and it’s absolutely freezing and 36 degrees and foggy with a fire roaring and my fat ass on the couch. 8% is a good hitter there.

I haven't transitioned to my winter stouts yet. I still need a refreshing summer beer 😂. As a matter of fact just got back from 2.

ECB81366-2D9A-4A6D-A74D-E22BEEEAC2E4.jpeg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

Man that looks good. But it’s a 97 degree day here today. To me that would be awesome when December comes and it’s absolutely freezing and 36 degrees and foggy with a fire roaring and my fat ass on the couch. 8% is a good hitter there.

I haven't transitioned to my winter stouts yet. I still need a refreshing summer beer 😂. As a matter of fact just got back from 2.

ECB81366-2D9A-4A6D-A74D-E22BEEEAC2E4.jpeg

Yea, I held off for awhile. But it was around mid 30's last night.....Big bonfire, guitars, an Oktoberfest gathering with some sauerkraut and sausages......need some good dark beers with that

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Coletrain06 said:

Made a stop at Listermann yesterday......games postponed tonight......startin heavy 😑

20201023_194722.jpg

Omaha Brewing Company down here has an oatmeal creme pie stout called the Big Deb that is pretty damned good. Have to drive three hours to get one though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Don't laugh @hardhit1

It's some bullshit for real. This brewery is in the middle of nowhere in an old school building that closed and they converted it. They don't sell that beer outside of the tap room that I know about and if I drive 3 hours I'm probably drinking a few. Idk where the nearest hotel even is to there. Hahaha. Have to pass out parked in a field somewhere to sleep it off. It's bullshit bro. xD

• Haha 5