Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

17 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Raspberry Field Party from Georgia Beer Company down in Valdosta. Made a trip down there and may or may not have had a beer too many before leaving. Been sitting in my truck nursing this one since I got in my driveway. Haha. 

20210219_235707.thumb.jpg.8e5f583d8ba56a59e3170d94a922e748.jpg

20210220_000155.thumb.jpg.41324ebf3cc9fc13d56818b7bd6177bc.jpg

It does smell more fruited than it tastes, but, the raspberries come through nicely enough in the flavor too. Its a really nice pale ale. Malty and crispy. Just a little tart. They claim it will pair with seafood nicely and I may well give that a try soon. 

Only 5% abv so its very drinkable. I do think I'll have another before I go inside. 😁

Atta boy this thread was getting a little stale😂. I stopped for awhile to detox a bit.  Had to cut back a little, but time to get back in the ballgame in moderation.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Atta boy this thread was getting a little stale😂. I stopped for awhile to detox a bit.  Had to cut back a little, but time to get back in the ballgame in moderation.

Man, I went on and cut loose tonight. Still sat in my truck. Tits peeping out the door every now and again long enough to see me toss another can out onto the lawn. xD

Moderations is for females named Hawgarina. I'm HawgGoneIt and have base in my voice. Hahaha. 

I'm totally joking about half of this shit, but, am still tossing back Raspberry field partys in my truck with the biatch staring out at me occasionally. No Diggety by Chet Faker on the sound system. 🤣

20210220_004043.thumb.jpg.8095c4bb43a070ce8c9a0549194970a5.jpg

• Haha 5

New rule has been no booze, Monday-Thursday. But it was 83 degrees out and I wanted to fire up the smoker. Since I didn't have any apple juice to spritz my ribs with I needed to put some moisture on them and figured a touch of this splendid little stout from Georgia would be par for ribs. Of course only used about 2 ounces in my sprayer so what’s a guy to do with 10 ounces of beer, sure as hell not dump it😂. And it was a very good stout. Usually a stout reporter for me is a holidays winter time cold weather beer, but tasted just fine in the sunshine. Out of curiosity @HawgGoneItever hear of this beer 😂?

Kind a morph between the @imaGoodBoyNowweather thread, the sadly pretty defunct bbq/carnivore challenge thread (RIP) and this one.

BFF32B8B-4A99-4948-9DF2-1C9205D7937C.jpeg

2 hours ago, Cossacks said:

New rule has been no booze, Monday-Thursday. But it was 83 degrees out and I wanted to fire up the smoker. Since I didn't have any apple juice to spritz my ribs with I needed to put some moisture on them and figured a touch of this splendid little stout from Georgia would be par for ribs. Of course only used about 2 ounces in my sprayer so what’s a guy to do with 10 ounces of beer, sure as hell not dump it😂. And it was a very good stout. Usually a stout reporter for me is a holidays winter time cold weather beer, but tasted just fine in the sunshine. Out of curiosity @HawgGoneItever hear of this beer 😂?

Kind a morph between the @imaGoodBoyNowweather thread, the sadly pretty defunct bbq/carnivore challenge thread (RIP) and this one.

BFF32B8B-4A99-4948-9DF2-1C9205D7937C.jpeg

Yeah, that's a solid stout as far as stouts go and all. Never been my favorites, but, I do on occasion down one of those in the winter. 

I'm more of a porter type than a stout guy tbh. 

That particular beer is the first beer that brewer made and opened their doors with about 4 years ago. Crowler sales only for most of that first year as their core 4 came online and their canning operations was finished. I'd say that one and their Skywater golden ale are their best two brews, then I'm partial to the Rye Charles although they've changed it a little and it seems a little more fruity than before since the head brewer changed. That southern harvest light lager runs in the same grouping as far as their top brews imo. 

They have a few novelty brews that seem to be long running on tap but never canned yet. A sweet tea lager that tastes like a mostly unsweetened tea, but is very enjoyable on a warm day. A smoked rum ham lager that really does taste like a smoked ham. Interesting that it would be ok, but it is actually enjoyable, and they also run a lime lager on tap only that brings you to mind of corona light or land shark with a wedge of lime, except just a bit more lime forward. 

Occasionally they knock it out of the park with a small batch brew aside from those. 

• Like 2

On 1/20/2021 at 7:08 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, it isn't a game day, but, it somehow feels like a nice evening to finish off with a beer. 

I have a really nice lager that I wish I'd have poured into a glass now that I've knocked back half of it. 

