Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

Today I went out to the swap meet and car corral, wandered, did some shopping... tried to buy this...

5a10a5157c8e1_oie_oJDnSCzJ6DBR(1).jpg.e9f5065fa0755bc85cbe350873fff715.jpg

Alas, the negotiations failed when I said I was always told that both things, anything with wheels and women were trouble, and the salesmen said this one ran on synthetics. She was too expensive to be running on synthetics so I moved along.

Anyway, all the negotiating worked up quite a thirst, so on the way home to catch the UGA game, I stopped and picked these up...

20171118_160655.thumb.jpg.74f149cd6ad86d95e4eff85420203b20.jpg

Legit beer! I guess I like the whites pretty good. Allagash, Florida Cracker and this one are both good beers. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Today I went out to the swap meet and car corral, wandered, did some shopping... tried to buy this...

5a10a5157c8e1_oie_oJDnSCzJ6DBR(1).jpg.e9f5065fa0755bc85cbe350873fff715.jpg

Alas, the negotiations failed when I said I was always told that both things, anything with wheels and women were trouble, and the salesmen said this one ran on synthetics. She was too expensive to be running on synthetics so I moved along.

Anyway, all the negotiating worked up quite a thirst, so on the way home to catch the UGA game, I stopped and picked these up...

20171118_160655.thumb.jpg.74f149cd6ad86d95e4eff85420203b20.jpg

Legit beer! I guess I like the whites pretty good. Allagash, Florida Cracker and this one are both good beers. 

Ha!  I've had that one and I liked it too.  Plus it's cheap...the beer, not the girl...B|

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...

I'm down to a six pack of the Back Forty Paw Paw's Peach, 2 Redd's Blueberry Ale and one UFO Belgian White in the fridge for the Super Bowl. Doubt I'll drink all that though. 

Checked in at my beer store last night and right when I walked in the girl told me they just sold the last six pack of my peach beer. I just stopped and stared her down before going into the craft cave and looking anyway. Got me a quart of Fireball and went to the counter and told the gal, "You have to tell me right now who the hell bought my beer." She said, "Some Bass person." I said,"You mean to tell me that you sold MY last six pack to some damned Big Mouth Bass?!" Paid for my liquor and left shaking my head. xD 

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm down to a six pack of the Back Forty Paw Paw's Peach, 2 Redd's Blueberry Ale and one UFO Belgian White in the fridge for the Super Bowl. Doubt I'll drink all that though. 

Checked in at my beer store last night and right when I walked in the girl told me they just sold the last six pack of my peach beer. I just stopped and stared her down before going into the craft cave and looking anyway. Got me a quart of Fireball and went to the counter and told the gal, "You have to tell me right now who the hell bought my beer." She said, "Some Bass person." I said,"You mean to tell me that you sold MY last six pack to some damned Big Mouth Bass?!" Paid for my liquor and left shaking my head. xD 

You'll like this one I had last week Hawg. Braxton is local.

1920x1080_MovingToTheCountry-1.png

• Like 1

Just now, Coletrain06 said:

Yea it's not bad......and I generally hate any peach flavored alcohol because they usually taste too artificial and sugary.

Yeah I don't want anything sugary much. The Redd's Blue Berry has been in my fridge for quite a while because it's sweet. The Back Forty Peach isn't anything close to sweet. It's perfection in the can. Perfect hops bitterness and just right smoothness. Nothing sweet about it. Maybe just a hint of the peach on the finish. 

I figure SweetWater usually has a decent hops bitter in most of their beers, sometimes, more than I like. 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah I don't want anything sugary much. The Redd's Blue Berry has been in my fridge for quite a while because it's sweet. The Back Forty Peach isn't anything close to sweet. It's perfection in the can. Perfect hops bitterness and just right smoothness. Nothing sweet about it. Maybe just a hint of the peach on the finish. 

I figure SweetWater usually has a decent hops bitter in most of their beers, sometimes, more than I like. 

Is Redd's blueberry any good? There a couple local blueberry beers that are fantastic, and usually are served with fresh blueberries floating in the beer. 

Sweetwater is pretty good. My cousin lived down in myrtle beach last summer and he kept talking bout the goin' coastal pineapple ipa. Had some when I visited and it was pretty good 

The Redd's Blueberry is, idk, I liked it for a while I guess. I bought a six pack of it about three or four times last year. It's not really a beer imo. It is more like a cooler maybe than a beer. Can't find any hops or bitterness in it at all. If I get in the right mood I can knock a couple of them back. It has a certain "twang" that I like. I tried the Raspberry also and liked the Blueberry better. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The Redd's Blueberry is, idk, I liked it for a while I guess. I bought a six pack of it about three or four times last year. It's not really a beer imo. It is more like a cooler maybe than a beer. Can't find any hops or bitterness in it at all. If I get in the right mood I can knock a couple of them back. It has a certain "twang" that I like. I tried the Raspberry also and liked the Blueberry better. 

You sound like a Ripple Wine man to ME!

• Haha 1