Official game day drink thread

10 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Nice looking meat.....no homo 😂. Beer and beef can’t go wrong

2F9B39EC-8A84-4168-9796-4DFE7B6E3056.thumb.jpeg.6c3798ad038ba81680aff6f069441185.jpeg

HA!!!!.... And of course You Can’t forget the Wine!!!... Doing Brunello di Montalcino.... I normally would go with some Cali Wines, but My Mom Loves Italian wines so I brought these out to TX instead....  

The 2006 is from the year My son was Born and 2013 Was a Anniversary gift from my mom so we figured who better to Drink it with then her!!...🤣👍

• Like 4
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmao 😂   I made @PrepGridiron an arts and crafts gift during quarantine    @ATLien12x would appreciate my effort I put in

me too

Wife and I just made veal saltimbocca and risotto.  Finishing it off with the Colts game and an after dinner drink.

Posted Images

In honor of the final high school football games of the 20-21 season in Georgia, and the big school state championship* for Grayson coming on the heels of a mid-season transfer by the Cali kid... Georgia 7A football felt the Cali Squeeze this season...

20201230_223106.thumb.jpg.5e3440d8f056aa350054b742e9fce733.jpg

I love the combination of fruits in this brew. Really juicy hefe. I can literally pick out the Guava, orange and passion fruit which goes well with the natural banana bread type flavor that hefe brews normally have. 

Here's to the Cali Squeeze! 

• Like 6
8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

In honor of the final high school football games of the 20-21 season in Georgia, and the big school state championship* for Grayson coming on the heels of a mid-season transfer by the Cali kid... Georgia 7A football felt the Cali Squeeze this season...

20201230_223106.thumb.jpg.5e3440d8f056aa350054b742e9fce733.jpg

I love the combination of fruits in this brew. Really juicy hefe. I can literally pick out the Guava, orange and passion fruit which goes well with the natural banana bread type flavor that hefe brews normally have. 

Here's to the Cali Squeeze! 

Sounds like my breakfast tomorrow 

wife? 

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

Sounds like my breakfast tomorrow 

wife? 

I think a person could drink this one for breakfast. It purports to be 5.4% abv, but, I can't detect it in flavor at all. Very smooth, no bitterness and mostly a bubbly juicy drink. I could probably get into some DUI troubles if I had a few of these to run through. Very easy to drink. 

• Haha 3

Got baby backs on the smoker, will be putting a tri tip and sausage on the grill in a bit. Needed to get a final 2020 IPA in and cant smoke/grill without a beer. This is a nice pine and hint of grapefruit medium body IPA. Very easy to drink, I’ll be switching to water (aka Coors Light) later in the night.

42592BC4-2485-4A8C-BF87-032CA054BC7C.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

Obligatory palm growing out of can shot for @HawgGoneIt😂

5D4EA67F-6657-4FA7-9586-6A55AFEB008B.jpeg

I like the Naked Pig. It's a pretty solid beer for a North Alabama brewery. 

I decided to try something totally out of left field tonight. Some Oregon Brewery called Heater Allen brewed this beer that they named Schwarz. Very interesting lager. 

Here's a pic of it poured... Looks kind of like a coke or pepsi in the glass. Or maybe an imperial black ale or stout almost. 

20201231_214518.thumb.jpg.0dc1b6de9fda60a3f469d8f030bf8fe7.jpg

It has that traditional lager flavor. I'd almost say there's a little budweiser or something like that hiding in there with the heavily toasted grains that I suspect give it the dark color. You can taste that toasted malt right after the lager flavor pops. Finishes nice and smooth. Not heavy in spite of looking thick and unfiltered. 

Solid beer for sure. 

20201231_213942.thumb.jpg.bb3f9a60828f74b4ed8f417c15a5d23e.jpg

Pretty good way to start winding down 2020. 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I like the Naked Pig. It's a pretty solid beer for a North Alabama brewery. 

I decided to try something totally out of left field tonight. Some Oregon Brewery called Heater Allen brewed this beer that they named Schwarz. Very interesting lager. 

Here's a pic of it poured... Looks kind of like a coke or pepsi in the glass. Or maybe an imperial black ale or stout almost. 

20201231_214518.thumb.jpg.0dc1b6de9fda60a3f469d8f030bf8fe7.jpg

It has that traditional lager flavor. I'd almost say there's a little budweiser or something like that hiding in there with the heavily toasted grains that I suspect give it the dark color. You can taste that toasted malt right after the lager flavor pops. Finishes nice and smooth. Not heavy in spite of looking thick and unfiltered. 

Solid beer for sure. 

20201231_213942.thumb.jpg.bb3f9a60828f74b4ed8f417c15a5d23e.jpg

Pretty good way to start winding down 2020. 

🤔 interesting, because I bet what ever truck that fell off, the feller who sent it hadn’t tried it himself, but maybe heard some decent reviews  🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

🤔 interesting, because I bet what ever truck that fell off, the feller who sent it hadn’t tried it himself, but maybe heard some decent reviews  🤷‍♂️ 

I'd say if that guy likes lagers, and doesn't hate darker beers, he may wanna try it for himself. 

I have to say I have never really gravitated to dark ipa or lagers, so I wouldn't have been likely to just buy one for myself, but, since it fell off that truck and I got to try it without having to be attracted to it myself, I'd definitely buy if I saw one again. 

• Haha 1

Dipping into 2019 to finish off the year

20201231_223859.jpg

Tonight's game is the 1967 Illinois basketball state championship, with the legendary Bob Starr chatting up cheerleaders in the pregame

• Like 5
14 minutes ago, MA Fan said:

Dipping into 2019 to finish off the year

20201231_223859.jpg

Tonight's game is the 1967 Illinois basketball state championship, with the legendary Bob Starr chatting up cheerleaders in the pregame

Goose Island has a nice IPA I've seen. Never saw any of their stouts. Need a report. :D

19 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Goose Island has a nice IPA I've seen. Never saw any of their stouts. Need a report. :D

Hides the alcohol well for 14.7% ABV. Less of a chocolatey taste than I was expecting based on the description, maybe need to drink it fresher for that, but anyway it's sweet and smooth and has a nice caramelized aftertaste  I think this one can vary a bit from year to year so check back in 12 months for a review of the 2020 version 😃

It's amazing how skinny basketball players were in the 60's.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, hardhit1 said:

Cool 

You’re going to need some tomorrow night, brother. Five losses in a row to the same program has to be exhausting. Hit me up postgame if you need something to take your mind off it. Happy New Year 🤟🏻

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

You’re going to need some tomorrow night, brother. Five losses in a row to the same program has to be exhausting. Hit me up postgame if you need something to take your mind off it. Happy New Year 🤟🏻

Hey Shirley and don’t call me Shirley 

that’s some good shit😀

• Haha 2
22 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

I have friends in HIGH places 

Happy New Year!😀

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Nice Pilsner in Charleston.

9249D3F7-1CAA-4489-8267-9F936FCCDBB8.jpeg

I aint gonna hate on the fluted glass like the other guys. Hahaha. 

Looks like a nice friggin' club to me. Yes I had to Google that sum bitch to see, but, now I feel like Ive been there. xD

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, hardhit1 said:

Time for a man’ s glass ? 😂

Dude I walked all over today and tits was literally spending two grand at Luis Vuttoin on purses and shit. I would have drank it out of a old Chuck Taylor. 😂

• Haha 7
17 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Dude I walked all over today and tits was literally spending two grand at Luis Vuttoin on purses and shit. I would have drank it out of a old Chuck Taylor. 😂

Always a time to be a lesbian 

• Haha 2