20210120_215229.thumb.jpg.e0ee6e637704805be277fdeab3518d22.jpg

20210120_215251.thumb.jpg.a345b7fcd555b5129036f17646fc164c.jpg

Very heady brew. That seems to be a nice theme with the west coast beers I've had the pleasure of trying. The Russian River beers and now this Iron Ox lager all have similar high carbonation. Gives them a unique mouth feel and a little froth on your mustache assuming you have one. I definitely like this one. I feel like Goldilocks but... This beer is not too bitter and not too smooth, its just right. Its not too heavy and not too light, its just right. Its not too high gravity and not too low gravity... yep, you guessed it, its just right. 

It lives up to its name as well. It does seem just tropical enough to have tropical in the name. A light fruity flavor on the front end, finishing smooth and fresh. After you swallow and then sit for a moment and let the finish develop, the bitterness of the hops finally show up about the time you're ready to give up and go for the next drink. 

Pretty sure I broke their rules as written on the can. Don't think, just drink. With that, I'm gonna knock the second half of it back. 

🍻 :D

This review is spot on @HawgGoneIt . This was one of the blind beers that got sent and was on a suggestion from my buddy who really liked it. I just saw it again at the store and picked one up for myself. Very good balance, not overwhelmed by the fruity flavor, really solid easy to drink beer.

DF52CDDD-057B-4A9E-A6C8-5DA2EA94A791.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cossacks said:

This review is spot on @HawgGoneIt . This was one of the blind beers that got sent and was on a suggestion from my buddy who really liked it. I just saw it again at the store and picked one up for myself. Very good balance, not overwhelmed by the fruity flavor, really solid easy to drink beer.

DF52CDDD-057B-4A9E-A6C8-5DA2EA94A791.jpeg

It's a great beer! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Having a St. Bernardus Wheat at a local watering hole tonight. Maybe looking at a bar crawl. Idk haha. Gotta let loose on occasion. xD

16149933438526493310369968779412.thumb.jpg.002c083df335ded603e156ad07c3df51.jpg

How did that “crawl” workout? In my younger days I had a few “crawls” into my bed at the end of the night.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Cossacks said:

How did that “crawl” workout? In my younger days I had a few “crawls” into my bed at the end of the night.

Was just about that. Almost exactly that. Haha. Was alone when I made that post but a friend showed up so just had a few beers and drinks there and cancelled the crawl. Turned out alright. Just looking for an IV this morning is all. 😅

• Haha 2

This was a leftover Brink crowler from my 1st annual Mardi Gras Party from couple weeks ago.... Made some Seafood Gumbo, Crawfish Etouffee, Jambalaya, and Hurricanes. Friends brought some King Cakes and beignets. I ran up to Brink to get some King Cake beers.. great times, great beer, though last years cinnamon King Cake beer was a better version and more accurate to King Cake . 

20210306_143316.jpg

• Like 3

So, I've never been a sour fan, but, I got talked into trying this one on tap a few weeks back and due to its being special aged in white wine barrels it was aged in a 53' refrigerated semi trailer so as to not have the wine barrels contaminate the brewery. It was a special run that got some of it bottled so I picked a few bottles off and saved them. Cracked this one tonight...

The 53 Foeder. 

20210313_183944.thumb.jpg.3f7c159e0c0281ff068cf773e2b97f5d.jpg

20210313_183409.thumb.jpg.edd75b8cacc84a5a19dce096f8595d32.jpg

It's actually more along the lines of an old school kettle sour than a lot of the sours we see these days that I don't like. It actually comes off a little like fermented peaches even, which stands to reason a you can see chunks and pieces of Peach floating in the bottom of your glass. Great color, on a nice hazy beer with a nice Peach nose and that carries through the flavor as well. Definitely a sour kick on the end though. 

• Like 4

On 3/13/2021 at 6:44 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

So, I've never been a sour fan, but, I got talked into trying this one on tap a few weeks back and due to its being special aged in white wine barrels it was aged in a 53' refrigerated semi trailer so as to not have the wine barrels contaminate the brewery. It was a special run that got some of it bottled so I picked a few bottles off and saved them. Cracked this one tonight...

The 53 Foeder. 

20210313_183944.thumb.jpg.3f7c159e0c0281ff068cf773e2b97f5d.jpg

20210313_183409.thumb.jpg.edd75b8cacc84a5a19dce096f8595d32.jpg

It's actually more along the lines of an old school kettle sour than a lot of the sours we see these days that I don't like. It actually comes off a little like fermented peaches even, which stands to reason a you can see chunks and pieces of Peach floating in the bottom of your glass. Great color, on a nice hazy beer with a nice Peach nose and that carries through the flavor as well. Definitely a sour kick on the end though. 

That sounds and looks good! I tend to like solids in my beers.......kinda like oramge juice. Love pulp in my orange juice.

• Like 1