Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

Alright, alright. Coletrain has posted Peanut Butter Porters before and I have always been skeptical. 

Well, I'm an instant fan. I love that the can looks like a jar of jif or something too. 

20180209_192954.thumb.jpg.23a6c335b30edb48ef35931fd1238490.jpg20180209_193007.thumb.jpg.7607f1f6aefd9cf7863fb77e36998d22.jpg

Back Forty Brewery

Yep. I still love my friends up in Gadsden even if they've been out of my peach beer for a couple of weeks already. My store tells me that they can't get it right now so the distributer is out. 

Gonna have to email the brewmaster again I reckon. xD

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Alright, alright. Coletrain has posted Peanut Butter Porters before and I have always been skeptical. 

Well, I'm an instant fan. I love that the can looks like a jar of jif or something too. 

20180209_192954.thumb.jpg.23a6c335b30edb48ef35931fd1238490.jpg20180209_193007.thumb.jpg.7607f1f6aefd9cf7863fb77e36998d22.jpg

Back Forty Brewery

Yep. I still love my friends up in Gadsden even if they've been out of my peach beer for a couple of weeks already. My store tells me that they can't get it right now so the distributer is out. 

Gonna have to email the brewmaster again I reckon. xD

That can is freaking awesome! Love peanut butter porters 

• 2 months later...
39 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Got a nice grab bag tonight.....

Starting off with a local Cincinnati beer. Badass can..all black

20180414_195906.jpg

Cool can!

I'm in Tennessee for the Bristol races this weekend. Been eyeing this local beer wagon at the track called YEEHAW Brewery. Maybe tomorrow I'll grab one of their drafts. Been too busy to drink! If you can believe that. Lol

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Got a nice grab bag tonight.....

Starting off with a local Cincinnati beer. Badass can..all black

20180414_195906.jpg

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Cool can!

I'm in Tennessee for the Bristol races this weekend. Been eyeing this local beer wagon at the track called YEEHAW Brewery. Maybe tomorrow I'll grab one of their drafts. Been too busy to drink! If you can believe that. Lol

Boy do I need to make a beer run. 

• Like 1

Does anyone here ever do brewery tours?

I used to do them often when I was younger, but I lived in CA, and so it was whole thing to drive up the coast and hit all the breweries along the way and learn a bit about their histories and how they run from the inside. I think it adds something to the experience of drinking their beers. I'm not sure you could do the same thing in the Midwest or in other parts of the country, or that you'd want to. But maybe some of you know about this than I do. 

I think I can recommend checking out Anchor in San Francisco if anyone ever finds himself out there. After the tour, they let you drink as much as you like. And maybe I got lucky, but the two times I did the tour, there were really interesting people also doing it. I had long, drunken chats with a young kid from Ireland who was visiting the States and with a Stanford graduate student who was studying poetry. 

I say "maybe" only because this was about 20 years ago. Things might be different now. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm going for the holy grail of Back Forty Beer Company since January 20th of 2017. Idk if I will be able to score any, but I'm going directly to the brewery and cutting out the middle man on this one. 

I may only drink one in the tap room if available, and then buy some for collectibles. Idk. 

Image result for mandarin chief back forty

If I had been closer I would have definitely tried to go to their inauguration party where they were supposed to debut it. Of course as the story goes, it wasn't ready, but, judging by the name and can...

They're definitely my people. 

MANDARIN CHIEF

Image result for rodney dangerfield laughing gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So, I'm going for the holy grail of Back Forty Beer Company since January 20th of 2017. Idk if I will be able to score any, but I'm going directly to the brewery and cutting out the middle man on this one. 

I may only drink one in the tap room if available, and then buy some for collectibles. Idk. 

Image result for mandarin chief back forty

If I had been closer I would have definitely tried to go to their inauguration party where they were supposed to debut it. Of course as the story goes, it wasn't ready, but, judging by the name and can...

They're definitely my people. 

MANDARIN CHIEF

Image result for rodney dangerfield laughing gif

That sounds interesting.... an imperial IPA with orange flavor. Sounds good

Here's what I'm drinking currently 

lupuluaua_6-pk_render_720x477_72_rgb_118

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Alright boys, back in business...... 

Drinking probably my favorite beer name and slogan.....

SSCN2911.JPG

Dude just stay clear of those hard core ipa’s. I know you like them but there getting to the point where they taste like a dog ate grass, and you followed it around til it puked in your cup. Just saying 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CardinalTruth said:

Dude just stay clear of those hard core ipa’s. I know you like them but there getting to the point where they taste like a dog ate grass, and you followed it around til it puked in your cup. Just saying 

Haha I like everything. You know this. Gotta acquire a taste for the IPA s. I'll get you there man 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CardinalTruth said:

I don't usually dig the strong ipa's.

Have been digging on a couple of stouts. Diet has kept me away from the brews lately. 

I've been holding on to a few Mandarin Chief black double ipa's though for a special occasion.