Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

4 minutes ago, MA Fan said:

Can't remember the last time I poured most of a beer down the drain but omfg that beer in the instant coffee can sucks. From now on the only beers I trust from Richmond-area breweries are gingerbread-themed.

Did you look on the other side of the can? It might have said “ draino” 😂

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, MA Fan said:

Can't remember the last time I poured most of a beer down the drain but omfg that beer in the instant coffee can sucks. From now on the only beers I trust from Richmond-area breweries are gingerbread-themed.

Haha I’ve been burned on the “shiny quarter” cool packaging only to have realize my piss probably tastes better than what is inside 😂.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Haha I’ve been burned on the “shiny quarter” cool packaging only to have realize my piss probably tastes better than what is inside 😂.

This one is pretty good bro. I was saving it for the end of the season either to cry into or to celebrate. 🍾 

Turns out there's a tear in my beer, but, it isn't because the beer is bad. xD

I get some hints of the Wild Turkey bourbon, but the traditional stout tones are up front and center. A little coffee and a little chocolate and nice carbonation. 

No cup, snifter, glass or any of that. Maybe if it had been a celebration. Straight from the bottle tonight. 

16077582396466801136749481369982.thumb.jpg.4214fde0be757345e360e254df73a926.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This one is pretty good bro. I was saving it for the end of the season either to cry into or to celebrate. 🍾 

Turns out there's a tear in my beer, but, it isn't because the beer is bad. xD

I get some hints of the Wild Turkey bourbon, but the traditional stout tones are up front and center. A little coffee and a little chocolate and nice carbonation. 

No cup, snifter, glass or any of that. Maybe if it had been a celebration. Straight from the bottle tonight. 

16077582396466801136749481369982.thumb.jpg.4214fde0be757345e360e254df73a926.jpg

Glad u liked it. Too bad in couldn’t have been in celebration.

• Like 1

Most of you guys have heard about the small Marathon gas station by my house that has 20 taps and is among the best places in Cincinnati to get craft beer.......this beer is a cool one because some of the guys who run the gas station helped the guys at Streetside brew this one and even got their logo on the can. Awesome!

20201211_195735.jpg

20201211_195743.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Most of you guys have heard about the small Marathon gas station by my house that has 20 taps and is among the best places in Cincinnati to get craft beer.......this beer is a cool one because some of the guys who run the gas station helped the guys at Streetside brew this one and even got their logo on the can. Awesome!

Cincinnati has quite a German heritage, with local breweries of all kinds making their own beers for 200 years. I remember moving out here and hearing older siblings discuss Coors vs. Hudepohls. I wasn't anywhere near drinking age before we moved, and couldn't add much to the conversation based on the one or two Hudepohls I drank at recess in kindergarten (plenty of German in our family), but always liked saying the name 'Hudepohls' anyway. The fact that a gas station has 20 taps gives a good idea of the popularity of beers in Cincy.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

Cincinnati has quite a German heritage, with local breweries of all kinds making their own beers for 200 years. I remember moving out here and hearing older siblings discuss Coors vs. Hudepohls. I wasn't anywhere near drinking age before we moved, and couldn't add much to the conversation based on the one or two Hudepohls I drank at recess in kindergarten (plenty of German in our family), but always liked saying the name 'Hudepohls' anyway. The fact that a gas station has 20 taps gives a good idea of the popularity of beers in Cincy.

I definitely need to get out to Denver!

Yes. Cincy was recently just named best city for beer drinkers for the 2nd consecutive year by SmartAsset......

Also last weekend, the 2nd biggest Beer competition, The US Open Beer Championships was held.......they do completely blind taste tests......according to Brink Brewing company,  and Listermann, a bunch of Cincinnati breweries cleaned up at the competition and took home tons of medals.....Narrow path Brewing Company took home 3 gold medals and won 3rd overall....and I didnt even know they existed. Looks like a new place to go lol

• Like 1

A little brown Ale which is not bad at all 

Funniest damn thing happened today. A big brown truck drove by my house and a box full of beers from Georgia “fell off” the back. I know it’s an imperfect world so these things happen. Since shipping beer is “bootlegging” and “illegal” it’s too bad the return label “fell off” so no one can be implicated or I can’t return it. Damn it I’ll just have to drink it for the holidays. These Pretoria Fields ones intrigue me 🤔. Cheers 🍻 .

5A9E48A4-3CE5-4ADA-8CD3-FAE65B174972.jpeg

713C5EA9-6C31-4BEE-A526-A74FF1D150EE.jpeg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

A little brown Ale which is not bad at all 

Funniest damn thing happened today. A big brown truck drove by my house and a box full of beers from Georgia “fell off” the back. I know it’s an imperfect world so these things happen. Since shipping beer is “bootlegging” and “illegal” it’s too bad the return label “fell off” so no one can be implicated or I can’t return it. Damn it I’ll just have to drink it for the holidays. These Pretoria Fields ones intrigue me 🤔. Cheers 🍻 .

