Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

On 12/18/2020 at 10:47 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

I think I have you pegged now as far as beer style. You like a malty back bone. 

The St. Helen's Oktoberfest is exactly that. A malty lager. I'm drinking one now. 

1608349395236918117997125658425.thumb.jpg.6be58bb727c895fbc014292e9b9a4b3f.jpg

It has a good caramel type color too. You may be more of a Georgia Beer Company drinker than a Pretoria Fields guy. Pretoria is more about crisp and bright beers as far as their primary canned ones outside of the stout of course. A lot of Georgia Beer Company's brews have that same malty backbone. It's just the different type brewer I guess. 

How are the Oktoberfest celebrations in Georgia? Is there anything at all?

We've got it made here... probably one of the most German cities in the USA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coletrain06 said:

How are the Oktoberfest celebrations in Georgia? Is there anything at all?

We've got it made here... probably one of the most German cities in the USA

I think they have a pretty nice celebration up in the north Georgia mountains in a town called Helen. I've personally never been to it. Other than that, not much that I've heard of outside of special beer releases at my haunts down here in the south. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Damn, Louisiana may be synonymous with crappy football but they can make some beer. This is one of the best New England IPA’s I’ve ever had, really good.

675CD654-6D80-42F2-93C4-44A824ED106F.jpeg

That one is great. One of my favorites that I've tried in recent times to be honest. 

Tonight, in the tradition of milk and cookies, the Santa at my house got some special beer from the left coast and its pretty damned good. 

Beer and homemade cookies for Santa tonight!

20201224_191241.thumb.jpg.c04ed473f84bb2543672c16ed87c51a5.jpg

The beer is a little high gravity at 8.8 but really balanced with just enough sweet on the finish. The citra and mosaic hops really come through for me and it's hazy with a nice malty wheat backbone. The head fades into a pretty nice skirt as I type between drinks.

I have really been on a mosaic fling lately so this one is perfectly in line with what I've been enjoying the most of late. As a matter of fact it is similar to that Ghost in the Machine beer just stronger abv and more of the mosaic hops coming through. 

SantaHawg gives it 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄 5 out of 5 Christmas Trees.  🍻

Merry Christmas beer drinkers! Now if we all just had a Ho Ho Ho lined up at the door. 🎅

• Like 4

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

That one is great. One of my favorites that I've tried in recent times to be honest. 

Tonight, in the tradition of milk and cookies, the Santa at my house got some special beer from the left coast and its pretty damned good. 

Beer and homemade cookies for Santa tonight!

20201224_191241.thumb.jpg.c04ed473f84bb2543672c16ed87c51a5.jpg

The beer is a little high gravity at 8.8 but really balanced with just enough sweet on the finish. The citra and mosaic hops really come through for me and it's hazy with a nice malty wheat backbone. The head fades into a pretty nice skirt as I type between drinks.

I have really been on a mosaic fling lately so this one is perfectly in line with what I've been enjoying the most of late. As a matter of fact it is similar to that Ghost in the Machine beer just stronger abv and more of the mosaic hops coming through. 

SantaHawg gives it 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄 5 out of 5 Christmas Trees.  🍻

Merry Christmas beer drinkers! Now if we all just had a Ho Ho Ho lined up at the door. 🎅

The Snowman next to it doesn’t look like he’s scared of a little 8.8 abv. Now me on the other hand, I’m contemplating but this might be a bit top fuel for me tonight 😂 

0F339753-66F8-4C25-A66F-8005CF2EF522.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

73051389-BA29-4916-8ED3-BF69682FA0DE.thumb.jpeg.ad02fbaf0b4621342aa7549eb4636cff.jpegB8E65315-87B5-4B4C-8000-263169983279.thumb.jpeg.12b4cc234e2d2e0bba8a56ef594cc3a9.jpeg

About to Start Grilling in TX!!!... I picked up these 2 IPA’s from Austin and the Always Easy Drinking FRIO 6.0!....

I haven’t tried the IPA’s yet, the frios are going down way to easy!!!...🤣🍻

Nice looking meat.....no homo 😂. Beer and beef can’t go wrong

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Nice looking meat.....no homo 😂. Beer and beef can’t go wrong

2F9B39EC-8A84-4168-9796-4DFE7B6E3056.thumb.jpeg.6c3798ad038ba81680aff6f069441185.jpeg

HA!!!!.... And of course You Can’t forget the Wine!!!... Doing Brunello di Montalcino.... I normally would go with some Cali Wines, but My Mom Loves Italian wines so I brought these out to TX instead....  

The 2006 is from the year My son was Born and 2013 Was a Anniversary gift from my mom so we figured who better to Drink it with then her!!...🤣👍

• Like 4

In honor of the final high school football games of the 20-21 season in Georgia, and the big school state championship* for Grayson coming on the heels of a mid-season transfer by the Cali kid... Georgia 7A football felt the Cali Squeeze this season...

20201230_223106.thumb.jpg.5e3440d8f056aa350054b742e9fce733.jpg

I love the combination of fruits in this brew. Really juicy hefe. I can literally pick out the Guava, orange and passion fruit which goes well with the natural banana bread type flavor that hefe brews normally have. 

Here's to the Cali Squeeze! 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

In honor of the final high school football games of the 20-21 season in Georgia, and the big school state championship* for Grayson coming on the heels of a mid-season transfer by the Cali kid... Georgia 7A football felt the Cali Squeeze this season...

20201230_223106.thumb.jpg.5e3440d8f056aa350054b742e9fce733.jpg

I love the combination of fruits in this brew. Really juicy hefe. I can literally pick out the Guava, orange and passion fruit which goes well with the natural banana bread type flavor that hefe brews normally have. 

Here's to the Cali Squeeze! 

Sounds like my breakfast tomorrow 

wife? 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

Sounds like my breakfast tomorrow 

wife? 

I think a person could drink this one for breakfast. It purports to be 5.4% abv, but, I can't detect it in flavor at all. Very smooth, no bitterness and mostly a bubbly juicy drink. I could probably get into some DUI troubles if I had a few of these to run through. Very easy to drink. 

• Haha 3

Got baby backs on the smoker, will be putting a tri tip and sausage on the grill in a bit. Needed to get a final 2020 IPA in and cant smoke/grill without a beer. This is a nice pine and hint of grapefruit medium body IPA. Very easy to drink, I’ll be switching to water (aka Coors Light) later in the night.

42592BC4-2485-4A8C-BF87-032CA054BC7C.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3