Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

On 1/10/2021 at 4:29 PM, Cossacks said:

Savannah peach. Little heavy on the bourbon on this one 😂

F3149967-E825-4AD8-9C87-F3AF40519B0D.jpeg

Man, when I was on the haunted drinking/ghost tour in Savannah....the tour guide talked me and my friends in to taking a Savannah Flu Shot at the 17Hundred90 Inn/restaurant. 

Forget exactly what was in it, but I remember it had horseradish Vodka and cleaned out the sinuses. 

• Haha 3

On 1/10/2021 at 1:15 PM, Cossacks said:

Did you eat? Always have wanted to try it.

I have been there Twice, Highly Recommend It!!!.... The Food is outstanding and for wine go for the “Rita’s Earth”, “Bien Nacido Vineyard” or “Sanford and Benedict Vineyard” Pinot Noir’s..... 🍻

• Like 1

Tonight I'm trying the last beer style I got from Ology yesterday. 

Their Vienna style lager. Name is self explanatory. It's the better of the three beers I tried from there. The other 2 were basically the same flavor just the English mild ale was a darker color. I notice that from a few of the microbreweries I've tried. They have a common flavor that carries through a lot of their selection. I think they use the same yeast too much and overwork the little fellas. Idk why that flavor carries through their beers that way though. 

This beer has a little hint of that similar flavor but less prominent. 5%Abv. Its a keeper if you are a lager fan though. I do think between 5 and 6.5 abv is my sweetspot. 

16104256960273930133242587851169.thumb.jpg.d2d84aecc04ad6a4fc35cb6157390f92.jpg

• Like 3

On 1/11/2021 at 11:29 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

Tonight I'm trying the last beer style I got from Ology yesterday. 

Their Vienna style lager. Name is self explanatory. It's the better of the three beers I tried from there. The other 2 were basically the same flavor just the English mild ale was a darker color. I notice that from a few of the microbreweries I've tried. They have a common flavor that carries through a lot of their selection. I think they use the same yeast too much and overwork the little fellas. Idk why that flavor carries through their beers that way though. 

This beer has a little hint of that similar flavor but less prominent. 5%Abv. Its a keeper if you are a lager fan though. I do think between 5 and 6.5 abv is my sweetspot. 

16104256960273930133242587851169.thumb.jpg.d2d84aecc04ad6a4fc35cb6157390f92.jpg

I like a good Vienna style!

Here's what I'm drinking. Not bad. Still mad I didnt stop in Duclaw when I was in DC/Baltimore. 

20201227_165136.jpg

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Black IPA with mandarin. This was a little rough 😂. 11% ABV and bitter with some kick. Tasted almost like a stout with some chocolate/coffee hints, definitely top fuel.

112D8C94-79ED-47F8-AC43-011AABDD1729.jpeg

248DE1CB-67D1-4769-A4A3-39FEA3CB2287.jpeg

That back drop though! Damn. 

Imperial Black IPA. Definitely not for the faint of heart. Did you pick up any of the mandarin flavor? I know it gets overpowered by all the bitter hops, and burnt malts. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Imperial Black IPA. Definitely not for the faint of heart. Did you pick up any of the mandarin flavor? I know it gets overpowered by all the bitter hops, and burnt malts. 

Very faint tinge. I had read the label when it came, but totally forgot how potent. Tits said let’s go for a drive to the coast. I said grab me that mandarin IPA. I took one sip and was damn 😂. It reminded me a little of the first sip of took of Dragons Milk IPA, caught me a little off guard

9810A9DE-A2BD-44C1-A09F-EAB9FC58DFFA.gif

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Very faint tinge. I had read the label when it came, but totally forgot how potent. Tits said let’s go for a drive to the coast. I said grab me that mandarin IPA. I took one sip and was damn 😂. It reminded me a little of the first sip of took of Dragons Milk IPA, caught me a little off guard

9810A9DE-A2BD-44C1-A09F-EAB9FC58DFFA.gif

At the tap room, they'll only pour that in half pints when on tap. Idk what sense that makes because you can drink as many half pints as you want. Haha. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

At the tap room, they'll only pour that in half pints when on tap. Idk what sense that makes because you can drink as many half pints as you want. Haha. 