5A9E48A4-3CE5-4ADA-8CD3-FAE65B174972.jpeg

713C5EA9-6C31-4BEE-A526-A74FF1D150EE.jpeg

Those damn brown trucks always dropping stuff. Tsk tsk tsk. xD

I think the brown ale from Back Forty is a pretty decent beer. Was there a Brown Thrasher in the Pretoria Fields pack? If so, I'd wonder whether it's same/better/worse. Myself, I'm not a huge brown ale person, but both of those are easy drinkers and I wouldn't throw them out. 

Pretoria Fields decided early on, plain white cans. No special art or flashy stuff. It's kind of their "gimmick" I guess. "Look for the white cans wherever you buy your craft beers." The mosaic is the only can they've released that wasn't white. Idk why. I may ask them next time I'm around the right ones over there.

Having the plain white cans probably hurts them to some extent, but, they have refused to change yet. They wanted the beer to sell the beer. Not the can. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think the brown ale from Back Forty is a pretty decent beer. Was there a Brown Thrasher in the Pretoria Fields pack? If so, I'd wonder whether it's same/better/worse. Myself, I'm not a huge brown ale person, but both of those are easy drinkers and I wouldn't throw them out. 

Pretoria Fields decided early on, plain white cans. No special art or flashy stuff. It's kind of their "gimmick" I guess. "Look for the white cans wherever you buy your craft beers." The mosaic is the only can they've released that wasn't white. Idk why. I may ask them next time I'm around the right ones over there.

Having the plain white cans probably hurts them to some extent, but, they have refused to change yet. They wanted the beer to sell the beer. Not the can. 

Damn you must have ESPN and a great 6th sense 😂. As a matter of fact I just checked and there was one the them in there. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

One of our local brewers tried this....Wiedemann Brewery. They had been around for decades, but  closed for a while and recently reopened with craft beer........they have stood by keeping their old style cans for the 2+years since they reopened, but just last month I seen new flashier cans at the store. 

EkYkGGfX0AEo1Kn.jpg

b6da766031fb880c9d9d0f7fc9ad6301_raw.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Round 2 staying in Jawgha. @HawgGoneItpalm is now dark and if I keep this pace, I’ll be dark soon as well! This is a nice lager, but I really liked that Oktoberfest a lot. Those IPA’s will probably be spaced out over awhile the next few weeks 😂.

26765B59-0C5B-438A-A716-16376BCBD874.jpeg

That Oktoberfest is pretty nice. The Light lager there is jam up for a light beer. Easy on the abv and not overly bitter. I liken it to any large market light beer tbh. Everyone drinks it at the brewery now. 

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

That Oktoberfest is pretty nice. The Light lager there is jam up for a light beer. Easy on the abv and not overly bitter. I liken it to any large market light beer tbh. Everyone drinks it at the brewery now. 

Yes it’s very light and is a lake beer you won’t get blitzed on. I could drink prob 8-10 and still operate heavy machinery, get pregnant, shoot guns and drive while polishing my “father of the year” trophy 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Yes it’s very light and is a lake beer you won’t get blitzed on. I could drink prob 8-10 and still operate heavy machinery, get pregnant, shoot guns and drive while polishing my “father of the year” trophy 

I think I have you pegged now as far as beer style. You like a malty back bone. 

The St. Helen's Oktoberfest is exactly that. A malty lager. I'm drinking one now. 

1608349395236918117997125658425.thumb.jpg.6be58bb727c895fbc014292e9b9a4b3f.jpg

It has a good caramel type color too. You may be more of a Georgia Beer Company drinker than a Pretoria Fields guy. Pretoria is more about crisp and bright beers as far as their primary canned ones outside of the stout of course. A lot of Georgia Beer Company's brews have that same malty backbone. It's just the different type brewer I guess. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think I have you pegged now as far as beer style. You like a malty back bone. 

The St. Helen's Oktoberfest is exactly that. A malty lager. I'm drinking one now. 

1608349395236918117997125658425.thumb.jpg.6be58bb727c895fbc014292e9b9a4b3f.jpg

It has a good caramel type color too. You may be more of a Georgia Beer Company drinker than a Pretoria Fields guy. Pretoria is more about crisp and bright beers as far as their primary canned ones outside of the stout of course. A lot of Georgia Beer Company's brews have that same malty backbone. It's just the different type brewer I guess. 

Yes. I do enjoy Dunkels, Pilsners and wheats. But I will drink or try any damn thing. I didn’t get this physique from pushing any beer away 😂.

• Haha 2