Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

017B74A4-3848-49F6-94F4-002C2E548DFE.thumb.jpeg.fe0f1d27931530ebf60ebd0fc98750eb.jpeg

Date Night Tonight!!!…. Since My Wife let me Go to The Giants Game Last Night I am Taking Her to Dinner at The Bridge’s Restaurant in Danville….

The Restaurant is Famouse for Being in the Move Mrs.Doubtfire from the hilarious scene whereb Robin Williams Gets Hammered on Scotch with his Boss….🤣

It’s also a great place with zincredible food!!.,, 🤣🤣🍻

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Streetside's version of the nationwide Black is Beautiful beers.

One of the best beers I've had. Anybody that knows me, will know that I love pastry stouts and milkshake IPAs the most. This is top tier pastry stout

20211009_194558.jpg

It's not yet cold enough for me to shift to stouts and porters yet. I did pick up that Marzen and an amber ale, so, I'm drifting that direction. 

I have a wax sealed Porter called Washington's Porter that I picked up from Chattabrewchee when I went on that brewery blitz. Waiting on a cold snap to open that bad boy. I hope it's worth the wait. xD

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's not yet cold enough for me to shift to stouts and porters yet. I did pick up that Marzen and an amber ale, so, I'm drifting that direction. 

I have a wax sealed Porter called Washington's Porter that I picked up from Chattabrewchee when I went on that brewery blitz. Waiting on a cold snap to open that bad boy. I hope it's worth the wait. xD

Yea, it's still probably a lot warmer in Southern Georgia than up here in the Nati....

Although it was like 80 today. Temp dropping though...hoping for a crisp fall night. Would like to have a bonfire, but all my wood just got rained on

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I’m the exact same way. I will start my Stouts and Porters when it get cold in November and December, but don’t love drinking them before when it’s warmer.

• Like 1

This weeks game was Jefferson (WV) versus James Wood (VA) and the big news is that I made the switch to porters and brought a WV starter pack back to Virginia.

Jefferson is 7-0 but probably going to lose to Martinsburg by 50 next week.

Big Timber makes decent stuff, might have to make the trip over the mountain(s) and through the woods to Elkins sometime.

20211010_175748.jpg

• Like 5

Just now, THEOC89 said:

ECB03361-D0DD-4258-9EA3-F79A462928A1.thumb.jpeg.c38060ce898dac08350410e9bf3cd02a.jpeg

Had To Move to Something Stronger Tonight!…. GO Giants!!!…. 🤣🍻

No shit! I was gonna say get off the internet, but I need a release too. I went out for street tacos earlier. Modelo especial, Dos Equis. Now to the panther piss CL’s and pacing around in circles. Nothing in sports beats playoff baseball for drama. Every god damn pitch, my liver takes a beating 😂.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

No shit! I was gonna say get off the internet, but I need a release too. I went out for street tacos earlier. Modelo especial, Dos Equis. Now to the panther piss CL’s and pacing around in circles. Nothing in sports beats playoff baseball for drama. Every god damn pitch, my liver takes a beating 😂.

You damn well better win this game

2 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Dodgers would have likely won anyway, but the first base ump is blind as f**k

Nah doesn't matter. Yaz not making a productive out early. Lots of blame to go around. Said It all year, unless the G men hit a bomb they don’t score. Held true. Awesome 109 season, but the flaws came through. Congrats Dodgers 🤮, but deserved!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Nah doesn't matter. Yaz not making a productive out early. Lots of blame to go around. Said It all year, unless the G men hit a bomb they don’t score. Held true. Awesome 109 season, but the flaws came through. Congrats Dodgers 🤮, but deserved!

Yeah, teams that win that many games are usually offensive powerhouses.  The Giants’ lineup was not really that.  Speaks to the quality of their staff.  Flores was 0-17 lifetime vs Scherzer and no one to hit for him? These 13 pitcher rosters are leaving teams short on the bench.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Totally Agree…. We lived and Died with the HR all season and we could not come up at all with Clutch hits with Runners on Base that’s what lost this….

It was a great year though and Being at Game 1 with My Son at His First Ever playoff game and seeing Buster hit that home run was one of the greatest moments I have ever experienced at a sporting event….

It was a great series, Cheers to The Dodgers, The Better Team won Congrats to @HurricaneNick and @Bodysurf hopefully the Dodgers get swept by The Braves…. 🤣🤣🍻

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2