It’s like me with silver bullets. Half the alcohol and calories. So instead of drinking 4 beers, I have 8 Coors lights. 😂

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Right?!  Nice backdrop Cossacks. 

I'm sitting here inside because it's cold and snowing outside

Watching the UFC fights and NFL games while drinking a few beers.......

Originally I was gonna pass on this one, but after looking it up due to curiosity, it had a high rating, so I bought it. Great smooth stout. Perfect balance of sweetness mixed in.  

20210116_220112.jpg

• Like 3

So, I wasn't actually planning to drink a beer tonight, but, I started feeling left out after these last posts. 

I know its technically stout season and all that, but, I love my IPAs and Lagers so...

I looked around in my fridge and found a Henhouse Brewing Company IPA (Incredible Pale Ale) from Sonoma County California. 

20210116_233534.thumb.jpg.4070a507d1c12efeea39a594a2115a66.jpg

This one has a tropical type backbone. It actually reminds me of a beer I seek out down in Daytona when I'm down for the races. Tr- Hop- ical from Ormond Brewing Company. Makes me wonder if there is some connection with brewers or something. I think the hops may be a little different in this Henhouse brew but the flavor is so similar. 

Very good IPA ringing in at 6.9%. 

No palm trees or ocean views in the back ground, but, something just as good... My Nike Packer flex bill cap. Haha! 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So, I wasn't actually planning to drink a beer tonight, but, I started feeling left out after these last posts. 

I know its technically stout season and all that, but, I love my IPAs and Lagers so...

I looked around in my fridge and found a Henhouse Brewing Company IPA (Incredible Pale Ale) from Sonoma County California. 

20210116_233534.thumb.jpg.4070a507d1c12efeea39a594a2115a66.jpg

This one has a tropical type backbone. It actually reminds me of a beer I seek out down in Daytona when I'm down for the races. Tr- Hop- ical from Ormond Brewing Company. Makes me wonder if there is some connection with brewers or something. I think the hops may be a little different in this Henhouse brew but the flavor is so similar. 

Very good IPA ringing in at 6.9%. 

No palm trees or ocean views in the back ground, but, something just as good... My Nike Packer flex bill cap. Haha! 

"Incredible" pale ale .....haha love it

• Like 1

Well, it isn't a game day, but, it somehow feels like a nice evening to finish off with a beer. 

I have a really nice lager that I wish I'd have poured into a glass now that I've knocked back half of it. 

20210120_215229.thumb.jpg.e0ee6e637704805be277fdeab3518d22.jpg

20210120_215251.thumb.jpg.a345b7fcd555b5129036f17646fc164c.jpg

Very heady brew. That seems to be a nice theme with the west coast beers I've had the pleasure of trying. The Russian River beers and now this Iron Ox lager all have similar high carbonation. Gives them a unique mouth feel and a little froth on your mustache assuming you have one. I definitely like this one. I feel like Goldilocks but... This beer is not too bitter and not too smooth, its just right. Its not too heavy and not too light, its just right. Its not too high gravity and not too low gravity... yep, you guessed it, its just right. 

It lives up to its name as well. It does seem just tropical enough to have tropical in the name. A light fruity flavor on the front end, finishing smooth and fresh. After you swallow and then sit for a moment and let the finish develop, the bitterness of the hops finally show up about the time you're ready to give up and go for the next drink. 

Pretty sure I broke their rules as written on the can. Don't think, just drink. With that, I'm gonna knock the second half of it back. 

🍻 :D

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MA Fan said:

"caramel" is a stretch, but it's a solid sweet stout.

20210123_213409.jpg

3A3767F6-CFAB-4F71-9FC7-7CC25DE0276B.thumb.jpeg.0342117469b273d957129a2f9693b522.jpeg

Cheers to the Dessert Beers tonight as I am going with the Bear Claw Pastry Stout! From Bear Bottle Brewing out of San Francisco.....

The Funny thing about this Beer is when my Buddy gave it to me last week, the first person I thought of was @Coletrain06 and all those awesome looking Literman Beers he is always posting!!!...🤣🤣🤣🍻

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5